18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Only thing that’s keeping me calm is the fact that our reported targets haven’t moved yet. Because when that starts to happen, panic stations kick in. First game on Saturday and the window shutting a month tomorrow. Ouch 

Why panic? We've a good squad but even so the loan window dowsn't shut until the end of August.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Am I the only on beginning to get slightly concerned? 

10 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Nope, I'm with you. Especially reading at how Lampard wants his team to play, we just simply don't have the players for it. Attack looking very weak as well. We probably need at least 5 players. Not that long to go. If Leeds pull out of the Vydra deal I don't know what we're going to do. 

I’m with you both. Really concerning. Had my fingers crossed that we’ve been busy behind the scenes, but those aren’t the noises I’m hearing ? 

37 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Am I the only on beginning to get slightly concerned? 

Nope, me too. It's not just the fact no one has signed yet, it's that near enough all the links to players are just half-hearted rumours without much substance. And I know Vydra was supposedly ill or injured, but he missed the whole training camp and his move doesn't appear any closer to happening than it did before the camp started

Oh and it didn't help that we had a fairly reputable member of the forum be told 4 people had already signed on loan for us and that's looking like it wasn't true. I know it's easy for people to say just ignore that speculation, but it does get your hopes up a bit

I’m with you all, ideally it’s best to get the players you want early. 

I hope I’m wrong but I can foresee a scenario similar to what Pearson faced where he was using the summer to assess the squad and before he knew it, it was too late and he panic bought Vydra and Anya.

Lampard needs to be ruthless, if he wants to play attacking football then we will struggle with this current squad as we don’t have the players to play that kind of football. 

55 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why panic? We've a good squad but even so the loan window dowsn't shut until the end of August.

I'm with you. I'm quite comfortable signing nobody until we can shift a few out.

WE HAVE A SENIOR SQUAD OF 29 WHICH HAS COST/IS COSTING US A FORTUNE  - SOME MORE OUTS MUST COME BEFORE INS!

It really isn't difficult to understand.

I don't think we need to panic just yet.  I would rather Frank takes his time rather than splashing the non existent cash on over valued average players which previously managers have done.

Just enjoy the world cup and worry afterwards

#infrankwetrust

You Panini sticker boys, banging on the window of the newsagents. It’s just a quick fix you are looking for.  

I am comforted by the fact that we are trying to offload first (by necessity or choice) and that Lampard has wanted to take away and see for himself what he has inherited. We are going to clearly play a different way this season, and a few existing players might suit that way better than they have proven to date (e.g. Butterfield, Anya, Blackman).

If, and it is a big if, he has some options with Chelsea better he determines first what gaps he needs to fill, than end up with a an expensively assembled, but half complete sticker album, with loads of player duplicates.

23 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Really wish folk would just chill and give Frank some time before jumping on his case. He's barely had a week with the lads so why are folk expecting signings before he's had a proper chance to evaluate the current squad? 

Exactly.  We all know we need to get rid of a few.

He will want to make his own mind up about who stays and who goes.

This season is about making 10% improvements to get us from play-offs to automatic promotion.

About six out and four in I reckon. 

10 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Exactly.  We all know we need to get rid of a few.

He will want to make his own mind up about who stays and who goes.

This season is about making 10% improvements to get us from play-offs to automatic promotion.

About six out and four in I reckon. 

Or not making the squad worse in the January transfer window when second in the league whilst everyone else improves theirs 

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

We need a fullback, a winger and a goalkeeper to compete for top six.

You know we finished in the top 6 last season yeah?

In 3 of the last 5 seasons in fact...

And "competed for top six" in 5 of the last 5 seasons...

Just checking.

6 hours ago, 86 points said:

Really wish folk would just chill and give Frank some time before jumping on his case. He's barely had a week with the lads so why are folk expecting signings before he's had a proper chance to evaluate the current squad? 

wow. Just wow. Someone talking sense.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

We need a fullback, a winger and a goalkeeper to compete for top six. We. Need a two year overhaul to win the Championship.

Backup RB and first choice LB (unless Fozzy plays a LOT better than last season) - And more than a single winger

But a goalkeeper? Really? Carson is great and I'd be loathe to spend money when we have Mitchell and Roos

Archived