18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

He’s 28

I read that he was 30 or will be very soon - maybe he has a Cameroon ?? ancestry 

yep currently 28 nearly 29 = must all them years trying to get out of the Scottish league before going to Russia  before wolves took a punt on him 

22 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

This Douglas love came out of nowhere and hope it disappears as quickly.

It should be a hell of a player who I'd take to block Lowe's development.

Another player who was bang average until last season, when suddenly everyone has heard of him. We complain about our recruitment team having no fresh ideas, this would just increase that view.

Go and find a good left back who is one step away from household name, that’s the guy we want to sign 

2 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Another player who was bang average until last season, when suddenly everyone has heard of him. We complain about our recruitment team having no fresh ideas, this would just increase that view.

Go and find a good left back who is one step away from household name, that’s the guy we want to sign 

Max Lowe?

1 hour ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Think he wanted 60k a week from Leeds, seem to remember seeing that. 

Maybe he just didn’t want to go to Leeds, negotiating/engineering and ensuring that interest ended there. 

He does have a good goals to games return at this level (32 goals in 83 games) but also has serious injury record too unfortunately the 83 games are over 3 seasons. It’s a huge risk for whomever takes the gamble.  

37 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Maybe he just didn’t want to go to Leeds, negotiating/engineering and ensuring that interest ended there. 

He does have a good goals to games return at this level (32 goals in 83 games) but also has serious injury record too unfortunately the 83 games are over 3 seasons. It’s a huge risk for whomever takes the gamble.  

He's in Moscow at the minute, the rumours are that he's going to be earning close to 100 euros a week. It was by Leeds fans trying to come up with a reason why he wouldn't want to join their precious club, but yeah. 

3 hours ago, richinspain said:

Max Lowe?

Oh I agree. Max is ready made to become our starting left back. He just needs to prove his fitness over a long season. I hope Fozzy can return to some form too, back in a formation he is most comfortable.

My point was merely, if you’re going to sign a left back, don’t pay millions for a player whose had a good season and is at a premium, when you can go a find a player for a fraction of the price who could have a similar impact. There’s no telling whether Douglas will continue to be a top LB in a different team without the talents of Wolves team mates around him. He may look no better than what we have already

8 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

If he didn't want to go, surely that's something he would be in the position to decide? 

1 hour ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Bakary sako is currently a free agent worth trying to negotiate a deal ? Wouldn’t be a bad signing in a 4-3-3.

Apparently he still has a deal on the table from Palace so I suspect he's angling for either another Prem team, massive Championship wages or a move overseas. He was in Russia recently. Could have been at the world Cup or could have been sealing a move. Some big money out there. 

Really this will be his last big contract so I suspect he'll be looking for 3 years on big money. 

10 hours ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Bakary sako is currently a free agent worth trying to negotiate a deal ? Wouldn’t be a bad signing in a 4-3-3.

is sako not a winger don't we have  a few of those Wilson Thomas Lawrence anya etc so its hardly likely we will be bringing in another.?

Archived