Derby County F.C. v Fulham FC

Boycie

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Lived dangerously throughout the second half won't be able to soak up that kind of pressure at theirs without conceeding. ,but great commitment and discipline,thought the ref was harsh on the fouls in the box from our corners and Wienman booking.

Have to give it a go at theirs and get at least one. Curtis ,Keogh Hudds  and Lawrence thought had excellent games.Fantastic goal by CJ putty we couldn't have gone on and got another, but we'll played lads.

Weimann lost his temper completely and was really giving it to the ref. Don't know what he said but the booking was probabl justified.

We need to do more up front. We won't be able to get a win or a draw at their place with doggedness and good organisation alone.

4 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

We got a bit of luck when they hit the bar and then blasted over a couple of minutes after , but I do think we did our teamwork really well tonight. Well organised and we looked dangerous on the break. Will it be enough on Monday ?

We flattered to deceive on the break -lots of promising positions that we failed to exploit due to a total lack of quality.

If that's Rowetts game plan on Monday then we won't be progressing any further.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I thought the bench looked very ordinary.

Fresh legs, Anya potential matchwinner for me. Subs did not weaken us. I see nothing to fear in away leg. One goal for us will see us through. Defence was strong bit calm.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Someone better than him could play - it's not his fault Rowett thinks he's a footballer. You can't spot 'em either can you! ?

To be fair to wiemann (however you spell it) he put a shift in, he did his job and  thought he did what was required.  He could have done better on the ball, however overall he did what what was required of him.

3 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

We got a bit of luck when they hit the bar and then blasted over a couple of minutes after , but I do think we did our teamwork really well tonight. Well organised and we looked dangerous on the break. Will it be enough on Monday ?

Agree , we worked hard tonight.Not sure we deserved to win but for the most part controlled Fulham. Will we be able to allow them to come in to us at Craven cottage and not conceded two? Am not so sure. Some tyred legs out their and would expect changes Monday.

We can do this ,lads just need to stay focused even more pressure on Fulham now .

What a ******* performance. The best defensive performance I’ve seen in ******* years. Everyone at the back was ******* insane. 

Curtis Davies is 100% our player of the season. He is the best signing we’ve made since I’ve been supporting this club (Billy Davies promotion season, 2006/07, I was 6/7 years old), an absolute monster tonight against the best striker in this league. As soon as Mitrovic came within a yard of the ball, Curtis got the ****** away. An absolute monster, a legendary leader and a ******* hero.

Wisdom and Forsyth both stepped up magnificently (especially Fozzy’s cross) and Keogh was monumental both defensively and going forward.  Huddlestone was composed as always and Jonno was a beast in the middle.

The attacking 2 were bright, especially Lawrence, yet Rowett changed it up at exactly the right time. Anya put a superb shift in when he came on and Nuge was simply ******* Nuge.

This year, Cameron Jerome is the equivalent of George Thorne in 13/14. No obvious reason why we signed him to start with, but he has come into his ******* own recently. He has been the key man in the last few games, and he was the difference tonight with his goal.

I’m bloody delighted. I seriously think we can do this. Off to Fulham on Monday night; hopefully it will be better than my previous trips to the capital this season (Millwall and QPR). 

Missing the forum, I’ll see you all soon. Up the ******* Rams.

BurtonRam7 x

Still doing his school work but I’ve been asked to pass a message on from a slightly tipsy @BurtonRam7 on Twitter. He will be back next month.

Just now, Inglorius said:

We flattered to deceive on the break lots of promising positions that we failed to expolit due to a total lack of quality.

If that's Rowetts game plan on Monday then we won't be progressing any further.

Rowett's game plan resulted in plenty of breaks in "lots of promising positions", as you so astutely put it. He got it right. The fact we failed to execute a few chances isn't on him. It's his job to set us up to be in a position to create chances.

Rowett tactically got it spot on this evening. I'll haver the same again from him on Monday, thanks.

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

Seriously??!

Of course it is. If you have the home leg first, you want to take the game away from the away team.

We didn't do that.

Yes, we're still in the tie. Yes, we have a lead to protect. But I think we are asking too much of our defence to produce another grand defensive effort like that twice in four days.

If Fulham are going to dominate possession and play on the front foot for 60-65 minutes like they did tonight, they will create enough chances to wipe out the slender lead we have.

For them, it was a damage limitation exercise and so 1-0 gives them the advantage, in my opinion.

27 minutes ago, David said:

Beautiful. That’s how you win football matches. 

Pass pass pass, where you going? Nowhere. Take your possession percentage and stick it in your trophy cabinet if that’s what floats your boat, we’ll just give it to Camram Jerome and stick it in your net ?

That's the way we used to play under McClaren and we all loved it.

Setting the performance bar so low as to be happy with defending for about 75 mins at home against a team who finished 3 places above us in the same division is a bit of a shame. 

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

Rowett's game plan resulted in plenty of breaks in "lots of promising positions", as you so astutely put it. He got it right. The fact we failed to execute a few chances isn't on him. It's his job to set us up to be in a position to create chances.

Rowett tactically got it spot on this evening. I'll haver the same again from him on Monday, thanks.

I wasn't trying to criticise Rowett merely pointing out that it's pointless setting up a team to play on the break if they don't have the calibre of players to actually hurt the opposition when they do break. 

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Of course it is. If you have the home leg first, you want to take the game away from the away team.

We didn't do that.

Yes, we're still in the tie. Yes, we have a lead to protect. But I think we are asking too much of our defence to produce another grand defensive effort like that twice in four days.

If Fulham are going to dominate possession and play on the front foot for 60-65 minutes like they did tonight, they will create enough chances to wipe out the slender lead we have.

For them, it was a damage limitation exercise and so 1-0 gives them the advantage, in my opinion.

I agree we should start every game 1 nill down so we have the advantage, jeez some of our fans should just accept a victory for what it is.  

Not sure how we’ve done that. Fulham all over us - esepically for the last 20 minutes. 

At least we have an advantage for Monday night’s match. With the peformance tonight I don’t see any reason we can’t make it to Wembley.

COYR!

Archived