Derby County vs Fulham

Bwash_Ram

17 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I wanted Nugent on earlier but when Hudds was clattered (and the idiot ref gave a foul against him!) it was good to have Bradley avvailable to come on. If only to be contantly fouled but for the ref to keep giving them the other way. Grrr.

He didn't he gave a throw in to Fulham but should have given a second yellow to Mitrovic. 

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were below par today, no doubt. I have to say, however, that I didn't think Fulham were anything special. Decent, yes, but not as good as I expected. I've seen much better at Pride Park this season. 

We had the better of the first twenty five minutes and actually looked good going forward at that time, an odd thing to say given that they scored two goals, but that was through individual errors on our part.

Had we continued to press them with the same purpose and intensity throughout the game as in that period they wouldn't have been able to dominate the midfield and we probably would have gotten something out of it. 

We just seem to loose all confidence and composure at the moment when we go behind. This leads to panic and silly mistakes which other teams are capitalising on. 

Just my thoughts. 

21 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Jesus wept mate, did Rowett kill your kid or something?!

Derby County long balls-55

Fulham long balls- 71

Hows that for “rowettball”

We didn’t lose today because Rowett is the devil incarnate and can’t handle flair players, we lost because Forsyth ******* up for the first goal and Keogh ******* up for the second and we just couldn’t find the final ball. The squad isn’t in ‘Dissaray’ were just making too many indivual errors, throughout the game we played well as an attacking unit, you just shoot your self in the foot shipping two early goals so fulham can lob everyone in their box. I could see exactly what we were trying to do, press them high, nick the ball and play fast paced on the counter, get crosses in and get behind them, exactly what teams did to us under Mac. Rowett had it right, it all gets throw out the window when they score early doors and can set up shop.

Palmer looks better because he’s being allowed a free role, Rowett ain’t gonna take that away from him. Thornes role was to stop cairney which is fair enough but sadly he failed. Nevertheless in attack he was set out to drive on and did a decent job passing the ball out. Don’t know if you noticed the move Rowett made at the start of the game by starting Lawrence on the right, but that certainly helped his ‘flair’ given he doesn’t have a complete ***** behind him who can’t pass for toffee. He then switched that to allow Weimann to come in, put Palmer on to drive from deep and put anya on for more threat down the right. So no, we didn’t try the same thing all game.

Fed up of the ******** around about Rowett from those still not over mac and Martin going. There’s fair criticisms to be aimed at Rowett and he certainly has to work with the defence to stop these errors and get a grip on some of our possession play, but cheap shots at his style of play and lack of ideas and frankly ridiculous. I’m as pissed off as the next man, but some need to take their Mac glasses off and watch the game, we really weren’t that bad today. 

Why is commenting on 'style of play and lack of ideas' a cheap shot??? Truth hurts for some and those people need to face up to the reality of our performances since Brum away . Rowett has to take some responsibility.

24 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Jesus wept mate, did Rowett kill your kid or something?!

Derby County long balls-55

Fulham long balls- 71

Hows that for “rowettball”

We didn’t lose today because Rowett is the devil incarnate and can’t handle flair players, we lost because Forsyth ******* up for the first goal and Keogh ******* up for the second and we just couldn’t find the final ball. The squad isn’t in ‘Dissaray’ were just making too many indivual errors, throughout the game we played well as an attacking unit, you just shoot your self in the foot shipping two early goals so fulham can lob everyone in their box. I could see exactly what we were trying to do, press them high, nick the ball and play fast paced on the counter, get crosses in and get behind them, exactly what teams did to us under Mac. Rowett had it right, it all gets throw out the window when they score early doors and can set up shop.

Palmer looks better because he’s being allowed a free role, Rowett ain’t gonna take that away from him. Thornes role was to stop cairney which is fair enough but sadly he failed. Nevertheless in attack he was set out to drive on and did a decent job passing the ball out. Don’t know if you noticed the move Rowett made at the start of the game by starting Lawrence on the right, but that certainly helped his ‘flair’ given he doesn’t have a complete ***** behind him who can’t pass for toffee. He then switched that to allow Weimann to come in, put Palmer on to drive from deep and put anya on for more threat down the right. So no, we didn’t try the same thing all game.

