18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, jimbobram said:

Where have you heard this ?

Nowhere, that's why it's just a feeling ?

There is rationale behind it though.  I have to say that Stoke are in a flap, still 4/5 players short according to Rowett and there appears to be tension with the board.  They have no DM other than Darren Fletcher who's legs have gone and who seems seems less popular than Butterfield is on here.

On top of that, Stoke defence seems solid and Rowetts's bought some quick direct runners (Afobe, Etobe and Ince) while selling or side-lining creative players in their final third (Shaqiri and Bojan).  It's got Rowettball written all over it.

With that in mind, and knowing Rowett loves going back to his old clubs.  Who better than Hudd to launch the 50yd balls he needs for his system? And I'm not convinced by OB dimly remembering it's a groin strain that kept Tom out on Saturday.

To finish off, 3mil just because it's Stoke (self appointed richest club in the league), and we accept because we could get by without Tom.

Only downside is that I like Tom and it seems cruel making him go to Stoke.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Which no doubt started from this forum.

Well it might work, I believe that my persistant tweeting and suggestions on here for Marriott made the club go and get him. So i'll do the same again until the ginger nut signs ?

1 minute ago, thederbyram said:

Dont really know too much about him..what type of midfielder is he? Ledley, Bryson or Mount?

Looks a classy player every time hes played against us. Attack minded, can dictate play, very good passer. I lived brentford for a year a few seasons ago and went to watch them a few times. Looked brilliant every time i saw him. 

5 hours ago, jimbobram said:

Looks a classy player every time hes played against us. Attack minded, can dictate play, very good passer. I lived brentford for a year a few seasons ago and went to watch them a few times. Looked brilliant every time i saw him. 

He's more of a Kante type, busy in midfield and always wanting the ball. 

1 minute ago, Mr Giggles said:

Surely it is illegal to agree personal terms with a club if the 2 clubs haven't agreed a fee?

The Peterborough chairman has spoken about this quite a lot. He says it's supposed to be against the rules, but he knows for a fact that a lot of agents still speak to clubs and agree what sort of wages they'd want before the clubs try to agree a fee. It's a shame Vydra's agent and Leeds didn't do that so this whole mess could have been avoided weeks ago ?

15 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

The Peterborough chairman has spoken about this quite a lot. He says it's supposed to be against the rules, but he knows for a fact that a lot of agents still speak to clubs and agree what sort of wages they'd want before the clubs try to agree a fee. It's a shame Vydra's agent and Leeds didn't do that so this whole mess could have been avoided weeks ago ?

The same Leeds who are Italian owned who are now selling a very young midfielder to a Italian club for about £6million - not saying it’s suspicious or anything but they do have it done differently 

Archived