James McClean

Andrew3000

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

He quotes Martin McGuinness as being his hero, has turned his back on the national anthem and refuses to wear the poppy, of which to me would indicate he has the same beliefs of the IRA.  No such thing as guilt by association though ?

Not wearing the poppy is a non issue for me. I agree turning his back on the anthem was foolish, he didn't need to make such a public show.

Martin Mcguinness was well respected by many for his efforts in the peace process. I used to work with people in northern Ireland who also felt he was a bit of a hero for his work in that process and none of them are terrorists or terrorist sympathisers.

1 hour ago, Leon the ram 2009 said:

So what freedom is that then, I’ve written two posts on this topic, both have been taken down, maybe I should say I want his babies, death to all brits and up the duck in Ra 

The freedom to express himself. Y'know, basically the opposite of what the nazis were about. 

I did notice your posts were removed. No idea why. Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's imo.

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Not wearing the poppy is a non issue for me. I agree turning his back on the anthem was foolish, he didn't need to make such a public show.

Martin Mcguinness was well respected by many for his efforts in the peace process. I used to work with people in northern Ireland who also felt he was a bit of a hero for his work in that process and none of them are terrorists or terrorist sympathisers.

I would be very surprised if anybody openly admiter to being a terrorist or sympathiser.  I think he has expressed his actions should be perceived as associated towards peace etc...however he must also know how these would be interpreted by those who cannot forgot the actions of some and therefore being implicated by association. 

I sort of understand his stance in that he is a proud Irish republican who see’s the UK as the evil that separates his country and the British Army as occupiers.

as a former British soldier who lost colleagues in NI maybe he can see my stance, I see it as an affront to my dead colleagues and the ?? UK that he will take our money and then advertise and promote anti British, sectarian anti humanitarian view.

if he feels that strongly he should go home, I for one don’t want him here

Just now, Mistaram said:

Can we change the subject he's not coming Pardew has said he's not loaning him out so its all irrelevant what we think 

Good excuse to just close the thread and be done, otherwise we'll soon be on 200 pages going round and round and round to precisely nowhere. Shame he's not coming though, would have been a decent signing at this level.

14 minutes ago, Slim charles said:

There are hundreds of Irish players playing all through the English leagues but only one who behaves like he does! 

The entire roi team wore shirts commemorating the 1916 easter uprising which amounts to the same thing as the badge he is pictured wearing.

Best sack Keogh and Pearce off now then.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

The entire roi team wore shirts commemorating the 1916 easter uprising which amounts to the same thing as the badge he is pictured wearing.

Best sack Keogh and Pearce off now then.

Which brings us back to the original point, they also (along with the others Ireland players bar Mclean) wore poppies, and none of the other Ireland players have ever turned their back on the national anthem.  He's just a bad egg who would be a distraction we dont need......not to mention he looks like he's gonna get sent off every time he's on the pitch!

1 minute ago, Slim charles said:

Which brings us back to the original point, they also (along with the others Ireland players bar Mclean) wore poppies, and none of the other Ireland players have ever turned their back on the national anthem.  He's just a bad egg who would be a distraction we dont need......not to mention he looks like he's gonna get sent off every time he's on the pitch!

No your original point was him wearing a badge which was an IRA badge, which it isn't. Most republicans wear it as a peace symbol to commemorate those that died during the uprising in 1916.

I respect his political beliefs, and he shouldn’t be forced to do anything he disagrees with politically but if this becomes the big talking point instead of his football surely we’d be better off without the unnecessary distraction of a fan fight.

Archived