Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

4 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Elon Musk and the Brit diver who went to save the Thai boys in the cave last year.  

Yeah, according to Musk it's a commonly used form of bantz in South Africa where guys call each other 'pedo guy' all the time. Having spent over two years there, I can honestly say he's talking utter poo. If you call your average Afrikaner 'pedo-guy', it's a safe bet you're getting laid out!

It was a cheap shot from Musk all in a fit of pique because his toy submarine was deemed to be of no use to the rescue team. Childish really!

11 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Just seen litter pickers in heanor. They are fetching the litter out the bushes near tesco. The piles of rubbish is astonishing

We really do have some scumbags about (those dropping the litter not the litter pickers).  

There are 4 of them.

They should make anyone caught dropping litter do a few hundred hours litter picking, maybe they wouldn't be so keen to drop litter if they had to be up early on a cold Saturday morning doing it.

We are far too soft with people.

There was a video doing the rounds a couple of months back, it may have been Greece or some such country, where a guy had been caught fly tipping his fridge down a deep ravine. His punishment from the judge was to get the fridge back to the top and dispose of it properly. 

So what’s to stop us from doing something similar with fly tippers and litterers generally other than political will and public service organisation - and a willingness from us all ie the general public, to face down all the Twitter backlash when someone actually has to do it? 

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Oh okay. I’m very conflicted when it comes to Musk. He’s doing some great things, but he’s also quite problematic (pedo comment, anti trade union, etc). 

He's such a belllend. But I've got my eyes on one of them electric pick ups and I'm quite excited about it.

Edited by Pastinaak

On 07/12/2019 at 08:47, Paul71 said:

So it seems Publically calling someone a peado is acceptable now. Or is it only ok if you have billions to spend on top lawyers? 

Crazy decision.

Mind you, not anywhere near as bad but, claiming $190m in damages was also pretty outrageous.

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Crazy decision.

Mind you, not anywhere near as bad but, claiming $190m in damages was also pretty outrageous.

Yep it was

18 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Crazy decision.

How did Musks comment ccost this diver $190m? Was he trying it on because Musk was a multi millionaire? If I had called it him would he have done the same? 

Edited by Van Gritters

With all due respect VG, while being a valued member of this forum, you opinion carries a tad less weight than Musks. If you had called the gentleman what Musk did I doubt it would have attracted global attention, therefore his reputation wouldn’t have been brought into question the world over. 

On 07/12/2019 at 08:44, Paul71 said:

Just seen litter pickers in heanor

I used to do that job. And we had to empty the dog bins. It was horrible. And we used to get driven around just sat on the back of a pick up which is definitely illegal now and probably was then too. And then I got sacked for stealing contaminated cans of cat food out of a skip! And I didn't even do the crime, I just took the blame for the son in law of the boss who'd already blamed it on me then begged me in tears to back up his story. Actually in fairness I didn't get sacked for that but got a final warning because I think the boss knew it was actually his son in law that dunnit. I got sacked a few days later when I was supposed to be working on a Saturday morning but woke up in a car in Skegness with no recollection of how I'd got there. Great days.

What were we talking about?

People at work who state a company asset as "mine". I hate it. When has that company thing ever been yours?

"Have sorted moving "my" container?"....... crikey, I didn't know you bought a huge container. Oh wait, no you didn't, it's the companies which is used by all types of employees. 

Edited by SouthStandDan

10 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

That Elf on the Shelf nonsense. Who the hell has the time to do that kind of crap?

Some of our friends do this & post the elaborate set-ups daily on FB etc.

I just have a problem with the whole concept. Miss Wolfie is a good kid, so why would I want to impose an evil looking elf on her, whose puropose is to spy on her the whole time & report back to Santa if she steps out of line?!.

4 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

People at work who state a company asset as "mine". I hate it. When has that company thing ever been yours?

"Have sorted moving "my" container?"....... crikey, I didn't know you bought a huge container. Oh wait, no you didn't, it's the companies which is used by all types of employees. 

People get so possessive. My colleague has moved to another office and I now occupy ‘her’ desk. It’s not mine, it’s still hers and if she decides she’s doing a day in her old office she claims it and I have to move.