18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Hmm. Best hope Wisdom doesn't get a bad injury. 

Bogle promising.  Anya pants.

I think anya and bj are haunted by big fees (and blessed by too high wages). Derby offered the rate needed to get them both in when we should have shopped around and got someone cheaper.

Dont think either are pants but both try to be more than what’s made them a good option in the first place, solid dependable 7/10 players. They try to be game winners which they never really were.

Id be more than happy for anya and bogle to be back up to wisdom but similarly if we got a good offer for anya I’d snap their hand off because the money (particularly wages) could be utilised better

7 hours ago, Mr Giggles said:

Surely it is illegal to agree personal terms with a club if the 2 clubs haven't agreed a fee?

Occasionally if clubs are at closing stages of negotiations and timing is tight they allow that next stage to start before things are agreed. It’s the selling clubs choice to give permission when they wish.

Don’t think this rumour is correct mind and as everyone has pointed out.... agents whisper and have the ‘off the record’ conversations so the actual discussions are a formality at best sometimes. E.g Marriott as mcanthony made very clear

5 minutes ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Occasionally if clubs are at closing stages of negotiations and timing is tight they allow that next stage to start before things are agreed. It’s the selling clubs choice to give permission when they wish.

Don’t think this rumour is correct mind and as everyone has pointed out.... agents whisper and have the ‘off the record’ conversations so the actual discussions are a formality at best sometimes. E.g Marriott as mcanthony made very clear

Can imagine for players like butterfield theres an open door for clubs to tempt them to leave when they are surplus and probably more damage to the first team staying than going (not a dig at him more that being x choice no pro will enjoy it)

Can imagine it needs a fair bit of convincing to get them to walk away from big contracts on long lengths where they are entitled to big payoffs... the more the incoming team does the better

1 hour ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

I think anya and bj are haunted by big fees (and blessed by too high wages). Derby offered the rate needed to get them both in when we should have shopped around and got someone cheaper.

Dont think either are pants but both try to be more than what’s made them a good option in the first place, solid dependable 7/10 players. They try to be game winners which they never really were.

Id be more than happy for anya and bogle to be back up to wisdom but similarly if we got a good offer for anya I’d snap their hand off because the money (particularly wages) could be utilised better

If we got rid of them. Is money we don’t spend, a saving? 

1 hour ago, Waffle said:

If we got rid of them. Is money we don’t spend, a saving? 

Possibly... reality is even an offer at £0 that doesn’t involve a pay off is a good deal for some players at this point. But it would be an offer at this stage, there’s no rid of player who have a decent value of contract left.  

Wages differential between him and a lower wage replacement would justify a small but reasonable transfer fee if needed.

Would I say that’s a decent fee for anya? Personally there are a couple of players I’d clear out before him. Butters, Blackman, Id like to keep nugent and that means Martin and Jerome are on that list, Johnson, id love to see hudd or Thorne lock down the holding role ahead of Ledley but feels like FL has seen something in Ledley. Of those I would hope a decent DofF could get a fee for all but Blackman and butters... look at forest today selling McKay to Swansea. It’s possible, just never seems to happen for us recently!

Jake Kean, Andy Lonergan, Ross Turnbull.

Also there is Kuszcak and Stock dale who have both been frozen out at Birmingham. 

All of which I would rather be sitting on the bench than Roos or Mitchell. 

I think Mitchell is decent but needs a loan and run of games. 

Roos. I think he needs a perm move and a long run of games to be able to make it long term. He's 26 and has played less than 50 first team games. 4 of which are at Championship level. 

Not enough strength in depth for a long season.

Josh Brownhill, he would be a suitable long term replacement for Bryson as he has bundles of energy and is very good technically. His energy and non stop running caused both Man Utd and Man City many problems last year and he is versatile, having played in many positions. May not be a glamorous signing to the fans but he’d be a clever signing to fit the system. I’d rather spend the money on someone like him than Joe Bryan or Waghorn.

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Josh Brownhill, he would be a suitable long term replacement for Bryson as he has bundles of energy and is very good technically. His energy and non stop running caused both Man Utd and Man City many problems last year and he is versatile, having played in many positions. May not be a glamorous signing to the fans but he’d be a clever signing to fit the system. I’d rather spend the money on someone like him than Joe Bryan or Waghorn.

josh brownhill would be a quality signing IMO

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

josh brownhill would be a quality signing IMO

I certainly agree with that. Whenever I saw Bristol City play last season, he impressed me more than Bobby Reid, Aden Flint and Joe Bryan did.

Brownhill would slot in nicely alongside Ledley and Mount in midfield.

5 minutes ago, BottrillRAM said:

Danny Simpson from Leicester would be a good signing, don’t have too much depth at RB, with just Wisdom and then Bogle?, been playing with the U23s at Leicester so doubt he’s in Leicester’s plans

Can't see him dropping down a division to sit on our bench. Defensively not what we need

Archived