Derby County vs Fulham

Bwash_Ram

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

For starters, formation. Go for three  midfielders so our two smartest footballers (Thorne and Huddlestone) aren’t constantly over run and doing the dogs work so others can be wasteful further forward.

Or maybe from what I see, is play Johnson, Ledley and Huddlestone instead..... 

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SouthStandDan said:

Instead of sending them to Dubai as a reward, next time send them to Scotland and train in the snow, wind and rain on a crappy wonky pitch.......

An exclusive training camp at new douglas park and a behind closed doors friendly with Hamilton Accies, staying in exclusive rooms for rent off gumtree and soaking up the local ambiance swigging buckfast around the bus station.

TobyWanKenobi
12 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

What would you do and change? 

Being able to see when something isn't working, doesn't mean you have to know how to fix it.

I'm no mechanic, but I know when my cars *******.

PistoldPete2
17 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

It's official our defence have collapsed again. Fulham very good going forward, dodgy  defensively. I don't think we were that bad going forward, Especially second half. We now need to focus on keeping a playoff place, no chance of autos. Oh and fulhams time wasting was ridiculous. Us and Wolves went abroad for warm weather training, we both came back a different team, strange.

Yes we were all over them in the last 10 minutes... With anya and Palmer giving extra attacking impetus. if only we had got in amongst their defence more often although wasn't happy with either of our strikers jerome or vydra. Ref and lineo s very poor again. 

1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

Or maybe from what I see, is play Johnson, Ledley and Huddlestone instead..... 

Maybe, but personally like Thorne. Think today showed me he’s being completely overrun which is forcing him out of position/look a poorer player than he is. None of that is his game and it’s to keep others happy who aren’t performing for as a team.

But it doesn’t matter who really, we were desperate for 3 today, even if it was so one could man mark Cairney. To me a lot of what Rowett did today was woefully poor tactically and managerily (if that is a word£

Wow I can’t believe how negative people are on here we lost to the most inform team and had as many good chances as they did I thought we’d finish 10th at the start of the season and were here I believe in rowett and the team to get it sorted UP THE RAMS!!!!!

Thorne, Forsyth, Wisdom, Jerome rubbish. Keogh and Davies got bullied all game. Rowett really needs to find something different, can't carry on the way we are or won't even finish in the play offs. 

Palmer looked very good, finally someone beating his man. Should have started. 

Lee Mason is a ****.  

Today seemed to be a continuation of our 2018 form. Looking at the average number of points per game over the last 5 there's definitely a drop in form after the new year (which is the vertical line below).

Just hope we can reverse this trend over the rest of the season, starting with QPR on Tues.

COYR

Screen+Shot+2018-03-03+at+17.52.21.png

Thought Rowett’s assessment of the game was bang on. We’re killing ourselves with daft goals! We were the better team for first 25 mins yet we were 2-0 down! First goal was a fluke in my view, can’t really blame anyone, second goal was definitely Keogh. That’s going to knock the stuffing out of any team, and a few players didn’t recover before half time - that’s an issue. That allowed Fulham to control the last 10 mins of the first half. Second half we were the better side but damage was done.

We have played far worse this season and won. I actually think we played well today and actually edged the game overall. Fulham were fortunate to win but when you’re on a good run fortune goes with you and vice versa. 

If derby come out with the same intensity in the remaining matches this season, they will do enough to make the playoffs. Got be more solid though. 

Just got home. Scores on the doors 

Carson 5 not at fault for the goals but just isn’t commanding the defence at the moment. I’ve got more chance of sitting next to Kane. 

Wisdom 4 just poor. Probably due to being dropped for no reason too often 

Keogh 4 Panic!!!! 

Davis 6 ok

Forsyth 2. 2 slow 2 poor to mention 

Fhorne 0 The next time he plays should be his testimonial. Hate to say it but he’s never going to be good enough 

Hudds 5 off day

Vydra 5 off day

lawrance 5 didn’t come off for him today 

weimann 6 tried hard 

Jerome 4. 8 for effort 0 for skill. We’re stuck with him for another season 

Rowett 1 Totally his fault today. Against a quick team, don’t pick your slowest. It’s obvious to every manager in this division except him that if you pack the midfield against Derby you will do well. Why pick Thorne over Ledley? Why drop the man of the match from the previous game? Why persist with the same ineffective tactics against a packed midfield. Why put Johnson on instead of Nugent when we need a late goal. The scariest thing was, I listened to his post match interview, the blokes delusional, he thought we were very good first 25 mins. I thought we were losing 2-0 and being overrun!! 

Well done to the 27,000 who went 

23 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Maybe, but personally like Thorne. Think today showed me he’s being completely overrun which is forcing him out of position/look a poorer player than he is. None of that is his game and it’s to keep others happy who aren’t performing for as a team.

But it doesn’t matter who really, we were desperate for 3 today, even if it was so one could man mark Cairney. To me a lot of what Rowett did today was woefully poor tactically and managerily (if that is a word£

When are people going to realize, Thorne is just not very good. 

Another frustrating result today, don't think we deserved to lose in all honesty. Yes we looked frail at the back and conceded two sloppy goals but but I think over 90 minutes the balance of play was fairly even. People forget that Fulham are the form team in the league and recently beat Villa and Wolves and did to us today what we have done to a lot of teams this season. 

My only criticism is that the midfield doesn't provide enough protection to the defence, being too slow and are outnumbered and overrun too often which leaves the defence exposed. On the ball Huddlestone and Thorne have undeniable quality but its off the ball where they tend to struggle and that has been evident in recent weeks. Mitrovic put in a superb display today and totally bullied Keogh and Davies and that was the main difference between the two sides - we couldn't keep possession in their defensive third. 

For me no one today had a real 'stinker' of a game but conversely, no one played above a 6 or 7 - although Palmer did look bright in a slightly deeper role and showed good intent. Ultimately we are in a rut and came up against an in form team who were more clinical than us, we had a number of opportunities which didn't quite go our way but there was enough in that performance to suggest we can stay in the playoffs. People who disagree with me are welcome to do so, but those who are being overly critical and negative are overreacting at this stage - there's enough time for us to halt this run and go into the playoffs in some good form. 

If at the start of the season you'd been offered 5th at the start of March, how many would have turned that down?

10 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Thought Rowett’s assessment of the game was bang on. We’re killing ourselves with daft goals! We were the better team for first 25 mins yet we were 2-0 down! First goal was a fluke in my view, can’t really blame anyone, second goal was definitely Keogh. That’s going to knock the stuffing out of any team, and a few players didn’t recover before half time - that’s an issue. That allowed Fulham to control the last 10 mins of the first half. Second half we were the better side but damage was done.

We have played far worse this season and won. I actually think we played well today and actually edged the game overall. Fulham were fortunate to win but when you’re on a good run fortune goes with you and vice versa. 

If derby come out with the same intensity in the remaining matches this season, they will do enough to make the playoffs. Got be more solid though. 

Thanks Gary.

Archived