18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

1 hour ago, Edtheram said:

Just a reminder ........

When we signed Blackman he was playing as a striker and one of the top goalscorers in the league.

We signed him and because Martin was 'irreplaceable' in the starting 11 he was either out wide or dropped to the bench.

He started the season again out wide when Pearson joined and we all know how that went (Vydra alone up top).

Sent out on loan to Tel-Aviv after not really consolidating a place - But was he given a chance?

Had a decent season out there and was coached by Cryuff - Played in Europa League i think?

Any player who is a Derby player needs support, With a full pre season with the team mates and new coaching staff behind him maybe we will see glimpses of what he showed at Reading. Only time will tell, But i trust Franks decisions nether the less...

Yeah, the whole Blackman debacle typifies what we were about at that time. 

Sign a striker, stick him out wide. It never gave us a chance, it never gave Blackman a chance... We did exactly the same with Vydra, who only came into his own via a formation change - arguably at detriment to our performances & team. 

It depends on how Lampard wants to play, but based on what he's mentioned in the media where he's given an insight to his own career and ideology - I think we will have 3 CMs back in the system. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Yeah, the whole Blackman debacle typifies what we were about at that time. 

Sign a striker, stick him out wide. It never gave us a chance, it never gave Blackman a chance... We did exactly the same with Vydra, who only came into his own via a formation change - arguably at detriment to our performances & team. 

It depends on how Lampard wants to play, but based on what he's mentioned in the media where he's given an insight to his own career and ideology - I think we will have 3 CMs back in the system. 

At least 3 central midfielders 

14 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Sheff Utd have targeted Scott Hogan -still only 26 and likely to be available for under £5m. Would be a decent replacement if we sell Vydra.

Decent alternative to £6m Marriott if we miss out on him...

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 11:08, Edtheram said:

Just a reminder ........

When we signed Blackman he was playing as a striker and one of the top goalscorers in the league.

We signed him and because Martin was 'irreplaceable' in the starting 11 he was either out wide or dropped to the bench.

He started the season again out wide when Pearson joined and we all know how that went (Vydra alone up top).

Sent out on loan to Tel-Aviv after not really consolidating a place - But was he given a chance?

Had a decent season out there and was coached by Cryuff - Played in Europa League i think?

Any player who is a Derby player needs support, With a full pre season with the team mates and new coaching staff behind him maybe we will see glimpses of what he showed at Reading. Only time will tell, But i trust Franks decisions nether the less...

He wasn't playing as a a striker. He was playing the right hand side of a 3. The same  system that derby played. 

43 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I just want to point out that after Maguire won POTY at Sheffield United about 15 times in a row, I said we should sign him. 

Can someone forward my information on to Mel. Thanks. 

Thats what this thread is for.....name a couple of unknown gems now.

Personally i rate a serbian keeper called Rockov....great name anorl.

Not sure if we're allowed to sign foreign johnnies anymore though, what with brexit and our basic hatred of foreign people.

6 hours ago, RamNut said:

Thats what this thread is for.....name a couple of unknown gems now.

Personally i rate a serbian keeper called Rockov....great name anorl.

Not sure if we're allowed to sign foreign johnnies anymore though, what with brexit and our basic hatred of foreign people.

Why would we want to sign foreign players ?English players are the best football is coming home.?

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Am I the only on beginning to get slightly concerned? 

Nope, I'm with you. Especially reading at how Lampard wants his team to play, we just simply don't have the players for it. Attack looking very weak as well. We probably need at least 5 players. Not that long to go. If Leeds pull out of the Vydra deal I don't know what we're going to do. 

1 minute ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Nope, I'm with you. Especially reading at how Lampard wants his team to play, we just simply don't have the players for it. Attack looking very weak as well. We probably need at least 5 players. Not that long to go. If Leeds pull out of the Vydra deal I don't know what we're going to do. 

Only thing that’s keeping me calm is the fact that our reported targets haven’t moved yet. Because when that starts to happen, panic stations kick in. First game on Saturday and the window shutting a month tomorrow. Ouch 

Archived