Derby County F.C. v Fulham FC

Boycie

13 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Of course it is. If you have the home leg first, you want to take the game away from the away team.

We didn't do that.

Yes, we're still in the tie. Yes, we have a lead to protect. But I think we are asking too much of our defence to produce another grand defensive effort like that twice in four days.

If Fulham are going to dominate possession and play on the front foot for 60-65 minutes like they did tonight, they will create enough chances to wipe out the slender lead we have.

For them, it was a damage limitation exercise and so 1-0 gives them the advantage, in my opinion.

I agree. We were also pretty fortunate. Our defense was spectacular today, but I wouldn't say we nullified them. We limited them, but were pretty fortunate vs it being a tactical masterclass. If the shot that hit the post went in, or one of their better chances went in, it would hardly have been undeserved and the mood would be completely different right now. 

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fulham’s home record has been amazing this year. They beat Wolves, Villa and Sheff Utd all by 2+ goals over the past few months.

They won’t be fazed by being a goal down. 1-0 is a decent scoreline if away goals count. As they don’t it’s a slender advantage. Bookies will still have them as favourites to advance.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Pearce come in at CB and Forsyth move to LWB, Weimann further forward and Vydra to the bench. 

We may even being in Ledley and go 5-3-1-1 with three holding midfielders and then Lawrence/Weimann ans Jerome as a front two.

We had no press in midfield. Play like that at CC and with their fans roaring them on we will be in big trouble.

I expect Vydra will start on the bench. He doesn’t really suit the three at the back system. He looked lost and frustrated tonight.

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Wow. Amazed that some so-called Derby fans found so little to please them in tonight's performance. Yes, we were under the cosh for at least 35 minutes of the second half but we bossed the first half with Fulham creating absolutely nothing for all their possession. All the incisive breaks were ours and the only real chances created were our own. 

In the second half we rode our luck, no doubt, and on another night they might have equalised, but if you can't take any joy from the win tonight, you're probably then I'd question whether you're really a Rams fan at all.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion, for sure, but do you really need to be pissing on people's cake when you could just as easily take a night off? Or are you just pissed off that a team and a manager you've spent a whole year demeaning is one step away from making you look like mugs? 

Me too can’t believe the negative what the **** do people want, lost for words

4 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

I agree. We were also pretty fortunate. Our defense was spectacular today, but I wouldn't say we nullified them. We limited them, but were pretty fortunate vs it being a tactical masterclass. If the shot that hit the post went in, or one of their better chances went in, it would hardly have been undeserved and the mood would be completely different right now. 

If my aunt had a willy she’d be my uncle. If a couple of our passes hasn’t been slightly over hit we would’ve scored a couple more as well. 

3 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

But they didn’t, worlds full of if’s. If the ball between their two defenders and their goalie that they ****ed up had gone left instead of right it would have been 2-0. Final football is a different beast, you take your opportunities and your opposition can think if only all pre season.

......and breath.

Jerome looking a bargain at 1.5 mill. Davis man of the match for me also, their real threat was always to mitrovic ‘s feet and I thought Davis had him in his pocket all night. Fantastic performance and great atmosphere. Even the East Stand bouncing!!

Suprised at Fulham late on playing so dangerously high at only 1-0 with a home leg to come. We could’ve easily pinched a  second a few times, bit of panic maybe?

think we can hold them to a 1-1 at theirs

COYR!!!!!!    

Everyone gave 100% tonight I can’t fault the effort but we did sit to deep and if we repeat that on Monday we are asking for trouble but I still think we can score at their place with a better final ball as they do take risks ????

3 minutes ago, ck- said:

We do have the players who have quality on the break. We didn't show it today, but the quality is there.

I thought Weimann put in a good shift, but he does lack composure. Lawrence always seems to make the wrong decision. The biggest disappointment was Vydra, who didn't seemed to be interested, we as good as played the first 65 mins with 10 players. 9 of our starting 11 were excellent. Johnson, Huddlestone and Davies were the stand out players

Apart from the first 15 mins of the second half I thought we were comfortable.  We seemed very subdued at the start of the second for some reason and gave Fulham far too much room and space. Our fans were also strangely subdued and silent at the start of the second. The subs gave us fresh impetus and Gary was right in saying we should have done better.

Well done The Rams!

COYR

Sith Happens
11 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Fulham’s home record has been amazing this year. They beat Wolves, Villa and Sheff Utd all by 2+ goals over the past few months.

They won’t be fazed by being a goal down. 1-0 is a decent scoreline if away goals count. As they don’t it’s a slender advantage. Bookies will still have them as favourites to advance.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Pearce come in at CB and Forsyth move to LWB, Weimann further forward and Vydra to the bench. 

We may even being in Ledley and go 5-3-1-1 with three holding midfielders and then Lawrence/Weimann ans Jerome as a front two.

We had no press in midfield. Play like that at CC and with their fans roaring them on we will be in big trouble.

I expect Vydra will start on the bench. He doesn’t really suit the three at the back system. He looked lost and frustrated tonight.

Lost and frustrated?  Maybe that was you watching your brilliant Fulham lose the first leg.

?

Dunno if anyone’s said it but Huddlestone and Johnson were absolutely machines tonight, one of the biggest reasons we got that victory tonight. Don’t understand all the moaning, we did sit back too much and we’ll be in trouble if we do that on Monday, but we just beat an extremely good side and gave ourselves a chance in the second leg. We hold the advantage now we need to make use of it, come on derby!

Have to save a comment for that **** of a ref though, where the hell do they find them! Could’ve said he was shahid khan himself and I’d have believed you.

7 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

The thing is the wood bits around the outside of the goal don't count mate. It's the stringy thing at the back that matters. And since you want to talk 'if's, but's and maybe's' what if we'd been a little more clinical with our final passes?

As for pointing out that if they'd scored, the mood would be different, well thanks for that incisive piece of analysis. We'd have been less happy with a draw or loss? Jeez, I think I've just discovered the pathway to enlightenment.

Archived