18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

21:17

DERBY PLANS

Frank Lampard plans to be busy in the transfer market in the next few weeks. 

Derby are one of a dozen clubs to have made an enquiry about taking Liverpool winger Harry Wilson on loan next season, according to the Derby Telegraph. 

The paper also reports that the Rams are also reportedly one of a number of clubs keen on midfielder James Morrison, who is a free agent after his contract at West Bromwich Albion expired.

33 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Someone i wouldnt mind us going in for is John Swift, always impressed me when ive seen him play and obviously has the Chelsea link too. Probably too expensive though.

I also came across this article which is interesting....

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/810357/Frank-Lampard-Reading-Championship-play-off-John-Swift-Jaap-Stam-Premier-League

Remember him playing next to Will Hughes for England youth... Offered less than half what Will did, so is definitely worth getting in if possible!

48 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

This may sound outrageous and no idea where he's playing these days,but a footballing acquaintance of mine said we'd been offered Ravel Morrison.

There are Twitter rumours that Morrison was seen with Mel Morris, he is currently at Lazio so I can't see it being true.

Just a reminder ........

When we signed Blackman he was playing as a striker and one of the top goalscorers in the league.

We signed him and because Martin was 'irreplaceable' in the starting 11 he was either out wide or dropped to the bench.

He started the season again out wide when Pearson joined and we all know how that went (Vydra alone up top).

Sent out on loan to Tel-Aviv after not really consolidating a place - But was he given a chance?

Had a decent season out there and was coached by Cryuff - Played in Europa League i think?

Any player who is a Derby player needs support, With a full pre season with the team mates and new coaching staff behind him maybe we will see glimpses of what he showed at Reading. Only time will tell, But i trust Franks decisions nether the less...

5 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Just a reminder ........

When we signed Blackman he was playing as a striker and one of the top goalscorers in the league.

We signed him and because Martin was 'irreplaceable' in the starting 11 he was either out wide or dropped to the bench.

He started the season again out wide when Pearson joined and we all know how that went (Vydra alone up top).

Sent out on loan to Tel-Aviv after not really consolidating a place - But was he given a chance?

Had a decent season out there and was coached by Cryuff - Played in Europa League i think?

Any player who is a Derby player needs support, With a full pre season with the team mates and new coaching staff behind him maybe we will see glimpses of what he showed at Reading. Only time will tell, But i trust Franks decisions nether the less...

I think B4 might have an alternate theory regarding Blackman! ??

55 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

I don't think he was playing as a number 9 though - I think he was playing as a number 10 - The debate at the time about whether we were playing him in the wrong place was interesting because whoscored.com had most of his goals coming from playing on the RHS of a front 3 (they get their stats from OPTA) - But I think that was a mis-attribution based on him playing deeper and more central but not being a properly defined position

I think he was effectively playing kinda where Vydra played a lot of the time for us - Not quite in a front 2 and not quite in an attacking midfield 3

Archived