Derby County vs Fulham

Bwash_Ram

My summary now I've calmed down:

1. Ref was weak - just pathetic. Got conned lots and had no control over the game. Clearly intimidated by the players

2. They're a good side - plenty of flair but well organised. Again, we were unlucky in that their chances were very well finished - particularly the second

3. They've got some cocky gits in the side - didn't like their cynical time wasting - shows a lack of class

4. We still haven't got up and running this year - just no fluidity but we weren't poor. We were over-ran in midfield most of the time

5. The boo'ing is embarrassing and some of the 'motivational yorping' in the East Stand makes my skin crawl - we have a solid quota of tw@ts in our fan base. I blame the schools. And inter-bred folk from Ilkeston making it into our, already worryingly small, gene pool.

6. The guy that called RD suggesting the Mel had told the players to lose so he didn't have to give the free season tickets - W. T. F. How do these people get through the day? If breathing wasn't instinctive, surely these types of people would just expire due to sheer stupidity. See point 5.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody know whether our first 'goal' was actually offside.  I watched ramstv but of course we are not allowed to see those sort of things.  Quite a few games coming up on sky so at least there will be a chance to see what has happened

Booing is a nonsense.  Always has been, always will be.  Helps nobody.  If anybody thinks the players and staff didn't know the performance on Saturday (particularly first half) wasn't anywhere near good enough then they are mad.  Having said that, booing doesn't lose you matches (although some pros might argue a positive crowd might facilitate a win or two).  What lost us the game on Saturday, was Fulham being better than us, having two holding midfielders being overrun and - in the main - being too deep, having too big a gap between midfield and strikers (has a midfielder got beyond a striker all season?), being too willing to concede possession in order to demosntrate our now legendry 'solid' defence and shape, not getting close enough to their players, not tackling enough or hard enough (took far too long to put Cairney on the floor) and not being able to hold the ball when we had it.  I'm sure there are other reasons too, but as stupid as I find booing, it probably had very little effect.

1 hour ago, RaichCarter said:

My summary now I've calmed down: Really? 

1. Ref was weak - just pathetic. Got conned lots and had no control over the game. Clearly intimidated by the players Nothing new there.. We are good at intimidating the ref.

2. They're a good side - plenty of flair but well organised. Again, we were unlucky in that their chances were very well finished - particularly the second Agreed, a real force and hitting form when it matters.

3. They've got some cocky gits in the side - didn't like their cynical time wasting - shows a lack of class We are just as guilty of that when the time comes and our fans love it when we do it. 1-0 up on Sunday with 15 to go, we will be wasting every second we can. Can't really complain when it's done to us.

4. We still haven't got up and running this year - just no fluidity but we weren't poor. We were over-ran in midfield most of the time Agreed, we've punched above our weight all season. League position has papered over a lot of cracks. 

5. The boo'ing is embarrassing and some of the 'motivational yorping' in the East Stand makes my skin crawl - we have a solid quota of tw@ts in our fan base. I blame the schools. And inter-bred folk from Ilkeston making it into our, already worryingly small, gene pool. Can't comment on Ilkeston folk but agreed booing during the game solves nowt.. I boo plenty in the car on the way home though. Passes the time on the bloody M1.. Or am I just booing loads of cones. :thumbsup: I do get peoples frustrations though, same old mistakes are frustrating. 

6. The guy that called RD suggesting the Mel had told the players to lose so he didn't have to give the free season tickets - W. T. F. How do these people get through the day? If breathing wasn't instinctive, surely these types of people would just expire due to sheer stupidity. See point 5. Let's be fair.. If you were on the switchboard at RD and that muppet came on, you would get him live on air as soon as possible. I am no Mel fan but that was hilarious.

Thought you had calmed down :D

@Angry Ram I go in cycles - I was quite calm at the game, mardy on the way home (it was fkn cold too) and then went in a strop randomly whilst watching TV in the evening and decided against embarrassing myself on here by losing my **** about how annoying it all was (although, I'm not slating all and sundry like some wrist slashers on here). So yeah, it was calm - relatively speaking! :D

Why aren't you a Mel fan? Sorry if it's been done to death but I don't see how we can be unhappy with the guy. What's the name of that lot that nearly took us over but went to Coventry? ISIS? USLS? ISUSUSUSUS - fek knows but look at them now... Close call, that.

PS I mostly agree with your counter points - stop being so bloody logical and fair will ya! ;)

1 hour ago, RaichCarter said:

@Angry Ram I go in cycles - I was quite calm at the game, mardy on the way home (it was fkn cold too) and then went in a strop randomly whilst watching TV in the evening and decided against embarrassing myself on here by losing my **** about how annoying it all was (although, I'm not slating all and sundry like some wrist slashers on here). So yeah, it was calm - relatively speaking! :D

Why aren't you a Mel fan? Sorry if it's been done to death but I don't see how we can be unhappy with the guy. What's the name of that lot that nearly took us over but went to Coventry? ISIS? USLS? ISUSUSUSUS - fek knows but look at them now... Close call, that.

PS I mostly agree with your counter points - stop being so bloody logical and fair will ya! ;)

Are we related? Haha. I have been known to go into the odd strop :thumbsup:

The Mel thing is more historical really. IMO he fooked up his new toy and made some horredious decisions. I hated the sound bites, the smug comments and just about everything about him. The clamour and blind faith in him being a local and a Derby fan, I just did not get. That was not his fault but it seemed to most on here, if you are born 10 mins from PP, you are a super chairman and never a bad decision will be made. 

To be fair to the lad :D, he has taken some steps forward.. Rowett still has a lot to prove but we seem to have passed the gun tooting sheriff stage now. He's stopped treating it like a toy and is now running it properly (a mistake that has cost him finacially and credibility wise). There are still things I don't like but Rome was not built in a day. :lol:

In fact I had laid off uncle bumble for quite awhile.. There you go, you have got me at it again :angry: It's like being an addict, you've opened the door and I have been weak. Watch out Mel, ANGRY is back.

My thoughts:

Fulham are a good Championship side.

I actually thought it was one of our better performances this season overall, but as before we were clinical with a 2-3 attempts throughout the match and solid in keeping the 6-7 opponent attempts out, we are now the opposite in both directions. 

We had more shots against Fulham than we did in any of our 3-0+ wins. 

I spent the season feeling like we have had more than our fair share of luck, now I feel the opposite. 

13 hours ago, RaichCarter said:

6. The guy that called RD suggesting the Mel had told the players to lose so he didn't have to give the free season tickets - W. T. F. How do these people get through the day? If breathing wasn't instinctive, surely these types of people would just expire due to sheer stupidity. See point 5.

There was another guy talking about us now aiming to get enough points to avoid relegation. It makes you wonder how they manage to operate a phone to call in altogether.

Archived