Derby County vs Fulham

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Anyone who has huddlestone , Thorne , Johnson and Ledley in midfield needs to be looked at , some of his decisions have been stupid but this takes the biscuit , every teamhas a box to box midfielder bar derby and I'm actually surprised derby are in the top 6 albeit I don't think they will finish there 

We have one he’s just on  Cardiff’s bench :( 

Oh yes...agree angieram. Fulham certainly had someone in Mitrovic to lead the line and pass the ball on upfront. But blow me, didn't we used to as well?

Didn't Chris Martin at least offer us an option, if nothing else with some muscularity and clever flicks that provided openings? He wasn't in the best of form this season (when he played) but still offered as much as either Nugent or Jerome (so far).

And where is our creativity? Hughes probably wanted to leave in the summer or was it the manager who didn't think he could do the job? How have we replaced him? Huddlestone who can spray a pass around...or Thorne who is a shadow so far of the player he was pre-injury.

Sorry GR...need to get your thinking cap on to sort this out now. The chickens are coming home to roost.

1 minute ago, irobinson said:

pity  - would have been a great start - id had a few!! and was cursing lino

I was pretty much in line and he was definitely offside. Shame. Nice move. The Andre  one was a good chance too.

i thought we weren’t awful today. They were better.  We lacked vitality in midfield and all of our wide players have been poor this season.. none of them are good enough.  (Lawrence may come good but I hope it’s the last season we have see Weimann)

Just a few thoughts on todays game on matters that maybe haven't been said before :

• There's no point getting overly worked up about the result today. Fulham were much better than us, plain and simple
  • The players we have are not good enough to get us promoted. Not their fault, not our fault, its just where we are.  
  • We are not going to expect to mount a serious promotion push with players like Cameron and Andreas as regulars in the team. Or with others like Forsyth, Nugent and Thorne playing so far below their potential. And even when playing at the top of our game it would be difficult to accommodate such unintelligent footballers as Lawrence and Johnson. All in all , we are miles away from mounting a serious challenge to go up. 
  • The team spirit that we seemed to have at the end of the calendar year appears to have deserted us. We don't play as a team who support and help each other. The body language of Matej, in particular,  borders on embarrassing right now. 
  • With hindsight, the club have had a truly dreadful January window. Partly unlucky, partly self-inflicted. To think that we have sent our top scorer on loan and have replaced him the way we have is excrutiatingly sad.The club have mucked up badly and should admit it.
  • So in my view it is quite understandable that fans are booing. They have been badly let down. They have seen this now for several years in a row. Promises have been made, posturing has taken place , and it has very quickly, repeatedly, ended in nought. 
  • The credibility of Gary is now being called into question. The early rhetoric, which sounded so good, has not been converted into action. Bizarrely, despite championing new, vigorous youth, we have gone the other way and have invested in ex-premier league, older players. Exactly the opposite of what was promised. And not one youth player has made it through to the first team. The tactics of sitting off, never leaving a single player upfield during an opposition free kick or corner, resulting in continued pressure even when the ball is cleared, have played straight into the hands of our rivals. And we sign a player on loan, he scores two in two and lights up the team, then next game he is on the bench. It beggars belief. 
  • And off the field, for the second home game in a row, the club and police have got it wrong, with disturbances on Derwent Parade towards Wyvern Way.  Against Leeds the other week this could have resulted in some very serious situations.
  • And it must be recorded that the new arrangements for crossing over the A52 opposite Toys R Us are an absolute time bomb waiting to go off. The idea that it is somehow safe to corral hundreds and hundreds of fans into a narrow, high fenced area with no way out on either side,  is bordering on sheer neglect and dereliction of duty, almost waiting for a shocking disaster to happen. That disaster very nearly materialised the other night after the Leeds game. If that situation had turned into the serious public order breakdown that it could so very easily have done , then we might very well be talking about the modern day Hillsborough equivalent, there on Pride Park. I urge the authorities to act on this matter. 

All in all a pretty sorry situation at Derby, once again.

Still, we fans will still be there in the future, supporting our club through thick and thin.

Well after Mel, Gary, et al have been and gone. 

Thank you Channel 5. There highlights of our match against Fulham made us look better than we were and that we may have deserved something of the game. That it didn't show how inept we were at times to the nation was a bonus.

Thought Huddlestone was brilliant today, he has been good recently after a sticky start. 

Mitrovic showed how a centre forward can bring a midfield into play and occupy 2 centre halfs. 

