James McClean

Andrew3000

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be an excellent signing. He'd perform very well at this level. 

To those who have instantly chundered into their coffees over this: please read some of the very articulate, measured things James McClean has said on his reasons for not wearing the poppy. Politics should play no part in football, but for those who insist on making it so, you should warrant yourself some balance by hearing both sides of what is an extremely complex story. 

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

To those who have instantly chundered into their coffees over this: please read some of the very articulate, measured things James McClean has said on his reasons for not wearing the poppy. Politics should play no part in football, but for those who insist on making it so, you should warrant yourself some balance by hearing both sides of what is an extremely complex story. 

22 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Exactly, agree or disagree with him, he is entitled to his views. Would not be relevant to signing him, just don't rate him...

29 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Absolutely spot on mate.

He has outlined his reasons, and I can certainly understand his stance.

And I say that as someone who has served in the Armed Forces, as I say around remembrance day it is a persons prerogative if they wish to wear a poppy it should never be compulsory

He is entitled to his political views, just a shame that the same right to free speech is not extended to everyone in this country.  His association with former know IRA members and turning his back on the national anthem for example are for me an indication of his feelings towards this country and whilst I believe he has a right to this view and expressing them, It’s something that having lived through and experienced I would want as a representation of our club.  Just my view of course.

We live in an era where we've almost lost freedom of speech and people are clamping down on freedom of thought, with a huge herd mentality driven a lot by social media. I respect McClean for not following the herd and have no problem with the political stand he's taken.

I'd be surprised if West Brom were willing to sell him. There were rumours of Burnley interest earlier in the season so we'd likely have competition if they were. A winger who would provide more quality and doesn't shirk his defensive duties so would fit in well into a Rowett team.

Archived