Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

3 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Erm, Sky Sports News have not come out of this in a good light either (in my opinion)

Surely they should not have screened Warnock’s rant without having something from us lined up ready to go in the interests of balance/fair play, but of course, that wouldn’t have suited eithers agenda. 

Cardiff City’s coach really should have left the team hotel to head directly to Cardiff but no, it was instructed to go to a ground where they knew full well no match would be taking place.

The only question for me, not that it really matters, is, did Sky ask Warnock to turn up, or did Warnock phone Sky ?

And who let him in?  I thought nobody was there?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was a good decision. You have to consider all our injured players who could have slipped and prolonged their recovery. Also the fans which have to battle to get there. I was seriously considering watching it in the pub had it been on. I think if the kick off was later say 2 o'clock or 3 there wouldn’t have been a problem. 

Just now, Gritters said:

I think it was a good decision. You have to consider all our injured players who could have slipped and prolonged their recovery. Also the fans which have to battle to get there. I was seriously considering watching it in the pub had it been on. I think if the kick off was later say 2 o'clock or 3 there wouldn’t have been a problem. 

Whose fault is a 12 o’clock kick off 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Because his opinions on this are a disgrace. 

The weather was horrendous this morning .

I had to dig the car out. 

Its still slippy on the streets .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43450852

I can understand him being cheesed off and I feel for the Cardiff fans because they should never have set off but Warnock is accusing us of cheating and if you’re going to make accusations like that you’d better be able to back it up with evidence.

I’m glad the club has stayed out of it though.

I still think someone should apologise to the Cardiff fans for the late decision.

If Warnock can’t prove his allegations he should apologise too.

Just now, coneheadjohn said:

I can understand him being cheesed off and I feel for the Cardiff fans because they should never have set off but Warnock is accusing us of cheating and if you’re going to make accusations like that you’d better be able to back it up with evidence.

I still think someone should apologise to the Cardiff fans for the late decision.

Why who knows how much snow will fall overnight mate. 

Warnock is good manager who has a very good record at achieving promotion and who would probably done a good job here.  He is trying to get the best outcome for his team. I would hope we would do the same.

Having said all of that I stopped having too much respect for him sixteen years ago and I don’t pay attention to what he says.

Infact I don’t really listen to the opposition manager much at all.

and often I’m not that bothered about what ours has to say to be honest.

Seems to be a lot of Warnock haters on here. Are you jealous by any chance?

Warnock has taken a team from 23rd in the Championship to promotion contenders, and possibly the Premiership, with next to no money. Come on guys give it a rest.

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Why who knows how much snow will fall overnight mate. 

They knew the conditions this morning and they should have had a meeting and been in communication with the Cardiff fans as a priority.

What changed between 6 and 8.30?

First question I would be asking is what time are they setting off from Cardiff but maybe that’s why I work in a warehouse and not as an emergency planner.

2 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

They could have called it off earlier but at least the 3,000 Cardiff fans got to spend a few hours in glorious England before having to go back to Wales 

1 minute ago, Bluebird1 said:

Warnock has taken a team from 23rd in the Championship to promotion contenders, and possibly the Premiership, with next to no money. Come on guys give it a rest.

I love Warnock,he hates Wednesday and the Wendies torment me and he’s a good manager plus I know someone who knew him when he was at Rotherham who says he’s a top bloke.

Let himself down with the cheating allegations (unless he can prove it).

3 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

Not jealous but the truth is that no way could that game be played at 12pm and no way could the overnight snow be predicted. 

Would you like people digging cars out and driving through Derbyshire in unsafe conditions on side roads .

The main roads may have been ok but Warnock should know what roads get like in North Derbyshire etc having Managed Sheff U 

Archived