Derby County vs Fulham

Bwash_Ram

Lawerence. What position was he playing? From the East Stand, he seemed to being doing a damn good job vacating space and running into the middle of the pitch. Wasn’t helping Fozzy at all. He made us narrow instead of making the pitch bigger. Very low on confidence. If we hadn’t paid such a big fee for him, he’d be rested. 

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've downgraded in many areas. We've lost Martin, Ince, Bent, Russell, Hughes, Hendrick, Bryson. The replacements aren't as good as the players they've replaced. It was always going to fall apart. 

Not long ago I used to nudge the lad next to me when I could see someone coming on. Russell's coming on, Bent, Martin, Ince.. all of which would have you excited because it meant a change was coming in formation or direction. But today, apart from maybe Nugent coming on, what name on the bench was anything exciting? 

Anya? No thanks. Johnson? Fecking useless. Palmer maybe. But we have got so much weaker. 

We depended on error prone defenders staying error free, and Vydra scoring. Neither will last forever, and so here we are. 

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

When are you going to realise, we are allowed to have other opinions and that is fine.

And I’m not then...? He is a dead rubber, will never make it as a top flight footballer, we over paid for him and he has been a total waste of space this season....there, that’s my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I’d really like to disagree with you on this...I’ll get back to you when I can. :thumbsup:

Just my opinion that his post match analysis is a lot different to the average joe who was in the crowd

33 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

eh? Palmer was fouled, got up, ran to the player and shoved him over. Deserved yellow for a stupid reaction. 

I guess never saw fulham shove hand in his face and tried kick him I would got up and done a lot worse to the fulham player if I was parmer.

Just now, superzak said:

Just my opinion that his post match analysis is a lot different to the average joe who was in the crowd

I think you might have misunderstood, I didn’t mean I’ll get back to you later, I meant I’ll get back to you when I can disagree with what you posted. I’ve thought for a long time he’s a bluffer (I would use another word but it would get filtered) glad I’m not alone. :thumbsup:

It was one of those frustrating games today with the away team controlling possession in midfield. We seem to have one less in there, not enough energy to cope, maybe Timi Max Elsnick might solve that next season. Also why did the ref not show a card to the goalie for continually wasting time and they wont win many friends for falling down and rolling around every time they get tackled, this is what the foreign managers bring to our country and has coached them to do it, but I do think they have a chance of making the top two if they avoid injuries. Im not sure why GR took off Wisdom and put on another right back, why not put on nugent for jerome or anya for wiemann. I was impressed with palmer although GR needs to have a word with him about retaliating, could easily have been sent off.

Im looking at our system which requires our wingers to get back and protect the full backs as well as get forward and produce good crosses and score goals as well. I dont think we have them wingers at the moment and I cant think there are many about at other clubs as well. So unless Gary can find suitable ones in the summer then a change to the system is required i thinks.

On a more positive note i think we can win at qpr and start another good run. Coyr.

31 minutes ago, superzak said:

I still think we should say thanks GR but ta ta and bring back stevie mac ..I prefer that  type of football win or lose.

Hi Steve, thought you were linked with the Oxford job?

12 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

And I’m not then...? He is a dead rubber, will never make it as a top flight footballer, we over paid for him and he has been a total waste of space this season....there, that’s my opinion. 

Who said you weren’t allowed one? Think you are setting up your own argument here which I’m not interested in.

Thorne is ok, like a few others the system doesn’t suit him. Don’t think he deserves any more criticism than anyone else though.

2 hours ago, loughboroughRAM said:

Another frustrating result today, don't think we deserved to lose in all honesty. Yes we looked frail at the back and conceded two sloppy goals but but I think over 90 minutes the balance of play was fairly even. People forget that Fulham are the form team in the league and recently beat Villa and Wolves and did to us today what we have done to a lot of teams this season. 

My only criticism is that the midfield doesn't provide enough protection to the defence, being too slow and are outnumbered and overrun too often which leaves the defence exposed. On the ball Huddlestone and Thorne have undeniable quality but its off the ball where they tend to struggle and that has been evident in recent weeks. Mitrovic put in a superb display today and totally bullied Keogh and Davies and that was the main difference between the two sides - we couldn't keep possession in their defensive third. 

For me no one today had a real 'stinker' of a game but conversely, no one played above a 6 or 7 - although Palmer did look bright in a slightly deeper role and showed good intent. Ultimately we are in a rut and came up against an in form team who were more clinical than us, we had a number of opportunities which didn't quite go our way but there was enough in that performance to suggest we can stay in the playoffs. People who disagree with me are welcome to do so, but those who are being overly critical and negative are overreacting at this stage - there's enough time for us to halt this run and go into the playoffs in some good form. 

