Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/11297085/derby-county-adamant-they-did-everything-right-over-cardiff-postponement

Derbyshire police had already issued advice to everyone in the county not to travel on Sunday unless "absolutely necessary" when at 6.45am Derby's Stadium Safety Manager decided the areas around the ground were unsafe following heavy overnight snow.

At 7am, a Derby Director assessed the surrounding areas, agreed with the assessment and began making plans to postpone the game.

Derby say they had staff based at the stadium overnight, to prevent any pipes from bursting, and to clear the main car park areas. But they had a number of phone calls from stewards on Sunday morning, saying they couldn't get to the stadium because of the snow.

At 7:20am, Derby told the police Gold Match Commander they wanted to postpone the game, and a conference call was held with senior officers at the fire and ambulance service. Derby say all the emergency services were in agreement that the game should be called off. The decision was then ratified by the Safety Advisory Group.

Derby say Cardiff were informed of the decision around 8am, and the police announced the postponement at 8.15am before both clubs made statements to their supporters at 8.30am.

---

End of debate.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Beagle said:

Just heard on Radio Derby the EFL have said their  independent safety advisory group fully support the decision to postpone the game.

End of story

Shouldn't be the end of the story,  managers can't go around accusing other clubs of cheating. He has to be charged 

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Shouldn't be the end of the story,  managers can't go around accusing other clubs of cheating. He has to be charged 

Correct.  He has basically accused DCFC of cheating or at least bending the rules to gain an advantage.  Take Colin to the cleaners I say.

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/11297085/derby-county-adamant-they-did-everything-right-over-cardiff-postponement

Derbyshire police had already issued advice to everyone in the county not to travel on Sunday unless "absolutely necessary" when at 6.45am Derby's Stadium Safety Manager decided the areas around the ground were unsafe following heavy overnight snow.

At 7am, a Derby Director assessed the surrounding areas, agreed with the assessment and began making plans to postpone the game.

Derby say they had staff based at the stadium overnight, to prevent any pipes from bursting, and to clear the main car park areas. But they had a number of phone calls from stewards on Sunday morning, saying they couldn't get to the stadium because of the snow.

At 7:20am, Derby told the police Gold Match Commander they wanted to postpone the game, and a conference call was held with senior officers at the fire and ambulance service. Derby say all the emergency services were in agreement that the game should be called off. The decision was then ratified by the Safety Advisory Group.

Derby say Cardiff were informed of the decision around 8am, and the police announced the postponement at 8.15am before both clubs made statements to their supporters at 8.30am.

---

End of debate.

I'm not sure Warnock understands the concept of "debate". 

12 minutes ago, NottsRam said:

Correct.  He has basically accused DCFC of cheating or at least bending the rules to gain an advantage.  Take Colin to the cleaners I say.

Or at least demand an apology (ain't going to happen though) that the BBC could publish (ain't going to happen either). 

I hope burt doesnt mind me posting this... and apologies if it has been posted before, quite a few pages to get through. 

43 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Or at least demand an apology (ain't going to happen though) that the BBC could publish (ain't going to happen either). 

I hope he understands the definition of slander their “rat faced knacker of a manager”As @JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta  brilliantly put it ??

If not Mr. RFKOAM please see below..I’m sure our club will be looking forward to your writtennpublic apology ??

5FED04D7-D5DA-4375-9B9F-18FF1EC101CA.jpeg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43464818

The English Football League says it will look into the postponement of Derby County's Championship match against Cardiff City on Sunday.

Hosts Derby said the weather left the areas surrounding their Pride Park stadium in an "unsafe condition".

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock called the situation a "disgrace"and suggested the Rams, who have several players out injured, welcomed the postponement.

Derby made the decision to postpone the game, according to Derbyshire Police.

In a statement on Sunday, the EFL said the move was taken "following discussions between Derby County, Derbyshire Police and the local Safety Advisory Group (SAG)".

On Monday, an EFL spokesman added: "We are aware of the comments that have been made throughout the course of today in regard to yesterday's postponement between Derby County and Cardiff City.

"Having asked both clubs for their observations on the matter on Sunday, the EFL will not be making any further comment until the full responses are received."

Following the EFL's latest statement, Cardiff City chief executive Ken Choo said: "We look forward to the EFL's response and will update our supporters in due course.

"I share their frustrations and am in dialogue with the EFL to determine exactly why the game was postponed and how that decision was reached."

5 minutes ago, DerbyPride said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43464818

The English Football League says it will look into the postponement of Derby County's Championship match against Cardiff City on Sunday.

Hosts Derby said the weather left the areas surrounding their Pride Park stadium in an "unsafe condition".

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock called the situation a "disgrace"and suggested the Rams, who have several players out injured, welcomed the postponement.

Derby made the decision to postpone the game, according to Derbyshire Police.

In a statement on Sunday, the EFL said the move was taken "following discussions between Derby County, Derbyshire Police and the local Safety Advisory Group (SAG)".

On Monday, an EFL spokesman added: "We are aware of the comments that have been made throughout the course of today in regard to yesterday's postponement between Derby County and Cardiff City.

"Having asked both clubs for their observations on the matter on Sunday, the EFL will not be making any further comment until the full responses are received."

Following the EFL's latest statement, Cardiff City chief executive Ken Choo said: "We look forward to the EFL's response and will update our supporters in due course.

"I share their frustrations and am in dialogue with the EFL to determine exactly why the game was postponed and how that decision was reached."

I heard this on talksport about 6pm. Why are the blasted efl now seemingly turning turtle having not raised anything yesterday?

Absolutely disgraceful - they should have reprinted their comment from yesterday and charged Colin. Now this just gives him a platform to carry on with his wild accusations. 

Archived