Fed up of the ******** around about Rowett from those still not over mac and Martin going. There’s fair criticisms to be aimed at Rowett and he certainly has to work with the defence to stop these errors and get a grip on some of our possession play, but cheap shots at his style of play and lack of ideas and frankly ridiculous. I’m as pissed off as the next man, but some need to take their Mac glasses off and watch the game, we really weren’t that bad today. 

Mate,did you even watch it today?

This has nothing to do with Mac,clough or any other Derby manager from the past.

It was bloody awful from back to front.

I'm glad you could see what what was going on because 27000 other people were struggling.

The manager is there to manage......and if the team keep messing up with "individual" errors then the buck stops at the manager to sort it out.

Cheap shots my arse.....stop defending the indefensible.

2 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Why is commenting on 'style of play and lack of ideas' a cheap shot??? Truth hurts for some and those people need to face up to the reality of our performances since Brum away . Rowett has to take some responsibility.

Because I’ve literally just put up facts which show fulham played more long ball than us? And the fact Rowett made at least half a dozen major tactical switches during the game? You’re right Rowett has to take responsibility, but it’s nowt to do with ruining flair players and hoofing it.

6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Mate,did you even watch it today?

This has nothing to do with Mac,clough or any other Derby manager from the past.

It was bloody awful from back to front.

I'm glad you could see what what was going on because 27000 other people were struggling.

The manager is there to manage......and if the team keep messing up with "individual" errors then the buck stops at the manager to sort it out.

Cheap shots my arse.....stop defending the indefensible.

Yeah I did, and it was a damn sight better than last week at reading, we had a much better intensity, we weren’t giving the ball away all the time and at times we were actually reasonably controlled. If it’s nothing to do with Mac then why is every other one of your posts to do with 2013 or chris Martin?

If that was bloody awful from back to front then I’d have hated to see you at Brighton last season! If 27000 people couldn’t see it then there’s 27000 muppets imo, but that’s wrong cause I’ve seen quite a few in here say we were pretty decent.

Youre right the buck stops at the manager, got no problem with that, he needs to organise the defence better. It’s hard to make sure Keogh clears the ball during a game but that’s a fair criticism. Why not mention that rather than making up some rubbish about long ball if you’re going to have a go at the manager?

Im not here to defend the indefensible, I’ve made many comments about the poor January, lack of organisation, dropping too deep etc before. I’m here to defend against fabrications made to make Rowett look like Pearson because he sold your favourite player.

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yeah I did, and it was a damn sight better than last week at reading, we had a much better intensity, we weren’t giving the ball away all the time and at times we were actually reasonably controlled. If it’s nothing to do with Mac then why is every other one of your posts to do with 2013 or chris Martin?

If that was bloody awful from back to front then I’d have hated to see you at Brighton last season! If 27000 people couldn’t see it then there’s 27000 muppets imo, but that’s wrong cause I’ve seen quite a few in here say we were pretty decent.

Youre right the buck stops at the manager, got no problem with that, he needs to organise the defence better. It’s hard to make sure Keogh clears the ball during a game but that’s a fair criticism. Why not mention that rather than making up some rubbish about long ball if you’re going to have a go at the manager?

Im not here to defend the indefensible, I’ve made many comments about the poor January, lack of organisation, dropping too deep etc before. I’m here to defend against fabrications made to make Rowett look like Pearson because he sold your favourite player.

Why are you going on about 2013 and Chris Martin???...I've mentioned neither...presumably a cheap shot at me allied to sensitivity of criticism of rowett?

I expected better from you....

And what fabrications?....the poor performance and results speak for themselves.

I don't blame the players for the results...it's the managers job to choose the right team,the right tactics and ensure the players fully understand their roles.

Ridiculous arguement....

Get back to me when rowett deals with the issues he created and has dealt with them effectively....

How many times did we manage to keep the ball.....how many times did we take the ball off their players by pressing hard and actually tackling.....how many times did we manage to provide a decent ball to our player from the back or in midfield.?.......NOT MANY.

How many times did we pass the ball straight to them clearing out of defence?.....how many times did we fail to pick the right pass in or near their box......TOO MANY.

