Sheffield Wednesday F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, europia said:

Joking aside, it's a bit of a shame. I really thought GR had got the players out of the 'fear of promotion' mindset, but they are definitely lacking confidence and cohesion. For what ever reason ??

I fear we’ll need someone a tad more adventurous than Captain Cautious to rid the players of your “fear of promotion” mindset, maybe someone who see games winnable as opposed to not losing them. He should have had them stamping their authority as soon as we hit second instead of his Steady Eddie approach in my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, europia said:

Joking aside, it's a bit of a shame. I really thought GR had got the players out of the 'fear of promotion' mindset, but they are definitely lacking confidence and cohesion. For what ever reason ??

This is not the team of "bottlers". There's nobody left from those distant days of 4 seasons ago. 

Unless we have hereditary bottling in the dcfc atmosphere :thumbsup:

I don’t think anyone actually believed we would get top 2. Saturday at home should have been a full house, the place should have been rocking helping the promotion push. Awful attendance and awful atmosphere pretty much summed up the air of resignation around the place and this must translate to the players. Too many false dawns has created this unfortunately.

12 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Weimann through on goal 1v1 with the keeper. . . Hits it straight at him. . .

he had a free header in the first half, any toward any corner and it’s a goal, heads it wide. 

End product, always been the same with the likes of weimann, Russell, Lawrence etc. Still stand by that we should have bought in a quality winger in January 

It chose to go to a German side instead

Just now, rad1919 said:

I don’t think anyone actually believed we would get top 2. Saturday at home should have been a full house, the place should have been rocking helping the promotion push. Awful attendance and awful atmosphere pretty much summed up the air of resignation around the place and this must translate to the players. Too many false dawns has created this unfortunately.

Give me your address I will send you some Prozac via Hermes.

1 minute ago, rad1919 said:

Don't worry, if we do get promoted the extra 5 or 6 thousand will come out the woodwork and be the first to boo when we lose at home to man city.

Archived