18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

I wonder if Barry Douglas could be available from Wolves if we're after a left back, not sure how much he would cost though?

They have already signed a young LB from Monaco, are about to sign another on loan from Celta Vigo and have also been linked with Zinchenko from Man City who can also play there.

Cost Wolves around £1m and he has 1 year left on his contract, although I believe they have an option for another year

Looks like he is available - Leeds apparently had a bid accepted. We need to do to Leeds what Villa did to us, go after another of their targets and get him in!

£3.5 rising to £5m - 14 assists last season, cracking player

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5989957/Leeds-launch-Barry-Douglas-agreement-reached-Wolves-left-week.html

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Looks like he is available - Leeds apparently had a bid accepted. We need to do to Leeds what Villa did to us, go after another of their targets and get him in!

Best left back in this league last year and another one for set pieces . Didn't think he'd be available could easily make the step up to the premier league.

2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Best left back in this league last year and another one for set pieces . Didn't think he'd be available could easily make the step up to the premier league.

They have signed 2 or 3 LB's so not going to get the chance, would love for us to go in for him. With him joining Marriott + Waghorn and our other signings I really would think we'd have a shot at automatic promotion

52 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

£3.5 rising to £5m - 14 assists last season, cracking player

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5989957/Leeds-launch-Barry-Douglas-agreement-reached-Wolves-left-week.html

I'd definitely prefer that over Waghorn! 

Douglas was the best LB in the league last season, I honestly don't get why Wolves are getting rid. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

I'd definitely prefer that over Waghorn! 

Douglas was the best LB in the league last season, I honestly don't get why Wolves are getting rid. 

If rumours are true then Leeds have had loads of bids accepted. Doesn't mean they will manage to complete a signing. 

Vydra, FloJo, Bartley... now Douglas. Leeds are relentless click bait fodder. I predict Leeds will fail to complete this signing and there will be a spectacular melt down at Elland Road. 

Genuinely believe Derby would suit the 'England' World Cup formation of 5-1-2-1-1

Carson

Bogle Wisdom Keogh Davies Lowe

Huddlestone

Mount Bryson

Wilson/Vydra/Lawrence

Marriott

Opinions? Don't know enough about Bogle but would say we would need another RB if we were to play this formation

6 minutes ago, Tomsmurph said:

Genuinely believe Derby would suit the 'England' World Cup formation of 5-1-2-1-1

Carson

Huddlestone

Mount Bryson

Wilson/Vydra/Lawrence

Marriott

Opinions? Don't know enough about Bogle but would say we would need another RB if we were to play this formation

No point playing an extra defender when we have so many attacking options

21 minutes ago, Tomsmurph said:

Carson

Huddlestone

Mount Bryson

Wilson/Vydra/Lawrence

Marriott

We're signing loads of attackers and no defenders - Would be a little odd if we then only played 2 attackers - The most obvious indication of formation is signing Wilson and FloJo who as far as I can tell are wide-men for a 3 man attack (also where Lawrence plays)

Also - We'd need more cover at CB for that formation to be long term

1 hour ago, Tomsmurph said:

Carson

Huddlestone

Mount Bryson

Wilson/Vydra/Lawrence

Marriott

We won't play with 3 CBs on a regular basis. Burke didn't join as he would be 3rd or 4th choice CB. That isn't an issue if you play with 3.

Carson

Huddlestone

Mount Bryson

Wilson/Vydra/Lawrence

Marriott

Don’t think it would work personally I reckon the ref would spot that we are playing 13 players and put a stop too it.

Carson

Huddlestone

Mount Bryson

Wilson/Vydra/Lawrence

Marriott

Take Bogle and Vydra out and I think that will be our 4-3-3.(4-3-2-1 if you want to be more accurate).

Any two from Waghorn, Lawrence and Marriott might be interchangeable. 

Archived