If at the start of the season you'd been offered 5th at the start of March, how many would have turned that down?

There's so much in here that I agree with, we were really bright first half until Fulham scored and we had the best of the second half - at least after Palmer came on.

Fine margins but if we'd got a Mitrovic up front holding and distributing onto onrushing players instead of a Jerome struggling to control the ball, let alone do something with it, things could have been very different. I thought Davies gradually got to grips with Mitrovic second half and it made Fulham's attacks a lot less potent. 

I would also like to see Palmer on the field from the start - very unlucky to be dropped after his performance at Reading and his running is so refreshing. Once we let the second in the whole team was static up to half time - we are too fragile in that respect but Palmer brings youthful confidence with him and it sparks other players into life. Not sure why we should be so edgy but we are and it's worse at home.

We have a quick opportunity to bounce back at QPR on Tuesday night. Hopefully we can take the game to them and make the early pressure pay - we need a confidence booster before next weekend!  

Sorry to have to say it, but this has been coming for some time, predictable with a manager who makes so many clueless decisions, and displays very little tactical acumen .. 

I would love to hear him explain for instance WHY he does not deploy at least ONE man outside our penalty area for an opposition corner, to at least compete for a cleared ball .. yes Mr Rowett, NO-ONE ELSE was to blame for Fulhams’ first goal BUT YOU ! Did you admit to ANY culpability for your decisions in your after match interview ? NO, you did not, as usual, in fact did you even see very much of the match whilst you were continually waving your arms in the air at perceived injustices ? 

And forgive me for repeating myself, but surely everyone must now see what is patently obvious, to everyone but the manager .. how on earth can he possibly justify preferring a 31 year old ‘yesterday man’ in Cameron Jerome to Chris Martin ? CJ today was a passenger, pure and simple, where was the strength and pace that one and a half million pounds was supposed to buy us ? Rowett should have this sum deducted from his salary, as a reminder that ‘top’ managers are expected to make ‘top’ judgements on the respective abilities of their purchases, and those that they discard / send out on loan ! 

An improvement on Steve McClaren ? What a joke ! 

2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Or maybe from what I see, is play Johnson, Ledley and Huddlestone instead..... 

The problem with that is that Johnson cant pass. He gives the ball away half of the time which puts us on the back foot. We have very few options in midfield which is a real worry. 

16 minutes ago, angieram said:

Fine margins but if we'd got a Mitrovic up front holding and distributing onto onrushing players instead of a Jerome struggling to control the ball, let alone do something with it, things could have been very different.

Errr, we do have but Rowett didn't want him cos he can't run the channels...

On reflection, it wasn't that bad today.

We played a really good side in really good form, gave them 2 goals, then pushed and pushed them for the 2nd half, but couldn't quite pull it back.

I think a draw would have been a fair result, but it wasn't to be.

Fulham looked the best side I've seen at PP since Wolves, but take Mitrovic out of the side and I'm not sure they'd be half as effective, best CF display at Pride Park all season.

What bothers me about us at the moment, some problems seem so obvious but we seemingly do nothing about them.

58 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Thats a bit of a strange opinion.

In 2014 Thorne was outstanding. It was a fantastic signing. But we mis-managed his injury with the Austrian boot camp and a game against Russian opposition on a crap pitch after a full days intensive training. How not to handle an ACL.

He's never been right since, but thats not his fault. Give him time. Hopefully he can get back to what he was.

If not, it will be a real shame. But that doesn't mean he was a duff signing.

Anyone who has huddlestone , Thorne , Johnson and Ledley in midfield needs to be looked at , some of his decisions have been stupid but this takes the biscuit , every teamhas a box to box midfielder bar derby and I'm actually surprised derby are in the top 6 albeit I don't think they will finish there 

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Thats a bit of a strange opinion.

In 2014 Thorne was outstanding. It was a fantastic signing. But we mis-managed his injury with the Austrian boot camp and a game against Russian opposition on a crap pitch after a full days intensive training. How not to handle an ACL.

He's never been right since, but thats not his fault. Give him time. Hopefully he can get back to what he was.

If not, it will be a real shame. But that doesn't mean he was a duff signing.

Wasn't it the other ACL that he did in the friendly against St petersburg? 

So we weren't managing an injury? Just wretched luck.

Archived