Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

30 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I stopped reading this about 50 pages ago...

Its now approaching 70 pages debating the rights and wrongs of calling the match off.  I think some of you need to get out more - or are you snowed in :p

It makes a nice change. If we had played the match, we would have lost, and had a 2 week international break of the same old people moaning about the same old points.

Fortunately, we may still have the same old people moaning, but about some new things for once.

I always find the people who moan about health and safety are the sort of people who would try and make a claim if they did slip on some untreated ice. They usually moan about political correctness gone mad too, but can't really tell the difference between them. They would also moan about other country's slack attitude towards health and safety.

Do Cardiff fans have to leave really early so they can stop at random pubs en route and smash them up, or have they stopped doing that now?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bluebird1 said:

I wish I was a bonny lad but unfortunately I'm just an old fat *******. That aside I commend your vigour on distance travel to home games.

The bitter pill is that you and I know this game could, and should have been played. I'm not concerned about Derby's injury list and the fact they might be ready for the rearrangement. We've got injuries too! You've got enough to beat us and vice versa.

The real dissapointment is the fans who had to travel, from both sides, with no end product. Call it on Saturday evening, not 3 hours before KO.

Well if your photo's up to date then you're neither fat nor old. And you're probably not a ******* either.

I think we're probably all disappointed. It could well have been a good game, and under lights might yet be. And I am genuinely sorry that Cardiff fans have been messed around. There's too much (mostly TV related) messing around with the fixture list affecting teams mainly in the top 2 leagues, but not only them.

But I don't think the decision should have been made on Saturday night. The ground and pitch were probably ok and Derby had done a lot to make it safe on Pride Park, so the game itself could have been played. But the judgement was made that the risk was too high for those likely to attend. I was coming, and my wife wasn't happy about the risk I was taking as she saw it; you've seen others on here 10 miles from the ground unable to get out of their street; and further away it was worse.

But by waiting an extra 12/15 hours they were giving the match every chance to be on, not off as Colin claims. But the weather  forecast was against them as were the reports from towns and villages outside Derby and from where we draw a lot of our fans. If the situation had worsened and someone been killed then the world and his wife would have criticised the club for refusing to cancel the match because it was on TV. And I still think 830am was a reasonable time to make the decision hard though it was on those that had set off at 5am.

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

4 mins in and a bite.

Even @David would be proud of that asleep in a tent by a rancid  pond holding a tin in one hand and his rod in the other.

4 minutes you say? Sums up the moderation of this site, I take an hour off and you let the rabble down the road in 

7 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Don't like the man Zak. Don't like his attitude his foul language or his temperment. 

I wouldn't go to a derby game if he was our manager... just like I didn't when Pearson was our manager (luckily I didn't have to wait long!).

12 hours ago, Bluebird1 said:

Seems to be a lot of Warnock haters on here. Are you jealous by any chance?

Warnock has taken a team from 23rd in the Championship to promotion contenders, and possibly the Premiership, with next to no money. Come on guys give it a rest.

I have never liked him, nothing to do with his ability as a manager and certainly nothing to do with Cardiff. I just don’t like him as a person and never have 

Radio Derby giving a long interview with a Cardiff City fan this morning. He rambled for ages about how bad it was etc etc then right at the very end the reason for the whole whinge came out (after we want compensation,explanation etc) ‘they want the game played on 17th April which will negatively impact us’. That’s it. 

5 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Radio Derby giving a long interview with a Cardiff City fan this morning. He rambled for ages about how bad it was etc etc then right at the very end the reason for the whole whinge came out (after we want compensation,explanation etc) ‘they want the game played on 17th April which will negatively impact us’. That’s it. 

Thought he might start crying by the end of the interview - what a mardy *#!*#*** he was - afraid he confirmed all my prejudices about the Welsh...

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

Thought he might start crying by the end of the interview - what a mardy *#!*#*** he was - afraid he confirmed all my prejudices about the Welsh...

You can’t say that about another country.

They can say it about us, but we aren’t allowed to, come on, you know the rules.

tut tut.

16 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Glad it wasn’t just me. I have turned the radio off. As bad as Sky, giving Cardiff oxygen when there’s no balanced reply yet from Derby. They could have played us and been beaten, massive assumptions from them that they would win it, if they’d lost then he would still have been on moaning that it wasn’t called off! :angry:

20 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just watched the SSN interview with Colin. Understandably he's not amused by the decision. Said there's very little snow about when their coach came to the ground from their overnight stay in the surrounding countryside (Breadsall?). Says all the Derby fans on social media can't believe its called off, and mentioned Rowett saying about our injury crisis in the mid-week presser. #poorshow

St Georges park where they stopped in Burton / rangemore

6 minutes ago, Burtonram2066 said:

St Georges park where they stopped in Burton / rangemore

If they stayed at St George's Park and were told like we were at 8.30 that the game was off, why did they drive the team coach 15 miles in the wrong direction instead of heading south west towards home? 

So that Warnock can get his moment in the spotlight on the Pride Park pitch being interviewed on Sky. 

54 minutes ago, Boycie said:

You can’t say that about another country.

They can say it about us, but we aren’t allowed to, come on, you know the rules.

tut tut.

I base my prejudices purely on personal experience (having worked with a number of Welsh people over the years and visited their lovely country on a large number of occasions) - in particular I still haven't forgiven the Landlord in a North Wales pub who refused to serve us when we arrived (after a nightmare journey) just before last orders - "Sorry lads we're closed" he smiled as he then proceeded to serve several of the locals - 36 years later and it still grates - what a bar-steward he was.....

Sith Happens

I want to know how he got in the stadium...hes asked what Derby have said and he says no one is here...

If not how did he get in, or did he just admit breaking and entering...another charge to add to the sheet... :lol:

Sith Happens
Just now, Gaspode said:

I base my prejudices purely on personal experience (having worked with a number of Welsh people over the years and visited their lovely country on a large number of occasions) - in particular I still haven't forgiven the Landlord in a North Wales pub who refused to serve us when we arrived (after a nightmare journey) just before last orders - "Sorry lads we're closed" he smiled as he then proceeded to serve several of the locals - 36 years later and it still grates - what a bar-steward he was.....

Different discussion but thats not a welsh thing etc...is a landlord thinking he and his locals are more important than non regulars...still happens to some degree where a landlord give you the impression that hes the one doing you a favour by letting you drink in his pub.

Not as bad as used to be mind what with pubs struggling for income.

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Different discussion but thats not a welsh thing etc...is a landlord thinking he and his locals are more important than non regulars...still happens to some degree where a landlord give you the impression that hes the one doing you a favour by letting you drink in his pub.

Not as bad as used to be mind what with pubs struggling for income.

In those days, it was most certainly a Welsh thing in North Wales - you could also walk into shops where people were chatting to each other in English and as soon as they realised you weren't local, they'd switch to Welsh - always struck me as a strange attitude for people whose livelihoods depended on tourism....They also had the groups who'd campaign to remove any use of the English language - they'd go round and spray over the English words on bi-lingual roadsigns....

CARDIFF boss Neil Warnock accused injury-hit Derby of a ‘stitch-up’ after their game at Pride Park was postponed.

The Rams cited ‘heavy overnight snowfall’ for the 8.15am cancellation of yesterday’s midday kick-off.

‘It leaves a sour taste,’ said Warnock. ‘It’s scandalous. Even Derby fans think it’s an absolute stitch-up.’

The EFL said it was ‘satisfied’ with the decision but gave Cardiff the chance to respond. Derby have not commented.

WHO ARE THESE DERBY FANS 

Archived