Derby Snow - Game called off

Day

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Can we put this to bed now?

The game was called off.

Warnock threw a tantrum, something which should surprise nobody given his track record

The Football League released a statement putting us in the clear.

Let the Cardiff fans and their rat faced knacker of a manager do the crying about it.

Ha, was about to write something similar with an added: 

Go read the Cardiff reactions and go and have a giggle, it’s hilairious 

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Ignore the muppet and move on? Let him have his little piss fit and get over it. The best response we can possibly provide is to get them back for the amended fixture and beat them.

It’s not funny at all it’s serious the roads around Derby were horrendous

11 minutes ago, curtains said:

the roads around Derby were horrendous

Which ones? On our journey in from the Dark Peak into Derby yesterday there was little to fret about. We walked from town out to the stadium for some lunch at the Yard and it was hardly Scott of the Antarctic stuff. Or perhaps we were just lucky?

11 minutes ago, IamDeathside said:

Which ones? On our journey in from the Dark Peak into Derby yesterday there was little to fret about. We walked from town out to the stadium for some lunch at the Yard and it was hardly Scott of the Antarctic stuff. Or perhaps we were just lucky?

Before 12 !

we are not talking Pride Park we are talking a 30 to 40 mile radius in Derbyshire as well. 

30 minutes ago, curtains said:

It’s not funny 

Why stoop to their level and expect apologies. The EFL agreed and we (and Greg Halford) knows the reality on how bad it was.

If you look around it’s not only us laughing at Warnock/Cardiff

16 minutes ago, IamDeathside said:

I am only 25 yards off the A6 in the "Dark Peak", but a few 100 yards on side roads to get to it. Bring your shovel now, you can help me clear the 7 inches of snow which is STILL lying here.

10 minutes ago, curtains said:

Before 12 !

we are not talking Pride Park we are talking a 30 to 40 mile radius in Derbyshire as well. 

Let it go mate.. He works for Cardiff City, they are in a great position, on a great run. Of course he is frustrated and now he has to play the game when he least wants to.. He wants what is best for his club, what's wrong with that? I would have expected any manager to get struck in like he has. Rowett might have if the boot was on the other foot.

Why do football fans take everything so personally? It seems abosutely taboo to critise DCFC? Why? Not saying we have done anything wrong but the fella is just looking after his club.. It makes no difference to me what he says or does.

Flip this around with some of Gary's comments after Forest. If Warnock would have said them, people would be up in arms on here.. No Gary said them about another club, he's a god. It's just football managers, nothing more, nothing less. He feels agrieved and from a CCFC point of view, he probably has a point. From a DCFC  point of view the game being off has been a plus. It should have blown over in a couple of hours but 60plus pages of hissy fits.. Really.

2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Let it go mate.. He works for Cardiff City, they are in a great position, on a great run. Of course he is frustrated and now he has to play the game when he least wants to.. He wants what is best for his club, what's wrong with that? I would have expected any manager to get struck in like he has. Rowett might have if the boot was on the other foot.

Why do football fans take everything so personally? It seems abosutely taboo to critise DCFC? Why? Not saying we have done anything wrong but the fella is just looking after his club.. It makes no difference to me what he says or does.

Flip this around with some of Gary's comments after Forest. If Warnock would have said them, people would be up in arms on here.. No Gary said them about another club, he's a god. It's just football managers, nothing more, nothing less. He feels agrieved and from a CCFC point of view, he probably has a point. From a DCFC  point of view the game being off has been a plus. It should have blown over in a couple of hours but 60plus pages of hissy fits.. Really.

So ‘hissy fits’ are only allowed if it’s you having them? You’re the standard angry man  

This is what forums are for, getting your thoughts out there. 

9 minutes ago, curtains said:

We set off from Hathersage about half 9am, popped up to Hope to collect another member of our party, and made into Derby for 11ish. All the main roads were fine, bit slushy in places and a bit of snow had blown across the road over Chatsworth. As tends to be that case, the hardest park of the journey was getting off our road. If you checked the road closures at that point it was the usual suspects, snake pass, Holme miss and some of the a515 between Buxton and Ashbourne that was shut etc etc.