People need to get off Forsyths back, he is a confidence player and slagging him off doesn't help. Our right back had a worse game but seems immune to criticism. 

Jerome has a part to play, but he isnt going to score the goals we need. Cant we try Nugent and him together? 

As a board member of the happy clappy club even I have to concede it wasn't quite the day out my I and fellow board members planned

We didn't play that badly, some silly mistakes, chances not taken, a fussy referee, a rather negative team selection contributed to a a pretty miserable day but you can't take anything away from Fulham. They were the better side for longer in the game than we were.

Observations:

1) Fulham played fast mobile football. Had a level of touch that was way more reliable than ours.

2) Jerome isn't polished but didn't get any service to speak of

3) Palmer is special and needs to play ... Anywhere will do ! 

4) despite a crazy miss and a wild shot Lawrence had a reasonable game

5) Fulham had a lot of time wasting, diving SOB's in their side which is a pity because they are good enough as footballers not to need to do it.

6) Keogh switched off at least twice .. What has happened to Captain Fantastic ? 

7) not sure Vydra is 100% fit

8) George Thorne is no where near 100% fit and is too fearful at the moment. 

9) I would have brought Nuge on for Jerome because sometimes guile beats power

Feeling a bit low ... This will last until at least Wednesday when normal service will be resumed. Come you Rams .. Still 30 odd points to win. 

2 minutes ago, jono said:

As a board member of the happy clappy club even I have to concede it wasn't quite the day out my I and fellow board members planned

We didn't play that badly, some silly mistakes, chances not taken, a fussy referee, a rather negative team selection contributed to a a pretty miserable day but you can't take anything away from Fulham. They were the better side for longer in the game than we were.

Observations:

1) Fulham played fast mobile football. Had a level of touch that was way more reliable than ours.

2) Jerome isn't polished but didn't get any service to speak of

3) Palmer is special and needs to play ... Anywhere will do ! 

4) despite a crazy miss and a wild shot Lawrence had a reasonable game

5) Fulham had a lot of time wasting, diving SOB's in their side which is a pity because they are good enough as footballers not to need to do it.

6) Keogh switched off at least twice .. What has happened to Captain Fantastic ? 

7) not sure Vydra is 100% fit

8) George Thorne is no where near 100% fit and is too fearful at the moment. 

9) I would have brought Nuge on for Jerome because sometimes guile beats power

Feeling a bit low ... This will last until at least Wednesday when normal service will be resumed. Come you Rams .. Still 30 odd points to win. 

Hopefully you'll (we'll) feel better by 10pm Tuesday night Jono

Bloody hell,the second awful home Derby game in two weeks I've witnessed first hand.

Now unlike some I'm not going to blame the players at all....they all try their hardest and you can see the pain in their faces when they come up short....Vydra and Lawrence are the epitome of this.

But....rowetts tactics are simply dreadful and one dimensional.We played the entire match today doing the same thing over and over again with no success but nothing changed....

The forwards today,after a promising initial fifteen minutes,looked like a  group of footballers who had never met before and had been invited to play a charity match with no instructions whatsoever....I really couldn't see what we were trying to achieve and how we planned to do it.

Our midfield looked confused about their roles and I could cry watching how constrained thornes looked....this is a superb footballer absolutely lost in the dull,long pass world of rowettball.

Palmer was a breath of fresh air when he came on,pacey,quick acting and blessed with the ability to deal with a ball with a single touch.My worry is just how long rowett will take to knock this out if him as with the rest of our(flair)players.

I've been criticized lately for my negatively in respect of rowett but on reflection it's with good reason...we are awful at the moment and the squad looks in disarray.

GR needs to find a way out of this and double quick before the teams confidence reaches a critical point and/or Mel pulls the trigger...which he surely will if results dont improve.......Mel's only the nice guy if things are going our way.

On the positives, the three substitutions were good. When Palmer came on for Thorne it seemed as though we only had one midfielder on the pitch, having been totally outnumbered with two, but Palmer slotted in fabulously there and Fulham were terrified of him running at them. I didn't see what they or he did for him to stop doing that, which was a huge shame.

Anya for Wisdom was a good and interesting move, keeping all our attacking option on the pitch but still changing it in an attacking way.

I wanted Nugent on earlier but when Hudds was clattered (and the idiot ref gave a foul against him!) it was good to have Bradley avvailable to come on. If only to be contantly fouled but for the ref to keep giving them the other way. Grrr.

