Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

3 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

Seems to be a lot of Warnock haters on here. Are you jealous by any chance?

Warnock has taken a team from 23rd in the Championship to promotion contenders, and possibly the Premiership, with next to no money. Come on guys give it a rest.

I think it is what he has said about the postponed game. You can't take away his record in the Championship. He also has one of those faces you want to punch.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I can understand him being cheesed off and I feel for the Cardiff fans because they should never have set off but Warnock is accusing us of cheating and if you’re going to make accusations like that you’d better be able to back it up with evidence.

I’m glad the club has stayed out of it though.

I still think someone should apologise to the Cardiff fans for the late decision.

If Warnock can’t prove his allegations he should apologise too.

If he cannot prove what he has said the EFL should charge him. I would have thought that it was the refs decision not Derby’s and that would have been with consultation with the Police etc.

I dont blame him for being miffed as Cardiff had the perfect scenario for playing us, which will no doubt change when we do play

5 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

They knew the conditions this morning and they should have had a meeting and been in communication with the Cardiff fans as a priority.

What changed between 6 and 8.30?

First question I would be asking is what time are they setting off from Cardiff but maybe that’s why I work in a warehouse and not as an emergency planner.

So you wanted people inspecting roads at 6am in them conditions mate. 

5 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

Warnock has taken a team from 23rd in the Championship to promotion contenders, and possibly the Premiership, with next to no money. Come on guys give it a rest.

You’re on a Derby forum mate. Did you forget?

Are all the Cardiff lot understanding?

7 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

Come on mate ,to be acceptable to manage Derby you have to have the win ratio of Pep Guardiola and behave like Little lord Fauntleroy.

3 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

I remember the time when the state of the pitch was the only determining factor when it came to calling games off.  

Health and safety gone mad as per the norm nowadays. 

So how would you feel if you were stuck in snow unable to use your ticket you paid for.  

Also SKY changed the game to 12 pm not Derby. .

I don’t get this Derby County bashing ove4 this. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Not jealous but the truth is that no way could that game be played at 12pm and no way could the overnight snow be predicted. 

Would you like people digging cars out a Nd driving through Derbyshire in unsaf3 conditions on side roads .

The main roads may have been ok but Warnock should know what roads get like in North Derbyshire etc having Managed Sheff U 

I accept your point and may I suggest Warnock was probably a bit pissed off thinking about fixture congestion, which doesn't help either of us.

I just wish they called it off yesterday so your guys and ours didn't need to travel.

1 minute ago, Woodley Ram said:

If he cannot prove what he has said the EFL should charge him. I would have thought that it was the refs decision not Derby’s and that would have been with consultation with the Police etc.

I dont blame him for being miffed as Cardiff had the perfect scenario for playing us, which will no doubt change when we do play

Nothing to do with the ref he is only in charge of pitch condition and player safety whilst the game is in progress.Outside of that the stadium is the responsibility of the club and the council licensing authority.

Outside of the stadium area the council is responsible for the condition of roads and pavements and the police traffic and public order.

10 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

I think most Derby fans have sympathy for the Cardiff fans who were travelling today. I've been there mate and it's bloody annoying. 

But for some, the anti Warnock feeling has been around for years and years. It wouldn't bother me if Cardiff were 1st or 21st. Warnock is annoying and if I was a fan if any other club, I'd look at today's rant / mardy and just think to myself, 'there he goes again'.

when he perceives an injustice, boy don't we all know about it.

when he's on the fortunate end of something, he laughs and jokes telling all that's just the way it goes.

he enjoyed his little moment in the spotlight today and the propaganda piece he engineered.

But good luck to Cardiff me owd. You're where we want to be, no denying it :thumbsup:

Just now, Bluebird1 said:

I accept your point and may I suggest Warnock was probably a bit pissed off thinking about fixture congestion, which doesn't help either of us.

I just wish they called it off yesterday so your guys and ours didn't need to travel.

You and Warnock would of accepted that but there is a protocol to observe with the EFL ,Police and safety officers etc .

I do feel sorry for Cardiff fans who travelled just as I would any other fans but Warnock is accusing Derby of wanting the game off because of our injury situation 

3 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

Problem with that is I have seen games called off the day before then the next day it is perfectly fine and people are moaning it should have been played.They are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't.

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

So you wanted people inspecting roads at 6am in them conditions mate. 

Considering 3000 fans from Cardiff then of course,surely they’ve got to be the priority because they’re setting off first and the distance travelled etc.

If I was travelling that far with my kids I’d be pretty miffed.

Correct decision was made,someone needed to get up and make it earlier.

Someone should have made the Cardiff fans the priority simply because of time,distance,risk.

I think you would be a good Rowett @curtains,I’m going to try and trick you into saying ‘the reality of the situation is’.

Just now, curtains said:

So how would you feel if you were stuck in snow unable to use your ticket you paid for.  

Also SKY changed the game to 12 pm not Derby. .

I don’t get this Derby County bashing ove4 this. 

I’m not bashing Derby County in particular. This health and safety madness happens anywhere in Britain today. 

I’ve had more than once before where I couldn’t get to games years ago due to snow and yet the game went ahead. It’s one of those things that was excepted, similar to tripping over on the ice and not having someone else to blame for it. 

17 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

We have recognised the job he has done

On 18 February 2018 at 14:14, RamNut said:

Last season wolves had 35 points from 32 games; villa 36 from 32, cardiff 45 from 32

this season wolves 72 points from 32 games; villa 59 from 32; cardiff 69 from 32

They've all made tremendous progress.

we also like whipping ourselves up into frenzy of fake rage though.

19 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

I don’t think anyone is questioning his ability. But as a man he’s an absolutely detestable big headed big mouthed ****

1 minute ago, Abu Derby said:

I’m not bashing Derby County in particular. This health and safety madness happens anywhere in Britain today. 

I’ve had more than once before where I couldn’t get to games years ago due to snow and yet the game went ahead. It’s one of those things that was excepted, similar to tripping over on the ice and not having someone else to blame for it. 

Mate it really was horrendous this morning even EMA didn’t get the runway cleared until 0930 and Castle Donington doesn’t get the weather as bad as other part of Derbyshire 

Archived