Derby County vs Fulham

Bwash_Ram

6 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Not going to make a difference to the performance on the pitch, by half time we were already 2 nil down. The blaming the fans for our poor results is laughable, they pay their money they are entitled to their opinion.

One day you might get it.........everyone is entitled to their opinion, but within the ground, booing is not going to help any player trying to come back from 2-0 down. I take it we scored 1 goal when the crowd was not booing, and a strong supportive crowd can help players push on. Try running a marathon, and when you hit the wall and your body is aching and is on empty, the positive noise of people shouting, encouraging and pushing you on, well it just might get you over that finishing line, when you still have, 5, 10, 15, 20 miles still to run.

I noticed Leicester City who beat us in a play off final and who gained promotion from this league with a supportive crowd, who fought off relegation with a supportive crowd, who won the premiership with a supportive crowd, who again slipped down near the bottom with a supportive crowd, scored a late equaliser by pushing and pushing and trying again with a supportive crowd. So what?people making a noise with paper clacker things (oh no, not at Derby, some fans will say, we are too cool far that kind of thing?) , and always believing in their team no matter what, is a laughable thing?

If we don't all help one another, we will not achieve all the small margins, that can all add up to the large margins that can make all the difference.

And please don't reply with the easiest response you can make, informing me to go support Leicester City, coz I hate them and love Derby County Football Club.

But if Leicester City can do it.........so can Derby County Football Club, but to do it, we all need to be ONSIDE not offside.

D.C.F.C. Love, Life & Unity

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

One day you might get it.........everyone is entitled to their opinion, but within the ground, booing is not going to help any player trying to come back from 2-0 down. I take it we scored 1 goal when the crowd was not booing, and a strong supportive crowd can help players push on. Try running a marathon, and when you hit the wall and your body is aching and is on empty, the positive noise of people shouting, encouraging and pushing you on, well it just might get you over that finishing line, when you still have, 5, 10, 15, 20 miles still to run.

I noticed Leicester City who beat us in a play off final and who gained promotion from this league with a supportive crowd, who fought off relegation with a supportive crowd, who won the premiership with a supportive crowd, who again slipped down near the bottom with a supportive crowd, scored a late equaliser by pushing and pushing and trying again with a supportive crowd. So what?people making a noise with paper clacker things (oh no, not at Derby, some fans will say, we are too cool far that kind of thing?) , and always believing in their team no matter what, is a laughable thing?

If we don't all help one another, we will not achieve all the small margins, that can all add up to the large margins that can make all the difference.

And please don't reply with the easiest response you can make, informing me to go support Leicester City, coz I hate them and love Derby County Football Club.

But if Leicester City can do it.........so can Derby County Football Club, but to do it, we all need to be ONSIDE not offside.

This supportive crowd you mean?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-boss-understands-frustration-943181.amp

7 hours ago, Gritters said:

I don't get it. We weren't that bad yesterday. We created good clear chances. We just aren't putting them away. I look back and think as the game went on the stronger we got. I think we have turned a corner. We'll see on Tuesday night.

Well said mate. .. (My happy clappy gene is already regenerating) ok Fulham moved the ball well .. They had 3 or  4 seriously skilled players but we created chances and on 3 occasions cut them wide open without scoring. On another day that could have been a very different result. Just imagine if Andy had held back for 1/2 a second...... 2 silly mistakes induced panic and nervousness not helped by a few boo boys either.  ( and Fozzies error was more bad luck than a mistake ) 

we aren't perfect, there are holes both strategic and personnel wise but that applies to all our opponents. Do it right, get a dose of luck and this team can beat anyone in this league, wolves included. So let's get behind them and stop being cookcoo's in the nest ( I could never spell that :blink: ) 

but can Palmer start please, he might just be the link we need .. Could it work .. HUdds and Palmer in midfield ? Unconventional and not his closed position but his skill on the ball and forward thinking suggest there is something that could be used, if not every week at least as an option. 

6 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Must admit I didn’t hear any booing for Johnson, maybe a select section or my hearing is going - not sure if anyone else heard it ? Where do you sit?

Just to chip in, I sit in the North East and while I wouldn't go so far as to say I heard booing, there was an audible collective groan... 

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

Kind of new when I was typing the post, you would find a negative in their supportive crowd......instead of opting to search for many of the positive ones and well done to their own local newspaper to cash in on it. Negativity breeds negativity, and at least the word "some" in their report suggests it was "some", I suppose focusing on the majority of the crowd not booing, might not have sold as many newspapers, the need and greed to make cheap money by dragging it's own club through the gutter, for a few quid, nice!

Carry on regardless, promoting the booing, and as you have already typed, people have paid their money, so they are entitled to their own opinion, because money is the factor, is it?

