Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

And to think we were only a weekend from having Warnock in charge..he’s a windup merchant of the highest degree and deep down will applaud today’s canny move

We seriously missed the boat not appointing him .

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

You're missing the point. It's not whether the game was called on or off, it's the way dcfc have communicated the message and the subsequent fallout/criticism. Which has been, in my opinion of course, non existent and poor. 

I think declining to comment is the best way. Pity Warnock didn’t behave in a similar way instead of opening his big mouth like the spoilt kid that he is. The EFL have explained, the procedure was adhered to. Why do all the fans think every time there’s a Twitter/forum meltdown the club have to make a statement? Social media was in meltdown with bored Derby fans and hacked off Cardiff fans, why would the club respond to that kind of playground mardiness? 

I love the internet with everyone with their reasoned opinions taking account of others' views. Flicking through Twitter has given me much amusement today.

Of course the club should have shipped in all players, stewards and staff needed for the match last night. They could have slept in the bar, had a few sing-songs to improve morale, and the match would have gone ahead for Sky at midday as planned which of course is the most important thing.

Not everyone lives on gritted main roads. Derby is a relatively small city. As far as I can see, in the top 2 divisions, only Barnsley, Norwich, Ipswich, Burnley and Burton are based in smaller urban areas, and we have higher average home attendances than all of them. Many Derby fans and support staff will travel from rural areas, that from photos and reports today were under considerable amounts of snow first thing this morning. I imagine it may have been easier to travel from Cardiff to Derby on main roads, than from the surrounding areas local to the stadium.

It may have been fine at Pride Park with all the gritting and clearing that had gone on, but often conditions vary markedly even between short distances. Where I live the town is 100 metres higher above sea level than the surrounding areas, and when it snows side roads are often impassable, but those in the lower areas get none of it.

18 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The day we appoint Colin is the day I stop watching Derby.

I can understand that but his promotion record speaks for itself ,his teams don't play pretty football but neither does Rowetts . Therefore Warnock the better option for my club ,if you only want people around  you like as opposed to doing a job for you then it's not great business .

To have both would be ideal but doesn't always happen that way.

Just now, King Kevin said:

I can understand that but his promotion record speaks for itself ,his teams don't play pretty football but neither does Rowetts . Therefore Warnock the better option for my club ,if you only want people around  you like as opposed to doing a job for you then it's not great business .

To have both would be ideal but doesn't always happen that way.

Fair enough Kevin. I just detest the man. Horrible piece of work.

warnock would have been sat in a hotel room last night fully aware of the weather situation.writing his script ,eager to arrive at the ground early to deliver it to the camera's.he's trying to manipulate the efl over the re arrangement of the game  to benefit cardif.we should at least get an official apology from the cretin and cardif

3 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

warnock would have been sat in a hotel room last night fully aware of the weather situation.writing his script ,eager to arrive at the ground early to deliver it to the camera's.he's trying to manipulate the efl over the re arrangement of the game  to benefit cardif.we should at least get an official apology from the cretin and cardif

Pity he wasn't in a holet room further north in the county. Scroll down this site for what the weather's like today in Derbyshire.

http://www.buxtonweather.co.uk/

Poor Colin. Hopefully they have injury problems for the replay while we're fully fit, lose, then miss out on automatics by 1 point and fail to get promoted and Colin cries on the last day blaming this very Sunday for ruining his season.

Erm, Sky Sports News have not come out of this in a good light either (in my opinion)

Surely they should not have screened Warnock’s rant without having something from us lined up ready to go in the interests of balance/fair play, but of course, that wouldn’t have suited eithers agenda. 

Cardiff City’s coach really should have left the team hotel to head directly to Cardiff but no, it was instructed to go to a ground where they knew full well no match would be taking place.

The only question for me, not that it really matters, is, did Sky ask Warnock to turn up, or did Warnock phone Sky ?

Archived