Next manager, who would you like in charge?

B4ev6is

No one as come up with Ian Holloway (good motivator) or Derek Adams who since being in management in 8 years as managed 3 promotions (2 with Ross County, 1 with current club Plymouth). Just missed out on a play off place this season by finishing 7th having had an injury hit squad (went through 7 keepers including on loan Kelle Roos). Also took Ross County to the Scottish cup final in 2010 when they were not even in the Scottish premiership all on shoestring budgets.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest i'm at the point where i'm not bothered anymore.   Mercenary players to a large extent , poisonous management ,  clueless board .   Never thought i'd be this abject about my club and like most on here I've seen some crap over the years but at least it was possible to see a light at the end of the tunnel - new investor,  get these key players fit,   avoid bankruptcy etc .

This time around it’s easier to say who I don’t want in charge. 

Give one of the othe young lads a chance, preferably those with a history of actually playing good football with their teams. 

Smith, Cook, Johnson, et al. 

Not any one of the old brigade. 

3 hours ago, Arsene Titman said:

Stimac - you have to be joking.He’s a dodgy character with an awful managerial record. So he was a great player for us (when it suited him ) - so what. In what way does this qualify him to be our manager? I read he’s an early favourite- God help us if  Stimac gets the job

And I third it. There is zero reason to give him the job!

And I'm glad you brought up his character. I loved the guy when he played for us but when you did down there are a lot of skeletons in his cupboard.

2 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

Allardyce, Lee Johnson, Cooke, Neil or Warburton in that order for me.

After a truly horrible start that list becomes quite decent.

We have had a miraculous escape from one purveyor of dire football, replacing him with another would inexcusable

I'd take Frank Lampard if he wanted it. He's said that he's ready for his first role. Extremely intelligent, well spoken and would likely prefer an attacking outlook. He'd probably want to go somewhere he'd feel more secure, though.

Future England manager right there.

Stimac on his facebook has basically said that he wants the job:

May be more to it than hope Daz https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/…/former-derby-county-lege…

Maybe the time has come to go back home!!!

I am ready for the challenge, can’t give you guaranties for success, but loyalty and pride I will bring with me!

Possibly Mark Robins and Steve Taylor.

Coventry played some great stuff in their play-off win v notts county.

this included crossing the half way line; passing the ball on the deck; and actually shooting at goal.

5 hours ago, plymouthram said:

No one as come up with Ian Holloway (good motivator) or Derek Adams who since being in management in 8 years as managed 3 promotions (2 with Ross County, 1 with current club Plymouth). Just missed out on a play off place this season by finishing 7th having had an injury hit squad (went through 7 keepers including on loan Kelle Roos). Also took Ross County to the Scottish cup final in 2010 when they were not even in the Scottish premiership all on shoestring budgets.

There’s a very good reason!

If we are going for top 6 I would opt for Dean smith, providing he brings Ollie watkins and Ryan Woods with him. If we are going to try and stabilise the club then i Would opt for McCarthy, but I wouldn't necessarily like the football. Not many exciting managers about and i don't fancy another season like the last. Hoooooooooooffffff and boring boring football!!!!!!!!! 

Although I didn't necessarily want to see him go, I actually wasn't too gutted when I heard. But then, my optimism quickly died down when I saw the list of available managers. I haven't got any other names to put in the hat, maybe someone like David Hopkin? Could be ready for a step up from across the border. I would be honestly really gutted if it is McCartney. I've, for one reason or another, found myself with quite a few Ipswich fans and not one of them have a positive word to say about the man.

I can see us appointing someone like Robbie Savage... *holds head in hands*.

PistoldPete2
4 hours ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

I'd take Frank Lampard if he wanted it. He's said that he's ready for his first role. Extremely intelligent, well spoken and would likely prefer an attacking outlook. He'd probably want to go somewhere he'd feel more secure, though.

Future England manager right there.

Thats one oldie in the team i woudlnt mind. 

Archived