Derby County vs Fulham

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So disappointed with today, i thought we started pretty brightly until we let those sloppy goals in. What frustrates me with us at the minute is how predictable we are going forward. Everything is so slow and in front of the opposition, its so easy to defend against. Fulham on the other hand, quick one twos around our edge of the box creating space and forcing us into mistakes. 

Kasey Palmer changed the game for me today, before he came on no one was prepared to be brave and run at them, he's playing without fear and even though he was lucky to not get sent off, what he did got the crowd going again and it sort of upped the tempo to our play. Will be interesting to see if he can play in one of those 2 holding positions, with license to go forward and express himself. Its a shame we couldn't get someone like Mirtrovic in, he bullied our two CB's today. He actually was strong enough to bring the ball down rather than trying to get a flick on it.

We need a win soon, roll on QPR....

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

5th at the start of March after languishing mid table for most of the season would be impressive, 5th after being second is careless at best.

Our form before December was no different to what it is now. We went on an amazing run of form and got into a position that maybe wasn't a true reflection of where we should have been. I agree it's frustrating but everything needs to be put into perspective - we were never going to maintain that form until May, all the teams around us have experienced troughs in form so I don't know why our fans expect any different....

3 minutes ago, ram93 said:

So disappointed with today, i thought we started pretty brightly until we let those sloppy goals in. What frustrates me with us at the minute is how predictable we are going forward. Everything is so slow and in front of the opposition, its so easy to defend against. Fulham on the other hand, quick one twos around our edge of the box creating space and forcing us into mistakes. 

Kasey Palmer changed the game for me today, before he came on no one was prepared to be brave and run at them, he's playing without fear and even though he was lucky to not get sent off, what he did got the crowd going again and it sort of upped the tempo to our play. Will be interesting to see if he can play in one of those 2 holding positions, with license to go forward and express himself. Its a shame we couldn't get someone like Mirtrovic in, he bullied our two CB's today. He actually was strong enough to bring the ball down rather than trying to get a flick on it.

We need a win soon, roll on QPR....

Mitrovic doesn’t run enough for Rowett, forget that he can score, hold the ball up, and generally do what a CF should do, we bring in a player past his best however can run like forest gump.

Just think if we had a 20 goal striker on our books who knew where the net was, could have solved all our problems....

3 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Can I ask why Thorne who was a brilliant player before injury was given a new contract when he's no good enough for the championship now ?

I think we have to give him the opportunity to recover and get back to something like his old self. But he has had three bad injuries and the decline is alarming. Same with fozzy. 

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I think we have to give him the opportunity to recover and get back to something like his old self. But he has had three bad injuries and the decline is alarming. Same with fozzy. 

Mate I get that but a new contract doesn't make any sense at all

PistoldPete2

Very frustrating game again today , and once again we get less from the game than our play deserved. Of course fulham will look prettier and have more possession but we had the better chances. Somehow we are just not taking them or getting the breaks at the moment. 

First half was so embarrassing, genuinely difficult to watch.

I’m someone who genuinely rates Rowett, thinks there’s a lot more to come from him but nothing kills me off more than watching a team playing great passing football and dominating us while Huddlestone tries his 56th chipped ball over the top to Jerome.

Thorne and fozzys critics need to remember they have both barely played in the last 18 months, of course they are going to struggle having had several major injuries. 

I don't think we will see the best of them till next season and I don't think people realise how hard it is to come back after the injury problems those two have had.

If they are performing poorly next season then questions need to be asked, but right now they need support when they play!

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Thorne and fozzys critics need to remember they have both barely played in the last 18 months, of course they are going to struggle having had several major injuries. 

I don't think we will see the best of them till next season and I don't think people realise how hard it is to come after the injury problems those two have had.

If they are performing poorly next season then questions need to be asked, but right now they need support when they play!

Agreed. I would like to see Thorne lose some weight though. 

13 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Mate I get that but a new contract doesn't make any sense at all

The alternative was to lose him for nothing.

7 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

It was interesting that in the RamsTV interview with mcfarland, he said he was the never the same player after his achilles tendon injury. George has suffered much worse than a snapped achilles.

Archived