We had to get into Derby as one of the lads was due to get the train back to London after the match from Derby station, so we just made an afternoon of it. There was heavy snow over night no doubt, and despite there being predicted ongoing snow throughout yesterday, we never saw any.

I don't doubt some fans may have had more difficult journey's and some would have had to apply some common sense to plan their trips. But our experience was in no way challenging, in terms of journey or getting around Derby. It was hardly snow'maggedon out there. 

The club has to make the decision regarding fan safety, and if I agree or not is small beer. I can see why Cardiff were aggrieved by it, and we were disappointed there was no match. But like the snow, it's hardly the end of the world.

Just now, Ewe Ram said:

So ‘hissy fits’ are only allowed if it’s you having them? You’re the standard angry man  

This is what forums are for, getting your thoughts out there. 

I don't have hissy fits yoof.. I only speak sense.. Ask anyone in my house.

4 minutes ago, IamDeathside said:

We set off from Hathersage about half 9am, popped up to Hope to collect another member of our party, and made into Derby for 11ish. All the main roads were fine, bit slushy in places and a bit of snow had blown across the road over Chatsworth. As tends to be that case, the hardest park of the journey was getting off our road. If you checked the road closures at that point it was the usual suspects, snake pass, Holme miss and some of the a515 between Buxton and Ashbourne that was shut etc etc.

We had to get into Derby as one of the lads was due to get the train back to London after the match from Derby station, so we just made an afternoon of it. There was heavy snow over night no doubt, and despite there being predicted ongoing snow throughout yesterday, we never saw any.

I don't doubt some fans may have had more difficult journey's and some would have had to apply some common sense to plan their trips. But our experience was in no way challenging, in terms of journey or getting around Derby. It was hardly snow'maggedon out there. 

The club has to make the decision regarding fan safety, and if I agree or not is small beer. I can see why Cardiff were aggrieved by it, and we were disappointed there was no match. But like the snow, it's hardly the end of the world.

Can I ask was your car in a garage over night 

23 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Really? Do you think it was called off because of the injuries?

I am saying the notion about areas around the ground being unsafe, didnt exist pre 2005.

Im saying we have got games on before, with more snow and ice. 2 weeks previous, when there was a lot more snow nationwide being a case in point.

If Wigan can get their game on which was an early kick off., and Leicester can too, which is so not far away, then it leaves a sour taste. Our injury situation has been well quoted recently, and this strange decision seemed conveniant.

11 minutes ago, IamDeathside said:

As someone who drives those roads regularly, if the game is on then that means more traffic on the road and more likely someone would cause an accident. A lot of roads also become near on single track and the snow drifts can be unexpected and lethal. It was bad enough driving through chatsworth yesterday if you don’t have a 4x4. The A roads they obviously prioritise for emergencies and they are major lorry routes from Sheffield/Chesterfield to Manchester. B roads don’t really get done because people aren’t expected to travel and those that do shouldn’t be doing more than 20mph really (it was still bad around fox house and grindleford still today but Calver onwards is gritted and fine) 

Its alright if you could get, but considering most villages/towns aside Matlock and Bakewell are not on A roads it does make it difficult...I didn’t fancy my chances anyway as many have also said around Sheffield/North Derbyshire

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Can I ask was your car in a garage over night

No, there were two cars that travelled both needed about 10 minutes worth of digging off the drive. But given where we are, that's pretty much business as usual for any snow we get. In fairness it was more lethal this morning with all the ice that has formed. 

Certainly compared to things a couple of weeks ago, yesterday was nowhere close. I can get that some folk are less keen to travel when the weather is bad, so everyone will have different views on the decision yesterday. I have to dig myself out to get to work enough, so I'll happily do that for a football match :D

I don't give a stuff that Colin's upset by it, in fact I'm glad. But I think fans of both sides would have been disappointed by the decision yesterday.

Archived