18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, thederbyram said:

He said they were being reasonable with the price, and that it wasn't anything like the reported valuations he'd seen in the press.

Seems to me it can't be THAT reasonable else F*rest would have bought him and others would have been competing with us - seems like Posh have priced themselves out of an auction?

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Seems to me it can't be THAT reasonable else F*rest would have bought him and others would have been competing with us - seems like Posh have priced themselves out of an auction?

Oh yeah, to be fair I was just quoting what he said...of course he'd say it's reasonable haha. But he did say it was less than the reported figures..

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Well that begs a question. Spill the beans!

He's kind of still my fave. If forced to change, of the current crop I think I'm torn between Carson and Keogh. Which doesn't say much about our squad. I took the sale of Hughesy very hard. ?

May switch affiliation to Vydra if it becomes clear he's staying and playing...

Well, Chris Martin has been my favourite for many seasons and I have already said goodbye to him several times so I am used to it! 

I am just musing who to choose next - I like Davies and Wisdom, oh and Lawrence and Carson and Fozzy and most of the under 23s. I just like to see anyone in a Derby shirt do well.

Strangely enough , I am not Vydra's biggest fan but that's more about fit than anything. If he stays, I hope that Frank can get him playing well in this new exciting brand of football. 

12 minutes ago, angieram said:

Well, Chris Martin has been my favourite for many seasons and I have already said goodbye to him several times so I am used to it! 

I am just musing who to choose next - I like Davies and Wisdom, oh and Lawrence and Carson and Fozzy and most of the under 23s. I just like to see anyone in a Derby shirt do well.

Strangely enough , I am not Vydra's biggest fan but that's more about fit than anything. If he stays, I hope that Frank can get him playing well in this new exciting brand of football. 

If you’re willing to have a year fling with a younger man, look no further than Harry Wilson. I have a sneaky feeling that he will be the one this year. With a number of players out of contract in the summer and more departures on the way, it’s a great time to be naughty with a loanee.

1 hour ago, David said:

If you’re willing to have a year fling with a younger man, look no further than Harry Wilson. I have a sneaky feeling that he will be the one this year. With a number of players out of contract in the summer and more departures on the way, it’s a great time to be naughty with a loanee.

Funny you should mention that. First half it was the flashy Mount that caught my eye but second I recognised that Wilson is a grower. 

this is only a suggestion - don't kill me down

What about selling Nuge, Jerome and Blackman - or at least 2 of them

Buying Jansen from Spurs as an investment (bit like the Fulham. - revitalising the Mitrovic as a player) they are looking to offload him - only 24

A combo of Jansen, Vydra, Bennett up top. - bloody dynamite!!!

3 minutes ago, irobinson said:

this is only a suggestion - don't kill me down

What about selling Nuge, Jerome and Blackman - or at least 2 of them

Buying Jansen from Spurs as an investment (bit like the Fulham. - revitalising the Mitrovic as a player) they are looking to offload him - only 24

A combo of Jansen, Vydra, Bennett up top. - bloody dynamite!!!

The same Jansen that Spurs paid £17m for?

31 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

The same Jansen that Spurs paid £17m for?

yes - obviously won't be recouping that - needs rebuilding in confidence etc 

Whats realistic he will go for?

ambitious but get the others off the wage bill

2 hours ago, irobinson said:

yes - obviously won't be recouping that - needs rebuilding in confidence etc 

Whats realistic he will go for?

Minimum £10m

He's still a dutch international with a goalscoring past - He's had a torrid time at Spurs but he's not going to be dropping from a Champions League side to the Championship

I know you mentioned Mitrovic but he wasn't being played by a lower mid-table Prem side - Not a team challenging (in theory) for the title...

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

Minimum £10m

He's still a dutch international with a goalscoring past - He's had a torrid time at Spurs but he's not going to be dropping from a Champions League side to the Championship

I know you mentioned Mitrovic but he wasn't being played by a lower mid-table Prem side - Not a team challenging (in theory) for the title...

Well I suppose I was shooting for the stars this morning (after all we do have Super Frank) and possibly weighting up a Marquee signing - but he has done naff all since arriving from Holland and is he near the Holland team? a team which didn't make the World Cup?

if for example sake. - you sold Butterfield, Nugent, Jerome and Martin - and raised just 5 mil (more/less)! you would shift some wages from DCFC and come to about the same price we are going to stump up for a 3rd division player from the Posh - only saying 

Wages saving will be the benefit and we get a strong target man to and/ or play with Vydra 

I bet most of us would like to see something radicle and exciting  - for the forthcoming season.

1 minute ago, irobinson said:

Well I suppose I was shooting for the stars this morning (after all we do have Super Frank) and possibly weighting up a Marquee signing - but he has done naff all since arriving from Holland and is he near the Holland team? a team which didn't make the World Cup?

if for example sake. - you sold Butterfield, Nugent, Jerome and Martin - and raised just 5 mil (more/less)! you would shift some wages from DCFC and come to about the same price we are going to stump up for a 3rd division player from the Posh - only saying 

Wages saving will be the benefit and we get a strong target man to and/ or play with Vydra 

I bet most of us would like to see something radicle and exciting  - for the forthcoming season.

or danny ings liverpool have said he can be sold, as well as Sheyi Ojo i would take both of them! 

3 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

or danny ings liverpool have said he can be sold, as well as Sheyi Ojo i would take both of them! 

Danny Ings is still coming back from a serious injury, few games here and there for Liverpool but I wouldn’t want to pin my number 9 hopes on him.

Long time since he completed a season, 14/15. 

7 minutes ago, irobinson said:

I mean yeh, it'd be nice to bring in someone exciting but it's unlikely to be an international from a top 4 PL club

What's more interesting for me is the idea of taking a punt on finding the new Wanchope - Need to get the scouts out to some obscure parts of the world and find a gem - Jansen will be on top-end PL wages and there's no way we're forking out £60k+ a week for anyone

12 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

well good to see that the idea has legs!! Not sure I would take a punt on Ings leg though.....sadly may turn out like Gorgeous George  - one injury to far

my mates down at Fulham didn't really rate Ojo - and once he got injured. - was only used as a sub.

I just noticed that Spurs were going to offload him.....and hey why not

9 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I mean yeh, it'd be nice to bring in someone exciting but it's unlikely to be an international from a top 4 PL club

What's more interesting for me is the idea of taking a punt on finding the new Wanchope - Need to get the scouts out to some obscure parts of the world and find a gem - Jansen will be on top-end PL wages and there's no way we're forking out £60k+ a week for anyone

agreed

not sure he would be on 60k wages - Erickson, Dier etc  - were only on that recently - and probably now got bumped up - I was thinking more 40k plus and yep he would be our best paid player but hey - whats the amount net off  - if we sold 4  - they must be on over 100k combined!! thats making me boil as I type.........

Archived