Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

Sith Happens

How long it takes to finish roadworks, and how much those doing the work seem to manage to get away with when going over the estimated time...

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/Derby-news/what-expect-a52-road-scheme-4362147

The article is titled : What to expect when the A52 road scheme is finally completed

I havent read it, however I assume when they are finally complete i should expect cancer to have been cured, an end to world hunger, covid 19 to be a distant memory, manned missions to mars, Derby to have finally been promoted, forest not to have been, forest fans still harping on about 2 stars though, leeds in the national league, ken barlow to still be in coronation street, star wars episode 36, king george, president bieber, woolly mammoths at twycross, mobile phones to be the size of a 50" tv, 20g mobiles phones, flying cars...

6 hours ago, Paul71 said:

How long it takes to finish roadworks, and how much those doing the work seem to manage to get away with when going over the estimated time...

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/Derby-news/what-expect-a52-road-scheme-4362147

The article is titled : What to expect when the A52 road scheme is finally completed

I havent read it, however I assume when they are finally complete i should expect cancer to have been cured, an end to world hunger, covid 19 to be a distant memory, manned missions to mars, Derby to have finally been promoted, forest not to have been, forest fans still harping on about 2 stars though, leeds in the national league, ken barlow to still be in coronation street, star wars episode 36, king george, president bieber, woolly mammoths at twycross, mobile phones to be the size of a 50" tv, 20g mobiles phones, flying cars...

I don't think you'll ever get any mobile phone the size of a 50" TV, weighing a mere 20 grams!  That's just silly!   Even my 6s must weigh 150g, at a guess!  

• 2 weeks later...

The word “annoy” is little weak to describe my reaction, but I didn’t want to start a new topic. 

I feel a new level of rage and heartbreak when I see a story about someone abandoning a dog. 

there was a story in Stoke a few months back, then last week, a dog found tied to a tree hidden from view near Ashbourne and today, I saw a story about cctv footage showing a woman over in Portland driving to the woods, letting her dog out, pretending to run towards the woods to walk it, then running back to her car and driving off, whilst the dog stands there wagging it’s tail. 

If i could type the words I feel, @David would be wielding his ban hammer! 

I’m not to macho to admit that these stories make me shed a tear ??

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Post Office 'opening' times.

May as well just say permanently closed. 

Would think after 9 on a Monday morning would be prime time.

Went to collect a parcel from the sorting office in Derby last week. Thought whilst I'm there I'll post this A4 envelope. "Sorry mate, you can't post this here, you need to go Babbington Lane."

And Royal Mail wonder why they're losing money. Just make it easier for customers to use the services. 

Trains... the wife kept the car at the hospital (I don’t know why either) so I had to catch the train today...

a train guard bloke person walked up and down numerous times checking people were wearing masks (which is great) but at no point during my return trip did anyone check my ticket. 

I’m an honest bloke and will always pay for my journey but know for a fact numerous people didn’t... if he’s going round checking masks he can surely check tickets at the same time? 

1 hour ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Trains... the wife kept the car at the hospital (I don’t know why either) so I had to catch the train today...

a train guard bloke person walked up and down numerous times checking people were wearing masks (which is great) but at no point during my return trip did anyone check my ticket. 

I’m an honest bloke and will always pay for my journey but know for a fact numerous people didn’t... if he’s going round checking masks he can surely check tickets at the same time? 

It would maybe mean people removing masks to have conversations with him. 

Maybe the process of getting someone off the train who hasn't bought a ticket is a risk atm, though I'd like to see the whole scenario acted out in the medium of mime.

8 hours ago, sage said:

It would maybe mean people removing masks to have conversations with him

Maybe the process of getting someone off the train who hasn't bought a ticket is a risk atm, though I'd like to see the whole scenario acted out in the medium of mime.

flew back from EMA and the woman in the row in front wore her mask for 50% of the time.  She was incapable of speaking without removing the mask.  I asked her whether she thought that an appropriate use of the mask and she told me to duck off, charming

25 minutes ago, Spanish said:

flew back from EMA and the woman in the row in front wore her mask for 50% of the time.  She was incapable of speaking without removing the mask.  I asked her whether she thought that an appropriate use of the mask and she told me to duck off, charming

And that is why I wont be flying till next Spring/Summer.

An old favourite today, vehicle main dealers.

Not content with lightening my wallet of the bulk of £300 quid for a 1st service, they then advised me that my front tyres were in a Amber state of thread depth (4.9 mm) and could do with changing, at a cost of £160 each.

Legal limit is 1.6mm, and the car has done 2017 miles from new in 12 months, the first 1000 of which at a computer controlled maximum of 4000 rpm, on a 4wd vehicle.

The wipers are even worse apparently, need changing PDQ at a mere £48 including fitting.

Robbing bar stewards.

1 minute ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Not content with lightening my wallet of the bulk of £300 quid for a 1st service, they then advised me that my front tyres were in a Amber state of thread depth (4.9 mm) and could do with changing, at a cost of £160 each.

Legal limit is 1.6mm, and the car has done 2017 miles from new in 12 months, the first 1000 of which at a computer controlled maximum of 4000 rpm, on a 4wd vehicle.

The wipers are even worse apparently, need changing PDQ at a mere £48 including fitting.

Robbing bar stewards.

Indeed. Advising you to change tyres at that depth is nuts

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Robbing bar stewards.

motor mechanics are up there with those in the allied trades.....

take it in for an oil change, they quote you 50 quid, wait till they've got your car in bits and shake their head...we've got a problem boss...a new engine and 3k later.....

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Bearwood Ram said:

Sorry for repeating this but I heard someone say 'medsun' again today... ?

I wouldn't mind some med sun its flipping pissing it down 

6 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

motor mechanics are up there with those in the allied trades.....

take it in for an oil change, they quote you 50 quid, wait till they've got your car in bits and shake their head...we've got a problem boss...a new engine and 3k later.....

Solicitors . Sitting in those musty rooms filled with old books they never read and  grandfather clocks. Do bugger all to the point where frustration means you start chasing around doing there job.  Then you get a bill for 5 grand.  

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Solicitors . Sitting in those musty rooms filled with old books they never read and  grandfather clocks. Do bugger all to the point where frustration means you start chasing around doing there job.  Then you get a bill for 5 grand.  

The last solicitor I used showed us into an office, complete with a giant sized picture of Notts Forest European Cup winning squad.

I was about to walk out, when he apologized for the wall display and explained he was using his colleagues office while his was refurbished.

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

robbing bamfords..they have to write to you cause they got something wrong but charge you 50 quid for it