18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

16 hours ago, thederbyram said:

Injured until October/November earliest. Do we really need him?

Oddly he'd be the best fit of any of the strikers we had last season for the new Lampard System - Energetic, high pressing, likes to get in behind the defence, good with his feet, good passer, quick...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

If Leeds get Barry Douglas, Tom Pearce who we were allegedly linked with as part of the Vydra deal would become their 3rd choice LB, could be worth revisiting?

Would rather just scupper them again and get Douglas tbh

1 hour ago, Bad Sheep said:

That would be amusing but with Lowe and Bird performing well in the pre-season games is LB still a priority for us?

Only because I wouldn’t want to pin our hopes on Lowe with his fitness record. He has the ability for sure. Bird isn’t a LB I don’t think.

Douglas and Lowe battling for the number 1 spot would be ideal

1 hour ago, Bad Sheep said:

That would be amusing but with Lowe and Bird performing well in the pre-season games is LB still a priority for us?

Not trying to be picky here but Bird looked quite understandably a little out of his depth against Coventry. Not criticising him as he's only 16 but he's not someone to rely on this season I don't think.

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Yes

A fit lowe would be great for a while a fit Forsyth would eventually be needed because we will need his experience and height this season and we have Ollson possibly in the new year which is three decent left backs and many other clubs can only afford one senior and one junior in those positions 

8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Not trying to be picky here but Bird looked quite understandably a little out of his depth against Coventry. Not criticising him as he's only 16 but he's not someone to rely on this season I don't think.

He looked like what he is - a 16 year old central midfielder playing at left back.

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

A fit lowe would be great for a while a fit Forsyth would eventually be needed because we will need his experience and height this season and we have Ollson possibly in the new year which is three decent left backs and many other clubs can only afford one senior and one junior in those positions 

A fit Lowe is decent as backup, we need someone to come straight in as a starter & replace Forsyth. Dont think we will see Olsson play for the first team again, coming back from a major injury & out of contract, could see a mutual agreement to release him in Jan if he is close to being fit

10 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Didn't see the Coventry match but he played well when he came on for Lowe in the Southampton game. Only suggesting him as a backup option at this stage for the odd game. I guess a lot depends on Lowe staying fit.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So you'll expect Mount and Wilson to be first pick starters but not Lowe?

Yes because they have both proven themselves at this level or similar on a regular basis, Lowe has been injury prone and only played regularly at a lower level. Plus Mount & Wilson are on a different level to Lowe

2 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

It's not often you get the option to sign one of the league's best in their position, and Barry Douglas is just that. Exactly what we need.

We've tried to buy our way to the top, we're supposed to be about bringing youth through as well as buying. Lowe and Fozzie should be enough, they're both good LBs and Lowe could be very good - but if we don't play him we'll not know.

3 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

It's not often you get the option to sign one of the league's best in their position, and Barry Douglas is just that. Exactly what we need.

Is Douglas to Leeds done and dusted ? Or is there a chance it will be off with the imminent arrival of Vydra? (Wishful thinking!)

14 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

He is 30 I thought everybody didn’t want that kind of signing?

Archived