Derby County vs Fulham

Bwash_Ram

Sith Happens
22 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Not going to make a difference to the performance on the pitch, by half time we were already 2 nil down. The blaming the fans for our poor results is laughable, they pay their money they are entitled to their opinion.

Where did I say the poor result was down to the fans? They are entitled to their opinion of course, I am also entitled to mine that booing after just the second defeat in over 20 games is also laughable.

Almost as laughable as the bloke calling into radio derby suggesting the players have been told to lose to save Mel forking out for free season tickets.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Where did I say the poor result was down to the fans? They are entitled to their opinion of course, I am also entitled to mine that booing after just the second defeat in over 20 games is also laughable.

Almost as laughable as the bloke calling into radio derby suggesting the players have been told to lose to save Mel forking out for free season tickets.

You are constantly having a go at the supporters, your right to do so of course, however mine is that what’s happening on the pitch is more of a concern.

5 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Bring back Nugent drop Jerome (although I think he has done OK, Nugent links up better with Vydra, plus it was very successful earlier in the season)

Start Palmer drop Thorne (more energy and better forward play - sadly GT looks to be a shadow of his former self)

But Nugent has been terrible in his last four appearances  Agree about Thorne he's injured again anyway and looks like Huddlestone sidelined  

17 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

it's less that he doesn't score or put in a pin point cross, and more that 99% of his crosses and shots look like goal kicks

He has no end product. Anybody can see that he just has not got the necesssary skill to put a decent ball in. None of this “he’s only 23 and he’ll develop”...time after time after time he doesn’t deliver. Sorry the truth can be brutal but that’s life I’m afraid and dressing it up with politically correct “wooliness” is just delusion. 

PistoldPete2
12 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Thank you Channel 5. There highlights of our match against Fulham made us look better than we were and that we may have deserved something of the game. That it didn't show how inept we were at times to the nation was a bonus.

What you mean is for all their pretty passing, and our failure to keep the ball, fulham had fewer chances than we did. We deserved a draw, but are not getting the breaks. 

Thought I’d chime up after reflecting on a pretty naff performance. Fulham deserve to be promoted after watching the way they play football. Our team couldn’t live with their movement, proving we have too many players who turn slower than an arriva bus.

After this horrible constant state of deja vu I think it’s time we start looking at our academy the club keeps promoting as the next big thing. How we’ll get 12-13 first team players off the books permanently in the summer seems like a massive job. Too many players enjoying picking up big wage packages, refusing to leave which isn’t their problem. But if we seriously want to start using the academy to its potential we have to open up avenues for them by letting these big earners leave.

There’s nothing giving me more pride to see one of our own taking their chance. Season of mid table possibly next season but better than having Anya on the bench! ?

17 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

But Nugent has been terrible in his last four appearances  Agree about Thorne he's injured again anyway and looks like Huddlestone sidelined  

We need to go back to what worked earlier in the season with Nugent. Playing in to his feet and getting Vydra close.  Playing to their strengths!

Ledley, Johnson, and Palmer should be enough vs QPR 

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

As previously said though I do support Rowett and believe he needs a chance without the budget constraints we are currently suffering to try and replace some of the dross we currently have playing for us.

If he really has such restraints why buy Jerome? Why not try Zanzala or one of the other youngsters (even Walker, who looks talented)? Isn't that what he was meant to be all about. A smaller, tighter knit squad with younger, hungry players?

Rowett talks about lots of things but does very, very few of them it seems!

Sith Happens
45 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

You are constantly having a go at the supporters, your right to do so of course, however mine is that what’s happening on the pitch is more of a concern.

I wouldnt say constantly, but yeah i will voice my opinion if i disagree with something someone says or posts, and that includes booing at the game. If you think its right to boo the players after just two defeats in over 20 games and in a season that is still exceeding most peoples expectations then fine, your call.

My concern is what happens on the pitch too, thats why i will comment that i think booing doesnt help. You think it helped Bradley Johnsons form when he was booed when his name was announced or he was subbed?

Anyway we can go round in circles, i have seen much worse than is on display this season and still havent booed, there have been much worse times for Derby County fans, but yeah some think its ok, some dont, im one of the ones that doesnt.