And why was it that we actually looked like we really meant it in the final three minutes? Why don't we seem to work as hard as other teams? Why can't we play with real intensity for more than five minutes at a time? Why can 't we play with pace and aggression?

Get a grip lads, NOW.

Sith Happens

I didnt think it was as bad as some make out, in the end we were unlucky not to get something out of the game.

But there was some poor individual performances that cost us, Vydra was clearly not fit, very surprised not to see him substituted at half time. Keogh had probably his worst game this season, Wisdom had a shocker, every cross, or clearance just seemed poor, even his headed clearances just went into the danger area. They arent the only ones. Yeah forsythe didnt do well for the second but earlier in the season someone would have been there helping him out, we dont seem as solid as a unit in defence.

The ref wasnt great, but I dont think any of his decisions affected the outcome of the game. Disappointed not to see a few yellows handed out for their time wasting (throwing the ball away etc), but then I was convinced Palmer was heading for an early bath so i'll take that.

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

On the positives, the three substitutions were good. When Palmer came on for Thorne it seemed as though we only had one midfielder on the pitch, having been totally outnumbered with two, but Palmer slotted in fabulously there and Fulham were terrified of him running at them. I didn't see what they or he did for him to stop doing that, which was a huge shame.

Anya for Wisdom was a good and interesting move, keeping all our attacking option on the pitch but still changing it in an attacking way.

Didn't manage to watch the game but sounds like the substitutions were indeed positive. For me, the biggest positive from this defeat would be that sounds like we played better with a more attacking approach. As a fan of such way to play (a bit like Fulham), I'll hope this wasn't last time we saw that.

9 hours ago, 1967Ram said:

Hopefully you'll (we'll) feel better by 10pm Tuesday night Jono

Lolol :D ... That was my duhhhh moment for the week. Right then got to get positive again no later than Tuesday and hour before kickoff. 

We have two key issues. 

One is that the defence, which had looked assured with the confidence of a number of clean sheets, now looks panicky. Keogh is our captain and he looks panicked. This is not me knocking him. He is a good defender, but he and Davies need to get the full backs together and read the riot act.

We also need a transition from midfield to attack. No combination from Ledley, Huddlestone and Thorne can achieve that. We have to find a way of getting Palmer and Vydra in the same starting line-up or Vydra will get disheartened.

I think most fans knew we needed a new left back, a running midfielder and a quick striker in the window. The cash wasn’t there so the problems remain. However, we still have the players to go on a run if they get that first win. Let’s hope it’s Tuesday.

49 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Didn't manage to watch the game but sounds like the substitutions were indeed positive. For me, the biggest positive from this defeat would be that sounds like we played better with a more attacking approach.

Didn't another poster say Rowett said he'd subbed Wisdom because we'd too many attacking options on the pitch?

Sith Happens

One thing I know, no matter how bad the performance may or may not have been, the performance of that contingent of fans who booed at half and full time was much worse.

Wish we could transfer some of them out of the club.

9 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

One thing I know, no matter how bad the performance may or may not have been, the performance of that contingent of fans who booed at half and full time was much worse.

Wish we could transfer some of them out of the club.

Not going to make a difference to the performance on the pitch, by half time we were already 2 nil down. The blaming the fans for our poor results is laughable, they pay their money they are entitled to their opinion.

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Because I’ve literally just put up facts which show fulham played more long ball than us? And the fact Rowett made at least half a dozen major tactical switches during the game? You’re right Rowett has to take responsibility, but it’s nowt to do with ruining flair players and hoofing it.

I haven't seen the stats and I am a supporter of Rowett, but playing devils advocate for a second - just because they had more long passes in a game doesn't really mean much on its own. You would need to take into account amount of possession, number of short passes, etc to be able to make a fair comparison in styles. They may have had more long passes, but they may have made 10,000 tippy tappy passes around our defence as well - we may have had less long passes, but not played any other type of ball all game. Long passes tend to be more prevalent when you play 6 +GK at the back with 2 immobile holding midfielders.

As previously said though I do support Rowett and believe he needs a chance without the budget constraints we are currently suffering to try and replace some of the dross we currently have playing for us.

Archived