18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I hope it happens. I’m sure we have a nice sell on fee! 

Gary Rowett, the kindest man in Derby's history, generously gives us 2 mil for his own service and a sell on fee for the very same player he sold for us!  

3 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I'm not sure I agree to be honest - I think he's a smash-and-grab midfielder who thrives on late runs into the box - Which he hasn't really been given the chance to do since Clement left

That said - I'm not sure I see a place for him unless someone puts a fire under him and gets his energy levels back - 1 game in 4 he's unplayable but seems to drift in and out for the other 3

The biggest problem with him going forward is his clumsiness on the ball. You can't really afford to play someone as unreliable in possession as Johnson if you plan on playing with a short passing possession orientated play style. It's a big part of the reason why teams figured out how to stop us under Clement. 

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I hope it happens. I’m sure we have a nice sell on fee! 

Don’t want to be a downer but usually sell on fees are for the % above the fee the selling club paid - now what we got is another story 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Don’t want to be a downer but usually sell on fees are for the % above the fee the selling club paid - now what we got is another story 

Depends. Some include % of profit and some is % of total fee. So it depends what was negotiated. 

Regardless, Huddersfield would definitely want a profit, he actually finished the season quite well and scored the goal that ensured their safety 

At the risk of sounding like I’m defending Rowett (I’m not) have we considered that he perhaps rated Ince but realised that for >10m he could sign all the geriatrics he wanted to bring in? 

In the same way that perhaps Lampard rates Vydra but would sell to finance his own transfers in.

13 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

At the risk of sounding like I’m defending Rowett (I’m not) have we considered that he perhaps rated Ince but realised that for >10m he could sign all the geriatrics he wanted to bring in? 

In the same way that perhaps Lampard rates Vydra but would sell to finance his own transfers in.

Boooooooooooo don't bring your logic here thanks - Just cos he MIGHT have thought it would be better to cash in and bring Lawrence in for less money and free up some funds for the wages of Huddlestone, Wisdom and Davies - All three of which improved the squad as a whole?

Nonsense...

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Boooooooooooo don't bring your logic here thanks - Just cos he MIGHT have thought it would be better to cash in and bring Lawrence in for less money and free up some funds for the wages of Huddlestone, Wisdom and Davies - All three of which improved the squad as a whole?

Nonsense...

He is still a snakey smarmy ****** regardless of transfers mind ?

4 hours ago, Topram said:

Have been told that a Championship club have had a bid accepted for #lcfc’s Leonardo Ulloa. Waiting on confirmation of the club’s identity.

be nice if it was us

No, no it wouldn't. IMHO obvs. ?

Archived