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I wouldnt say constantly, but yeah i will voice my opinion if i disagree with something someone says or posts, and that includes booing at the game. If you think its right to boo the players after just two defeats in over 20 games and in a season that is still exceeding most peoples expectations then fine, your call.

My concern is what happens on the pitch too, thats why i will comment that i think booing doesnt help. You think it helped Bradley Johnsons form when he was booed when his name was announced or he was subbed?

Anyway we can go round in circles, i have seen much worse than is on display this season and still havent booed, there have been much worse times for Derby County fans, but yeah some think its ok, some dont, im one of the ones that doesnt.

Must admit I didn’t hear any booing for Johnson, maybe a select section or my hearing is going - not sure if anyone else heard it ? Where do you sit?

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

I haven't seen the stats and I am a supporter of Rowett, but playing devils advocate for a second - just because they had more long passes in a game doesn't really mean much on its own. You would need to take into account amount of possession, number of short passes, etc to be able to make a fair comparison in styles. They may have had more long passes, but they may have made 10,000 tippy tappy passes around our defence as well - we may have had less long passes, but not played any other type of ball all game. Long passes tend to be more prevalent when you play 6 +GK at the back with 2 immobile holding midfielders.

As previously said though I do support Rowett and believe he needs a chance without the budget constraints we are currently suffering to try and replace some of the dross we currently have playing for us.

I don't think they are 'dross' GenBr I think we haven't got the balance right any more in the squad. Pre-January Transfer Window no matter what 11 started our bench was very strong, giving us the option of changing things if/when needed.

I also think we had a considerable amount of luck in games and Carson pulled off some magnificent saves. The luck seems to have changed a bit now. Against Leeds and Reading Carson made two excellent reaction saves but the ball went straight to the opposition to slot the ball home.

Since the transfer window closed we don't look as good to me. Confidence also seems to be low with some players. Hopefully we can still make the play-offs. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

I haven't seen the stats and I am a supporter of Rowett, but playing devils advocate for a second - just because they had more long passes in a game doesn't really mean much on its own. You would need to take into account amount of possession, number of short passes, etc to be able to make a fair comparison in styles. They may have had more long passes, but they may have made 10,000 tippy tappy passes around our defence as well - we may have had less long passes, but not played any other type of ball all game. Long passes tend to be more prevalent when you play 6 +GK at the back with 2 immobile holding midfielders.

You’re right but I also checked the percentages, both us and fulham played 13% long balls with the rest being short passes. So if they’re some sort of incredible footballing team and we’re hoofball merchants, how does that make sense?

Sith Happens
34 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Must admit I didn’t hear any booing for Johnson, maybe a select section or my hearing is going - not sure if anyone else heard it ? Where do you sit?

Sorry don't mean this game, it was a season or so ago, just using it as an example.

19 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Sorry don't mean this game, it was a season or so ago, just using it as an example.

Fair enough, I personally don’t get booing, by all means vent your feelings in the pub, on the way home or at a forum, however I do feel that if an individual wishes to express their feelings that way they have a righ to do so.  I do feel though that targeting an individual or during the game is over the top, not to say I haven’t ever let out a few explicit words out now and again in the heat of the game, the majority of the time beleive it or not I’m more on the positive side.

I just feel that GR has taken the club backwards, and he is the one that needs to get it right on the pitch, not the fans.

Sith Happens
27 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Fair enough, I personally don’t get booing, by all means vent your feelings in the pub, on the way home or at a forum, however I do feel that if an individual wishes to express their feelings that way they have a righ to do so.  I do feel though that targeting an individual or during the game is over the top, not to say I haven’t ever let out a few explicit words out now and again in the heat of the game, the majority of the time beleive it or not I’m more on the positive side.

I just feel that GR has taken the club backwards, and he is the one that needs to get it right on the pitch, not the fans.

I don't think hes taken it backwards, considering the number of managers we have had and the clear need to balance the books a bit i would say its more of a sideways step, although league position would argue otherwise, we are in a better position than this time last year.

I just want some stability and I think rowett has the ability to do this. That said the only sacking I have agreed with in recent years is Pearsons, we could have had some stability with other managers too.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

You’re right but I also checked the percentages, both us and fulham played 13% long balls with the rest being short passes. So if they’re some sort of incredible footballing team and we’re hoofball merchants, how does that make sense?

Don't talk sense, it's not allowed!

Archived