James McClean

Andrew3000

12 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Not sure there is any bile. Differing opinions but not bile. 

Also not sure that any current players would think anything of it at all. 

Lastly... Are we all supposed to concur in order that opposition fans,  visiting a forum that has nothing to do with them, may write on their own forum, that has nothing to do with us, how nice Derby fans are and how well they all play in the playground together? 

All it goes to show is that, as stated earlier, he's a good player but too many people base their views on soundbites from the Daily Star thus this signing... If it were ever even an option... Would have the potential to do more harm than good to our season. 

Hello mate.

Everyone has a right to an opinion and we shouldn't all be happy chaps agreeing with each other, as you Implied opinions vary and everyone has a right to their opinion. 

However the amount of mud slinging in this thread is well above any I've seen.

I agree that fans base their opinion on what they've seen wrote in media articles rather than having any factual foundation for anything they've actually seen themselves.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Sat Atwal said:

Wow! 19 pages of total bile.... from so called "fans" verbally abusing each other.

What a example you have all set.

I'm sure if any current players who may read this, must be rejoicing at what lovely so called "fans" we have.

Shudder to think what opposition fans may be thinking if they have read this thread.

i think the only bile was between Strange Yearnings and myself

We were just playing around, nothing serious to it, we like each other really, fellow Rams and all that  Isn't that right @Strange yearnings?

;)

Honestly daddy

3 minutes ago, Sat Atwal said:

Hello mate.

Everyone has a right to an opinion and we shouldn't all be happy chaps agreeing with each other, as you Implied opinions vary and everyone has a right to their opinion. 

However the amount of mud slinging in this thread is well above any I've seen.

I agree that fans base their opinion on what they've seen wrote in media articles rather than having any factual foundation for anything they've actually seen themselves.

Mud slinging, big D contest, the dreaded 'banter', frustration and downright nonsense. It is a combination of all those things I suspect. 

Either way we won't be signing him so it's all pretty futile. 

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

Sometimes football and politics just don't mix. Here's the last nasty right winger we bought to Pride Park.

download.jpeg.e24a215811504421decd82dfe58976f1.jpeg

Firstly revel, I don't know how you know which way Mel votes and secondly, to call him nasty after all that he's done for us is going a bit far in my view

5 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Firstly revel, I don't know how you know which way Mel votes and secondly, to call him nasty after all that he's done for us is going a bit far in my view

Thank God, I thought I'd get pulled on the terrorist playing on the left. 

Speaking as someone who has dual English /irish heritage finding all this a bit much .  Had a grandfather mentioned in dispatches for bravery at Normandy which i'm proud off but wouldn't expect a catholic bloke from Derry to wear a poppy - perhaps he may choose to wear the new green remembrance shamrock commemorating soldiers from WW1 and WW11.   Derby has a massive Irish Catholic 2nd and 3rd generation following of which half my family consist and they have been following this club for 50 years alongside my dads - mostly from Derbyshire so if we could stop the vitriol please that would lovely  xx

1 hour ago, Waffle said:

You sir are an Ostrich

you are an ostrich. Your head must be in the sand. Is your head in the sand? Are you flexible enough to get your head in the sand? My suspicion would be no.

I can honestly say that I don't know the political views of any of our players, so just because McLean has made his views public doesn't make any difference to me. My opposition to signing him is purely football based - while he obviously has ability, he's inconsistent and frequently fails to deliver - a short-term loan might be o.k. to give us an alternative to Russell/Weimann/Lawrence but I'd be looking for more from a permanent signing....

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Speaking as someone who has dual English /irish heritage finding all this a bit much .  Had a grandfather mentioned in dispatches for bravery at Normandy which i'm proud off but wouldn't expect a catholic bloke from Derry to wear a poppy - perhaps he may choose to wear the new green remembrance shamrock commemorating soldiers from WW1 and WW11.   Derby has a massive Irish Catholic 2nd and 3rd generation following of which half my family consist and they have been following this club for 50 years alongside my dads - mostly from Derbyshire so if we could stop the vitriol please that would lovely  xx

Thank you to a bit of common sense xx

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

thats a  good balanced view, but I still don't get the objection to wearing a poppy. Isn't it derived from the poppy fields of Belgium and France , so is the symbol to remember those people who fell there? It isn't anything to do with the nationality or religion of the fallen. Why is it necessary to substitute this with a shamrock which is more of a symbol that's identified with the Irish nation? 

Really Don't want to read into this thread, due to what people will say about his PERSONAL beliefs so i'm just going to post my opinions on the Players ABILITIES:

Really hard worker.

Quality crossing.

Great work ethic

There are more than this but haven't seen him as much as I would've liked.

Would definitely be an improvement on what we have already - although would be on high wages. Definitely worth the punt to get us up there though.

Would be a great signing - we have lacked a wide attacker with real presence since Johnson got injured. 

With regards to his stance on the rememberance poppy - simply googling for a few minutes about the area and time in which he grew up and the families he must have known and grown up alongside, makes his stance far more understandable and highly personal.

This doesn't necessarily make him disruptive or disrespectful, does however make him an easy target for those who can't be bothered to consider another's view points or circumstances.

Sign him on his footballing ability.

So what about his beliefs? we all have different views on things in life so why cant he? at least hes strong enough to stick by it. If he doesn't wear a poppy then so what? ill wear 2 to make up for it. Sign him on his ability and his experience at international and premiership level!!!

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I still don't get the objection to wearing a poppy.

He’s peacefully protesting his right not to show support for the British Army, who were an invading and occupying force who committed many atrocities in Northern Ireland, including ethnic cleansing and sectarian murder. He has every right to his view and shows integrity by expressing it.

If you want to keep politics out of football, stop forcing players to wear poppies in the first place. The poppy should be about remembrance, but it has been politicised by those with English nationalist agendas like Britain First. It’s people like them who are a greater threat to the legacy of freedom than  someone like James McClean. 

Always rated him. Looks like he's down the pecking order at WBA. Get him in. West Brom have turned down a loan move, maybe they want to sell, in which case didn't someone offer £8m for him last year? Not sure we have that kind of money with FFP.

Not going to get involved with his views as it's none of my business.

13 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

A no from me ! Better options out there both footballing wise and human being wise. 

I think it's hypocritical how someone can be against certain religious/political views yet still lives in the country and takes the wealth from it. 

Scrap that comment , with Jonny going , sounds a nice bloke that James McLean (I'm a fickle bartard) ((mind you we all are us football fans)) ??

Archived