Sheffield Wednesday F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a way I think it is a good thing we have lost. It takes away all this hype about our unbeaten run where we might be happy with a draw rather than lose. 

It also brings a bit of reality to us and also we may be having a wobble.

What we need to do now is get back to winning ways and win the next 4 on the trot. 

Come on you Rams...

My polite response is that this was a very disappointing result against a side with numerous injuries and no great form. The manager has to take responsibility and needs his backside severely kicking for making too many unnecessary changes when we don't have a game for a week. A victory against Leeds is a must as is a positive approach which seemed to be lacking until we were 2-0 down.

Pi** poor today, on and off the pitch.

Seen a few on Facebook calling for Rowett's head which is ridiculous, but he is almost entirely responsible for that tonight. It's so frustrating that he doesn't make changes earlier. There needs to be a result against Leeds next week.

Shocking.

How long will it take GR to realise that Johnson is not a LW player. It stifles attacks.

Palmer has to start.

Weimann simply has no end product.

Losing Winnall is a blow. Jerome or Nugent don't look like players who will get you goals.

We can't rely on Vyds to score and the defence to keep a clean sheet every game. Others are not stepping up.

Lets not go crazy.

Still created some chances second half.

Could be the wake up call the team needed. Going by the Ed n Rammage coverage we deserved nothing.

Changes (the extent forced im not sure) all looked OK and logical, but probably too many.

Be interesting to hear the views of those who went.

The only thing that is really irritating me is are we going to be the team that everyone on a bad run ends it against us.

Just now, DRBee said:

Chickens coming home to roost. Rethink needed by some delusional fans.

Which chickens out of interest?

I had us down for 11th this season. But that was thinking we'd ship a load of players out and GR would build from youth which would take time to gel.

Coming to a mid table finish having been 2nd and falling badly away would be a very different thing and feeling. Not saying we will at this stage - still long way to go. 

36 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Every single one of the changes has either seen......

- a lambasted player being dropped or

- a previous favourite being restored. 

Is it just the number that has upset you? After the lethargy and underwhelming Saturday? 

We should be having a more settled side at this stage, Changing 6 players, some of whom have not played for weeks and expecting things to gel immediately is unrealistic. The set up was defensive - Johnson does not bring the attacking flair needed for his position tonight. .

Just now, rammieib said:

Shocking.

How long will it take GR to realise that Johnson is not a LW player. It stifles attacks.

Palmer has to start.

Weimann simply has no end product.

Losing Winnall is a blow. Jerome or Nugent don't look like players who will get you goals.

We can't rely on Vyds to score and the defence to keep a clean sheet every game. Others are not stepping up.

Sounds like Joao stepped up tonight :lol:

1 loss so now we move on and get another run going until the end of the season.  Villa haven’t had a bad run yet , and they will do it’s not all over yet.

There will be plenty more twists and turns before the end of the season .

Keep the faith . COYR

Assuming Olsson is injured? Very harsh if not - I have no faith in Fozzy and he doesnt in himself since his injury.

We need to start Palmer and let him off the lead - he's unpredictable and fearless; exactly what we are lacking up top. 

Huge Rowett fan but the timing of subs at times leaves alot to be desired. 

Id have taken poffs back in August but we need to cement that first. Onwards and upwards, I hope.

Archived