Fulham began timewasting in the 10th minute and were never penalized for it. For both goals they called the entire team over from deep inside their half so they could celebrate together in front of the away fans. In each case we were lined up for a couple of minutes waiting to kick off. Really the ref should have let us kick off while Fulham were down at the other end of the pitch wasting time. I would love to see a ref brave enough to do that. It was never going to be Lee Mason.

I wish we would be innovative, creative and clever with set pieces. Their first goal was an unusual corner played back towards the halfway line and simply hoofed immediatedly into the box from a central position with all the defenders still in there. Fozzy panicked and a goal resulted. It should have been easily defended, but because it was new and different we didn't deal with it.

Their second, Keogh should have cleared and didn't. Against Wednesday, Olsson went in for a tackle and wasn't strong enough and the opposition scored. It's catching. So often today we were weak in the tackle. Sort it out, lads!

When we put Fulham under pressure (didn't happen often) they looked very fragile. But the game showed we miss Johnny Russell for his defensive contribution and verve. Weimann was a combination of good and frustrating bad, but I loved his effort throughout.

We lack composure around the opponent's box and I feel Nugent would help with this. For instance, I felt it a rush of blood to the head when Wisdom shot on his left foot instead of a simple ball to Vydra to give the league's top scorer a simple chance. Tom Lawrence panicked when he was through with the keeper out of his goal. Our clinical finishing has deserted us and Nugent could bring it back. Palmer needs to come into the team too for his energy and skill. He could yet have a very big part to play in the run-in.

It's miserable tonight, but we can go up through the glorious playoffs and have an incredible end of season finale. Let's make it happen.

59 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Bloody hell,the second awful home Derby game in two weeks I've witnessed first hand.

Now unlike some I'm not going to blame the players at all....they all try their hardest and you can see the pain in their faces when they come up short....Vydra and Lawrence are the epitome of this.

But....rowetts tactics are simply dreadful and one dimensional.We played the entire match today doing the same thing over and over again with no success but nothing changed....

The forwards today,after a promising initial fifteen minutes,looked like a  group of footballers who had never met before and had been invited to play a charity match with no instructions whatsoever....I really couldn't see what we were trying to achieve and how we planned to do it.

Our midfield looked confused about their roles and I could cry watching how constrained thornes looked....this is a superb footballer absolutely lost in the dull,long pass world of rowettball.

Palmer was a breath of fresh air when he came on,pacey,quick acting and blessed with the ability to deal with a ball with a single touch.My worry is just how long rowett will take to knock this out if him as with the rest of our(flair)players.

I've been criticized lately for my negatively in respect of rowett but on reflection it's with good reason...we are awful at the moment and the squad looks in disarray.

GR needs to find a way out of this and double quick before the teams confidence reaches a critical point and/or Mel pulls the trigger...which he surely will if results dont improve.......Mel's only the nice guy if things are going our way.

Jesus wept mate, did Rowett kill your kid or something?!

Derby County long balls-55

Fulham long balls- 71

Hows that for “rowettball”

We didn’t lose today because Rowett is the devil incarnate and can’t handle flair players, we lost because Forsyth ******* up for the first goal and Keogh ******* up for the second and we just couldn’t find the final ball. The squad isn’t in ‘Dissaray’ were just making too many indivual errors, throughout the game we played well as an attacking unit, you just shoot your self in the foot shipping two early goals so fulham can lob everyone in their box. I could see exactly what we were trying to do, press them high, nick the ball and play fast paced on the counter, get crosses in and get behind them, exactly what teams did to us under Mac. Rowett had it right, it all gets throw out the window when they score early doors and can set up shop.

Palmer looks better because he’s being allowed a free role, Rowett ain’t gonna take that away from him. Thornes role was to stop cairney which is fair enough but sadly he failed. Nevertheless in attack he was set out to drive on and did a decent job passing the ball out. Don’t know if you noticed the move Rowett made at the start of the game by starting Lawrence on the right, but that certainly helped his ‘flair’ given he doesn’t have a complete ***** behind him who can’t pass for toffee. He then switched that to allow Weimann to come in, put Palmer on to drive from deep and put anya on for more threat down the right. So no, we didn’t try the same thing all game.

Fed up of the ******** around about Rowett from those still not over mac and Martin going. There’s fair criticisms to be aimed at Rowett and he certainly has to work with the defence to stop these errors and get a grip on some of our possession play, but cheap shots at his style of play and lack of ideas and frankly ridiculous. I’m as pissed off as the next man, but some need to take their Mac glasses off and watch the game, we really weren’t that bad today. 

Archived