Sheffield Wednesday F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

4 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Losing away to Sheffield Wednesday reserves isn't pragmatic it is totally gormless.

Like some of our forum members. :lol:

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree re the substitutions. This is the one thing that can be used to criticise GR which isn't knee-jerk. He's done and is doing a very good job here, but his reluctancy to make changes until late is puzzling and often benefits us very little. Today we are two down yet the changes are still so slow. We didn't make our second until the 82nd minute, how can we impact the game with that?

It was pointed out by somebody, can't remember who, not too long ago that GR waits for the opposition to change things and then reacts to their change of plan. That's alright when you're controlling the game but when you're chasing it you really need to be proactive. We've been 2-0 down since minute 47 and we haven't been proactive at all.

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

8 mins for Palmer and he takes Vydra off.

Serious Rowett tonight has been clueless. From his team selection to substitutions. Absolutely clueless.

he talks a good game unfortunately when the pressures on he cant back it up. Whats  zinadine doing next season he wont be at real lol

Just now, SaintRam said:

I agree the substitution decisions seem odd,

But lets face it, we've had 13 shots in this game. I think 12 of those have been in the box. 3 of them have been on target. We've been wasteful again, that's the real problem that we've had of late. We are completely wasteful. 

Wednesday haven't been on top at all, except for 15 minutes in the first half. 

It’s the lack of decent wingers. Said on deadline day our lack of signing a winger will cost us promotion. I stand by that. Who in attack other than Vydra do you genuinely think is going to score when they get the ball? Which of our wide man actually give any hope when they’ve got possession? That’s our problem, and it shows when we’ve had such a good defensive record but not won enough games. We let all our options go in attack and didn’t replace them.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

It’s the lack of decent wingers. Said on deadline day our lack of signing a winger will cost us promotion. I stand by that. Who in attack other than Vydra do you genuinely think is going to score when they get the ball? Which of our wide man actually give any hope when they’ve got possession? That’s our problem, and it shows when we’ve had such a good defensive record but not won enough games. We let all our options go in attack and didn’t replace them.

Spot on

Just now, Harrowram said:

The line up was too defensive. Johnson should not be played on the left wing. he serves no purpose as he hasn't the pace to trouble the left back or to cover our left back. i can't see the point of him.

Didn't he play there in a couple of games earlier in the season in which we were successful? 

I think there is a rationale for it.

3 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

The line up was too defensive. Johnson should not be played on the left wing. he serves no purpose as he hasn't the pace to trouble the left back or to cover our left back. i can't see the point of him.

Unfortunatly he only has Lawrence instead. We sold a player in Christie who tried to beat everyone twice and got nowhere and couldn't cross then we spend twice as much on another one .

1 minute ago, valleyram said:

Here we go , really hope you stay in top 6 but got my doubts 

Think you need to change your user name.:lol:

Just now, Rample said:

Can't understand the logic in subbing him - if anyone is likely to produce a moment of magic in the last 8 minutes surely it's him.

He looked absolutely exhausted. 

And his last chance it showed. He completely hacked at a shot he should have scored.

Archived