Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

1 hour ago, Barney_FFC said:

I went to the Derby Vs Fulham game and I have to say I am baffled by today’s decision. It was hard enough for me to get to the game this day and the snow definitely was worse than  what I could tell from there pictures from today.   I was far more convinced our game at the beginning of March was going to be called off I was amazed it went ahead in all honesty 

I think the difference with the Fulham game was that they had a full day to clear the surrounding areas whereas today it would have been a couple of hours tops.  It did clear fairly quickly today but at 8am they probably wouldn't have known that

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

What a load of clap trap. Do you actually attend away games? No way in a million years would you plan to get to an away game just an hour before KO, especially if it's over 150 miles away!

The coaches left between 5am - 7am depending on how far west they were. Most were less than 50 miles away when the dreaded call came.

You're the one spouting clap trap bonny lad, especially given that you weren't even coming to Derby. And yes I do go to away matches, all over the UK, and I do a 150 mile round trip for every home game. And for what it's worth I always aim to be around the ground, home and away, about an hour before kick off. Never missed a kick off in 57 years.

And if your lot were daft enough to be 50 miles away by 830am ie aiming to be in Derby by 930am, given the real possibility that the match would be off, then more fool them. 

Allowing for the fact that making a decision about calling the match off the night before was not sensible, then 830am (bearing in mind that the people involved will probably have spent an hour or so coming to the decision) seems perfectly reasonable. 

Decision was arrived at by Derbyshire Police, the club and other safety authorities. All the club and the police are guilty of is being over safety conscious, but that’s modern society everyone frightened of insurance claims!! 

Now on to Warnock, he has accused our club of cheating, and made wild accusations with no factual basis. Could definitely an argument for slander, as a minimum he’s brought the game into disrepute!! Hope the FA throw the book at him!

And I really hope we win a really nasty game when we eventually do play it! Get into em.........!!!!!!!

Not sure why Cardiff supporters are complaining...... they wouldn't have been happy if Joe Ledley turned up on his crutches and slipped on his arse or if Tom Laurence had slipped and put his back out again.  Both could've been out of the World Cup  injured.............. oh, perhaps not!

41 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

What a load of clap trap. Do you actually attend away games? No way in a million years would you plan to get to an away game just an hour before KO, especially if it's over 150 miles away!

The coaches left between 5am - 7am depending on how far west they were. Most were less than 50 miles away when the dreaded call came.

Some buses were setting off on a 150 mile journey 7 hours before kick off.

Trust me they would definitely have struggled in the snow if they were pushing the buses here. 

2 minutes ago, eezzeetiger said:

Loving the derby fans trying to spin this.  Keeps Gary in the job for a bit longer

Trying to spin WHAT exactly? The fact that the roads were unsafe? It's not exactly spin to state a fact. I guess though, as a Forest fan, since your team is a bit *****, you have nothing better to do than troll Derby!

I looked at the Cardiff forum this morning and coaches had indeed left by 7 am. I would have done the same if the fixture was reversed. Law states that a football fan over the age of consent and not in charge of a motorised vehicle should attempt to drink his or her shoe size in pints prior to any fixture. I don’t like Sunday football and dislike 12 o clock kick offs even more, but accept that TV money is a  nessasary evil. But surely these stupid fixture times should be reserved for local games, especially in the colder months. The balance between fans and broadcasters seems to have tilted too far in their direction in recent years 

13 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

You're the one spouting clap trap bonny lad, especially given that you weren't even coming to Derby. And yes I do go to away matches, all over the UK, and I do a 150 mile round trip for every home game. And for what it's worth I always aim to be around the ground, home and away, about an hour before kick off. Never missed a kick off in 57 years.

And if your lot were daft enough to be 50 miles away by 830am ie aiming to be in Derby by 930am, given the real possibility that the match would be off, then more fool them. 

Allowing for the fact that making a decision about calling the match off the night before was not sensible, then 830am (bearing in mind that the people involved will probably have spent an hour or so coming to the decision) seems perfectly reasonable. 

I wish I was a bonny lad but unfortunately I'm just an old fat *******. That aside I commend your vigour on distance travel to home games.

The bitter pill is that you and I know this game could, and should have been played. I'm not concerned about Derby's injury list and the fact they might be ready for the rearrangement. We've got injuries too! You've got enough to beat us and vice versa.

The real dissapointment is the fans who had to travel, from both sides, with no end product. Call it on Saturday evening, not 3 hours before KO.

42 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I dunno, turning up to a game hours after you've been told it's been called off makes you look like a bit of a cretin to me.

My sentiments exactly. Did he expect club officials to be waiting around for him when the game had been called off approximately 2hrs previously. Sky skullduggery is afoot here. Their nose is out of joint with Mels foray into media with Rams TV.They'll be mighty pissed off when Mel sets up his breakaway competition the Ramier League. 

5 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

I wish I was a bonny lad but unfortunately I'm just an old fat *******. That aside I commend your vigour on distance travel to home games.

The bitter pill is that you and I know this game could, and should have been played. I'm not concerned about Derby's injury list and the fact they might be ready for the rearrangement. We've got injuries too! You've got enough to beat us and vice versa.

The real dissapointment is the fans who had to travel, from both sides, with no end product. Call it on Saturday evening, not 3 hours before KO.

It was not possible to call it off Saturday. You clearly have no idea about the situation here in Derby at that time. Your ‘solution’ is mere fantasy. 

16 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

You didn't even leave Wales. How can you possibly comment. As I stated earlier, I live 8 miles from the ground and my road wasn't driveable till around 11.30 and that was with the weather being better than the morning forecast. Any staff living more than 5 miles from the ground would have issues getting there.

The police and safety group would have advised the club. Just because the decision doesn't meet your agenda, doesn't make it wrong. 

41 minutes ago, eezzeetiger said:

Loving the derby fans trying to spin this.  Keeps Gary in the job for a bit longer

37 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Trying to spin WHAT exactly? The fact that the roads were unsafe? It's not exactly spin to state a fact. I guess though, as a Forest fan, since your team is a bit *****, you have nothing better to do than troll Derby!

4 mins in and a bite.

Even @David would be proud of that asleep in a tent by a rancid  pond holding a tin in one hand and his rod in the other.

1 minute ago, sage said:

You didn't even leave Wales. How can you possibly comment. As I stated earlier, I live 8 miles from the ground and my road wasn't driveable till around 11.30 and that was with the weather being better than the morning forecast. Any staff living more than 5 miles from the ground would have issues getting there.

The police and safety group would have advised the club. Just because the decision doesn't meet your agenda, doesn't make it wrong. 

He paid for a day pass for nowtv.

watch him deny it

Archived