18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

Anya, Blackman, Johnson, Jerome, Butterfield, even Forsyth   et al - on the edge of our squad can disappear as far as I am concerned

saw a great display today   - and we don't need hangers on - move on.... don't think you are worthy of another contract

even GT needs to look over his shoulder

New era dawned today

front facing, pressing and energetic football  - young and lively

move on lads, we have

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnson only got a year left on his contract and there doesn't seem to be a new one bring offered anytime soon. He'll be on a lot of money. 30-35k a week at a guess. So even if for some strange reason we offered him a new deal I can't imagine us offering the same wages as he's on now. Coupled with the fact he's not that good and id be happy to see him go. 

Anya and Blackman. Absolutely no place in this squad for them at all. If they're are here when the transfer window shuts we'll basically be paying them a lot of money to sit in the stands. Because there's no chance they'd get in the matchday squad. Take what you can for these 2. Infact I wouldn't even reject the first bid for fear their wouldn't be another one. 

Jerome hasn't got a future here at all especially if we sign Marriott. You'd need to keep him or Nugent as back up though. But I'd keep Nugent in the system and style of play that Lampard plays. 

Butterfield same as Johnson. Just get rid if we can. 

We can't get rid of Forsyth if we aren't signing another left back. 

Bennett needs to go out on loan for me too. Being the 5th choice winger (Lawrence, Wilson, Jozefzoon, Thomas) are all ahead of him in the pecking order. A season of being in the squad and not being in the squad is no good for him. He needs to go somewhere and play a whole season for the first time in his career. 

Would also look to get rid of Hanson too. Giving him a new deal makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Works hard. But honestly. That lad won't be make it at this level. 

8 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Johnson only got a year left on his contract and there doesn't seem to be a new one bring offered anytime soon. He'll be on a lot of money. 30-35k a week at a guess. So even if for some strange reason we offered him a new deal I can't imagine us offering the same wages as he's on now. Coupled with the fact he's not that good and id be happy to see him go. 

Anya and Blackman. Absolutely no place in this squad for them at all. If they're are here when the transfer window shuts we'll basically be paying them a lot of money to sit in the stands. Because there's no chance they'd get in the matchday squad. Take what you can for these 2. Infact I wouldn't even reject the first bid for fear their wouldn't be another one. 

Jerome hasn't got a future here at all especially if we sign Marriott. You'd need to keep him or Nugent as back up though. But I'd keep Nugent in the system and style of play that Lampard plays. 

Bennett needs to go out on loan for me too. Being the 5th choice winger (Lawrence, Wilson, Jozefzoon, Thomas) are all ahead of him in the pecking order. A season of being in the squad and not being in the squad is no good for him. He needs to go somewhere and play a whole season for the first time in his career. 

Would also look to get rid of Hanson too. Giving him a new deal makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Works hard. But honestly. That lad won't be make it at this level. 

Spot on analysis 

Seems like Vernam will be out of the door to Grimsby Town this week on a permanent deal. Sensible move for both parties I'd say. 

Walker going on loan to Chesterfield. 

Hopefully we'll see 3 or 4 others go too. Ideally ones closer to the first team picture. 

Callum Guy and Elsnik are both noticeably absent from First team picture and U23's. Moves in the offing maybe? 

On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 23:40, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Bennett isn't a winger, he may have had appearances wide, but that's not his position. He is a striker

Archived