3 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Kind of new when I was typing the post, you would find a negative in their supportive crowd......instead of opting to search for many of the positive ones and well done to their own local newspaper to cash in on it. Negativity breeds negativity, and at least the word "some" in their report suggests it was "some", I suppose focussing on the majority of the crowd not booing, might not have sold as many newspapers, the need and greed to make cheap money by dragging it's own club through the gutter, for a few quid, nice!

Carry on regardless, promoting it the booing, and as you have already typed, people have paid their money so they are entitled to their own opinion, because money is the factor, is it?

I’d love to have a clue what you are going on about however I’m going to have to admit defeat.  You quoted the foxes as having this mega support, I merely pointed out that they have as every club does a section of support that can boo as loud as any.

oh and given you brought up yesterday’s match maybe you might want to read the second post 

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/115123-bournemouth-post-match-1-1/?page=13

They were booing at half time ???

1 hour ago, Inglorius said:

Having Mahrez, Schmeichel, Kante, Vardy, Morgan, Drinkwater also had a little to do with it

Just humans, like the rest of us. Nothing stopping Derby having any of those players or producing or buying any of those players or type of players in the future. Or again is it all just down to money, is that what football means to people and is that only what football is about. You can only buy success? not create it, you can boo and slag your own team off because you have paid your money, has football really become this sad?.......sad game for sad people?........and here's me still thinking it's a beautiful game!

"And their putting up the flags in Derby......and every Derby fan is waving their hats in the air"......

God Save The Queen....and Derby County Football Club.

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

I’d love to have a clue what you are going on about however I’m going to have to admit defeat.  You quoted the foxes as having this mega support, I merely pointed out that they have as every club does a section of support that can boo as loud as any.

oh and given you brought up yesterday’s match maybe you might want to read the second post 

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/115123-bournemouth-post-match-1-1/?page=13

They were booing at half time ???

I'm not after defeating any fellow Derby fans. I didn't quote foxes having a mega support, just stated "supportive crowd", as I was highlighting the positive aspects, whilst your highlighting the negative aspects, those that choose to boo etc. Free choice for everyone, but I know I will always opt to take the positive option by getting behind Derby County Football Club and not against it.

Thanks for your posts.

D.C.F.C Love, Life & Unity

Everything I love is D.C.F.C

3 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Were you actually there yesterday - cos the reaction from the Derby fans  to the first goal was excellent - lots of chanting clapping and getting behind the team ?

On the subject of supporters, I was really surprised at the Fulham fans yesterday. They brought more than they usually do (rough guess at 2000), but they didnt break into song very often and, generally, were quite quiet. Not very impressive at all.

As for the booing, I didnt notice any in the west stand. Just noticed the loud boos around the ground at half time and a few boos on the final whistle. I thought our fans were quite audible and supportive yesterday. Then again, I had had a few!

I agree with Inverurie Ram. Booing doesnt help matters, it can bring the team down, make them nervous, apprehensive and reluctant to try anything different.

Time for another Rhubarb wine!!

3 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

All good points, apart from Leicester fans. They even make our fans look good. They did beat us in the play offs. But the next year when we went up and they went down. We had over 10,000 more watching us than them per match after that Wembley debacle. However crap we are, around 23,000 turn up at Derby. Leicester however have around 17,000 who turn up regardless. Our hardcore fan base is amazing in terms of numbers. Pity we’ve been let down for so long on the pitch to 

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Just humans, like the rest of us. Nothing stopping Derby having any of those players or producing or buying any of those players or type of players in the future. Or again is it all just down to money, is that what football means to people and is that only what football is about. You can only buy success? 

When the combined transfer fees for Mahrez, Schmeichel, Vardy, Drinkwater and Morgan were all less then the fee we paid for Bradley Johnson don't talk to me about nothing stopping Derby having those players.

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

When the combined transfer fees for Mahrez, Schmeichel, Vardy, Drinkwater and Morgan were all less then the fee we paid for Bradley Johnson don't talk to me about nothing stopping Derby having those players.

I can't argue with that. The team that nigel built equals much better value than most signings since. 

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Didn't Steve Walsh build it?

I'm on about building a team on a budget. I meant clough. 

49 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Inglorius get yourself down to D.C.F.C quick!, and get yourself the recruitment job, you are our future!

Was a disappointing result yesterday, second half we had enough good chances to get a draw, but to be honest Fulham where better on the ball, had more pace, and looked dangerous every time they got into the last third than we did, but please as supporters stop your stupid booing and negative comments it helps no one and is starting to piss me off, some of you in a the east stand are a joke, and if you carry on with your stupid negative comments I might come up and give you a well deserve slap, we are all Derby so please let's support OUR club.

Archived