Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

5 hours ago, jono said:

Heh heh .. some years ago someone wrote a thing about Movies cliches ...  Can’t remember them all but my favourite 2 were:

1) a black singlet is more bullet proof than a Kevlar flack jacket

2) when a space ship is under attack by aliens the last thing to fail is the anti gravity System

4 hours ago, sage said:

Can I add 2 more...

a) a 6'2" movie villain carjacks a car from a 5'2" woman and drives off without adjusting the seat

b) in Bond films his Aston Martin can't out run the saloon with 4 henchmen in it that is chasing him. 

I have some pet hates too:

1. When the hero is attcaked by a group of thugs - who go at him one at a time and then usually overcome by one punch.

2. When anyone makes a phone call, the other end always picks up immediately.

3..........and then they never say goodbye properly. Usually just hang up.

4. Computer sound effects - just opening new windows has to be accompanied by a swoosh and clicking on anything has a beep or tinkle to it. Imagine working in that open office.

5. Overcoming door locks by shooting them. Never tried it but it sounds like it shouldn't work.

6. Unless they've just emerged unscathed from a collapsed building, nobody coughs. Ever. If they do, it means they're suddenly terminally ill.

On 19/08/2020 at 20:26, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Solicitors . Sitting in those musty rooms filled with old books they never read and  grandfather clocks. Do bugger all to the point where frustration means you start chasing around doing there job.  Then you get a bill for 5 grand.  

On 19/08/2020 at 20:30, reverendo de duivel said:

The last solicitor I used showed us into an office, complete with a giant sized picture of Notts Forest European Cup winning squad.

I was about to walk out, when he apologized for the wall display and explained he was using his colleagues office while his was refurbished.

On 24/08/2020 at 15:47, JoetheRam said:

It was mentioned only a page back, but worth reiterating... Solicitors. 

Add estate agents, mortgage advisors, banks and builders into that mix and I'm ready to flip.

Take those posts back and kneel for Nick De Marco QC, the new King of Derby.

2 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

1. When the hero is attcaked by a group of thugs - who go at him one at a time and then usually overcome by one punch.

4. Computer sound effects - just opening new windows has to be accompanied by a swoosh and clicking on anything has a beep or tinkle to it. Imagine working in that open office.

5. Overcoming door locks by shooting them. Never tried it but it sounds like it shouldn't work.

6. Unless they've just emerged unscathed from a collapsed building, nobody coughs. Ever. If they do, it means they're suddenly terminally ill.

I’m a stickler for continuity. Having just binge watched White Collar, my OCD for this stuff, reached boiling point. 

As stated in recent days, Phones on bedside tables at night NOT on charge, when are they charged?

Empty coffee cups. I can tell by the way it’s handled when someone hands over a supposedly freshly made takeaway coffee, that its empty. Its insulting to viewers to then pretend to sip at an empty cup, without steam, without swallowing, without pausing to sip properly. 

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’m a stickler for continuity. Having just binge watched White Collar, my OCD for this stuff, reached boiling 

Empty coffee cups. I can tell by the way it’s handled when someone hands over a supposedly freshly made takeaway coffee, that its empty. Its insulting to viewers to then pretend to sip at an empty cup, without steam, without swallowing, without pausing to sip properly. 

I think you're taking this part a bit too far but you're entitled to expresso you're opinion. 

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’m a stickler for continuity. Having just binge watched White Collar, my OCD for this stuff, reached boiling point. 

As stated in recent days, Phones on bedside tables at night NOT on charge, when are they charged?

yeah what do they take us for? mugs?

4 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

Also ten minute fights usually ending with the hero getting a right kicking. 

Next time you see them, not a mark, a bruise or a lump. 

Sith Happens

Booking a hotel for next year (fingers crossed) in Belgium and receiving a text afterwards from my bank saying it looks like unusual activity and have declined it and locked my card.

How can it be unusual, i book hotels all the time and its a well known brand (IHG)....Bloody Banks.

5 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Booking a hotel for next year (fingers crossed) in Belgium and receiving a text afterwards from my bank saying it looks like unusual activity and have declined it and locked my card.

How can it be unusual, i book hotels all the time and its a well known brand (IHG)....Bloody Banks.

Annoying, but I'm guessing you'd rather they be overcautious than for someone to defraud you?  It's happened to me before but I felt quite comforted actually.

It's less of a pain in the backside to call them and have it unblocked than to go through your bank statements identifying which payments you recognise.

I don't know if they still do it but Barclays used to send a text in such situations giving you the option to validate the transaction (and no, it wasn't a fraudulent phishing scam!), make the payment and unfreeze the card.

Edited by Coconut

Sith Happens
14 hours ago, Coconut said:

Annoying, but I'm guessing you'd rather they be overcautious than for someone to defraud you?  It's happened to me before but I felt quite comforted actually.

It's less of a pain in the backside to call them and have it unblocked than to go through your bank statements identifying which payments you recognise.

I don't know if they still do it but Barclays used to send a text in such situations giving you the option to validate the transaction (and no, it wasn't a fraudulent phishing scam!), make the payment and unfreeze the card.

Yeah i get all of that, but as you say i did get a text but they auto declined the IHG payment but asked for confirmation on 2 others. Happy for a cautious approach just doesnt make sense when they are sending me an sms anyway to check to auto decline a payment to a very legitimate company....maybe understood if it was Marinakis Pharmacuticals.

28 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Creating a massive queue to get into a new Starbucks. It’s overpriced coffee ffs!!! 

bit odd ain't it

get hammered on a couple of beers and about 5 double gins, become overemotional, argumentative & wallow in self pity turning what had been a perfectly nice eveing into a stress filed & distressing night, where anything you say to them in a voice above a whisper is construed as shouting at them, bringing about a flood of tears and wailing

repeatedly

gin & menopause don't mix

Edited by Coconut

When some people don't mean what they say.  They say, no I would never do that and then do that, because of something or some other damn excuse, or yes I would absolutely do that and then don't do that because of this or that excuse.  There is no excuse, do what you say, or shut the duck up permanently.

26 minutes ago, ramit said:

When some people don't mean what they say.  They say, no I would never do that and then do that, because of something or some other damn excuse, or yes I would absolutely do that and then don't do that because of this or that excuse.  There is no excuse, do what you say, or shut the duck up permanently.

I would never quote you on that. 

Mum's the word.