Sheffield Wednesday F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jortat said:

1 loss so now we move on and get another run going until the end of the season.  Villa haven’t had a bad run yet , and they will do it’s not all over yet.

There will be plenty more twists and turns before the end of the season .

Keep the faith . COYR

Villa have had there bad run, and now all there injured players are back there flying

16 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Agree re the substitutions. This is the one thing that can be used to criticise GR which isn't knee-jerk. He's done and is doing a very good job here, but his reluctancy to make changes until late is puzzling and often benefits us very little. Today we are two down yet the changes are still so slow. We didn't make our second until the 82nd minute, how can we impact the game with that?

It was pointed out by somebody, can't remember who, not too long ago that GR waits for the opposition to change things and then reacts to their change of plan. That's alright when you're controlling the game but when you're chasing it you really need to be proactive. We've been 2-0 down since minute 47 and we haven't been proactive at all.

Admit I only listened to the game,but from what I heard, the loss was more down to our missed chances rather than the lack of early subs.I could understand the call for earlier subs if we'd been creating nothing, but that didn't appear to be the case. I'm as disappointed as the next fan,but hindsight's a wonderful thing (for some).If I appear grumpy,then yes,I put my hands up.

7 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Very poor but let's be honest we have been asking for this for several games.....even vydra has been off the boil.

Not sure where we go from this point....no idea what our best team is,I thought tonight's was the best we could manage so it's even more disappointing.

Yep, that result has been coming. We don't have the mobility in central midfield and lack a threat out wide now that JR has gone. Lawrence was meant to be the answer but as yet hasn't produced. Be interesting to see what GR does now. Still third though so no need for doom and gloom. I will be happy with a play off spot to be honest. I would be gutted if we imploded totally and didn't make the top 6.

Played miles worse than that this season and won. Poor poor goals to give away and we just didn't get that luck that was needed which we have had on so many occasions this year. Honestly didnt think we played that badly though and controlled for long periods. Our quality from side areas in the final third was shocking.

Subs defnitely too late. Weimman is a willing runner, however lacks quality. Johnson just isn't a winger, his delivery was awful all night. Baffles me how you can bring Anya on instead of Lawrence when 2 weeks ago he wasn't in the plans. Think Palmer looks bright and energetic, deserves a start.

My team for Leeds:

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh  Davies  Olsson

Huddlestone  Ledley

Lawrence  Vydra  Palmer

Nugent

2 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

Played miles worse than that this season and won. Poor poor goals to give away and we just didn't get that luck that was needed which we have had on so many occasions this year. Honestly didnt think we played that badly though and controlled for long periods. Our quality from side areas in the final third was shocking.

Subs defnitely too late. Weimman is a willing runner, however lacks quality. Johnson just isn't a winger, his delivery was awful all night. Baffles me how you can bring Anya on instead of Lawrence when 2 weeks ago he wasn't in the plans. Think Palmer looks bright and energetic, deserves a start.

My team for Leeds:

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh  Davies  Olsson

Huddlestone  Ledley

Lawrence  Vydra  Palmer

Nugent

Yes, I would probably go with that team....time for a MOTM performance from Lawrence....

Archived