Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

Joey Barton is fighting our corner against Alan Brazil and the Neil Warnock nonsense on talk sport.

I believe that NW is trying to get us in hot water with his comments, as JB said “NW is a good Championship manager, but doesn’t have any qualifications in Health and Safety and cannot possibly make an assessment on whether this game should or should not be called off”

He is even stating our lack of squad members available and using that to cast aspersions on our management and arguing that GR had an influence of whether or not the game went ahead... ludicrous IMO

Poor form by the ? end NW, completely out of order. If the game is off it’s off Warnock you TW@

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, curtains said:

CARDIFF boss Neil Warnock accused injury-hit Derby of a ‘stitch-up’ after their game at Pride Park was postponed.

The Rams cited ‘heavy overnight snowfall’ for the 8.15am cancellation of yesterday’s midday kick-off.

‘It leaves a sour taste,’ said Warnock. ‘It’s scandalous. Even Derby fans think it’s an absolute stitch-up.’

The EFL said it was ‘satisfied’ with the decision but gave Cardiff the chance to respond. Derby have not commented.

WHO ARE THESE DERBY FANS 

RoyMac

4 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

You British are quite a sensitive bunch, aren't you?  :poke:

What makes you say that? Here I am minding me own business, brushing me teeth and see you Scandinavians taking a pop at us

IMG_1748.jpg

I dont know if its been shared, but the EFL dont seem to think this was a decision made solely by Derby

The earlier share of the police saying "it was not a police decision" probably meant it was not solely a police decision.

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I dont know if its been shared, but the EFL dont seem to think this was a decision made solely by Derby

The earlier share of the police saying "it was not a police decision" probably meant it was not solely a police decision.

It was clearly that IMO - the police didn't specifically demand we call it off, but all of the groups involved collectively decided it was for the best.

28 minutes ago, curtains said:

CARDIFF boss Neil Warnock accused injury-hit Derby of a ‘stitch-up’ after their game at Pride Park was postponed.

The Rams cited ‘heavy overnight snowfall’ for the 8.15am cancellation of yesterday’s midday kick-off.

‘It leaves a sour taste,’ said Warnock. ‘It’s scandalous. Even Derby fans think it’s an absolute stitch-up.’

The EFL said it was ‘satisfied’ with the decision but gave Cardiff the chance to respond. Derby have not commented.

WHO ARE THESE DERBY FANS 

There are about 3 on here! :lol:

26 minutes ago, curtains said:

WHO ARE THESE DERBY FANS 

Don’t let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory eh Neil? 

We weren’t able to go due to snow, my neighbour not able to go, my brother not able to go either. But he was stuck at East Midlands airport due to the runways being closed preventing him getting away on holiday. Yet ‘there was no snow’. 

27 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. Got a mard on with me have you @Hector was the best you seem to be an angry man looking at your response to my posts! Get a grip, its a bit of fun, the sort of thing Colin loves. Rowett should have been there at the ground to 'out play him' but missed his chance.  

Not normally angry, it's just when I read most of your posts ;) Suppose you will be very happy about that. shame really. 

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

I base my prejudices purely on personal experience (having worked with a number of Welsh people over the years and visited their lovely country on a large number of occasions) - in particular I still haven't forgiven the Landlord in a North Wales pub who refused to serve us when we arrived (after a nightmare journey) just before last orders - "Sorry lads we're closed" he smiled as he then proceeded to serve several of the locals - 36 years later and it still grates - what a bar-steward he was.....

Isn’t it.

37 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. Got a mard on with me have you @Hector was the best you seem to be an angry man looking at your response to my posts! Get a grip, its a bit of fun, the sort of thing Colin loves. Rowett should have been there at the ground to 'out play him' but missed his chance.  

That`s the point. He has out "warnocked" him

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

In those days, it was most certainly a Welsh thing in North Wales - you could also walk into shops where people were chatting to each other in English and as soon as they realised you weren't local, they'd switch to Welsh - always struck me as a strange attitude for people whose livelihoods depended on tourism....They also had the groups who'd campaign to remove any use of the English language - they'd go round and spray over the English words on bi-lingual roadsigns....

Having lived near Chester for a while, I have plenty of personal experience to agree with this! Countryside was lovely mind!

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Can we put this to bed now?

The game was called off.

Warnock threw a tantrum, something which should surprise nobody given his track record

The Football League released a statement putting us in the clear.

Let the Cardiff fans and their rat faced knacker of a manager do the crying about it.

No he’s accused us what should we put it to bed 

Archived