James McClean

Andrew3000

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Slim charles said:

Do you mean in the same way as Britain has had issues with Germany, Spain, Italy Japan etc but every time our nation's meet respect is always shown by ALL players! Why is he allowed to be different?

Would you wear a Japanese flag at a Japanese WW2 memorial service?

I respect and remember the fallen, but I can’t support or condone the role or actions of the British armed forces in Northern Ireland. We were an oppressive, incursive regime and that’s the truth of it. This is a conflict in recent memory, the implications of which are still playing out today. Our current government has reneged on neutrality by aligning with the DUP, so there is still a long way to go before the situation is fully resolved  

Whatever your view, the bottom line is that McClean’s is, at the very least, understandable, and he has a right to uphold it and express it where he is asked to perform actions which conflict with his conscience. 

2 hours ago, Lambchop said:

He’s peacefully protesting his right not to show support for the British Army, who were an invading and occupying force who committed many atrocities in Northern Ireland, including ethnic cleansing and sectarian murder. He has every right to his view and shows integrity by expressing it.

If you want to keep politics out of football, stop forcing players to wear poppies in the first place. The poppy should be about remembrance, but it has been politicised by those with English nationalist agendas like Britain First. It’s people like them who are a greater threat to the legacy of freedom than  someone like James McClean. 

I don't think anyone is forced to wear the poppy are they? Maybe it was wrong to use the army to police that part of the UK because the IRA were largely just a criminal organisation trading in drugs and protection rackets. Your ethnic cleansing and sectarian murder drivel is quite funny though. As regards McClean, he is probably just an intention seeking young man which I don't have a huge problem with, just think we can do better than that.

10 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

I respect and remember the fallen, but I can’t support or condone the role or actions of the British armed forces in Northern Ireland. We were an oppressive, incursive regime and that’s the truth of it. This is a conflict in recent memory, the implications of which are still playing out today. Our current government has reneged on neutrality by aligning with the DUP, so there is still a long way to go before the situation is fully resolved  

Whatever your view, the bottom line is that McClean’s is, at the very least, understandable, and he has a right to uphold it and express it where he is asked to perform actions which conflict with his conscience. 

So do you support the actions of the Republicans in the Northern Ireland conflict like Mr McLean aswell then?  You seem to be almost implying we deserved it?!

13 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

I dare say that a good number of residents of Northern Ireland would disagree with you.

3 minutes ago, bcnram said:

I don't think anyone is forced to wear the poppy are they? Maybe it was wrong to use the army to police that part of the UK because the IRA were largely just a criminal organisation trading in drugs and protection rackets. Your ethnic cleansing and sectarian murder drivel is quite funny though. As regards McClean, he is probably just an intention seeking young man which I don't have a huge problem with, just think we can do better than that.

What's one of those? I only know of attention seekers - not these people that belie in something that bothers them personally due to their families being involved in tragedies, oh wait that's not allowed is it

3 minutes ago, Slim charles said:

So do you support the actions of the Republicans in the Northern Ireland conflict like Mr McLean aswell then?  You seem to be almost implying we deserved it?!

I don’t support violent actions anywhere, ever. I said the same about the ANC as the IRA. Both utilised violent means and both sprang from situations of apartheid oppression. It’s clearly harder for people to see the validity of the Republican cause because it’s too close to home. 

59 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Sorry,but if you’re using the Guardian or any other left leaning rag as reference points then you won’t be getting a politically balanced viewpoint.

Anyway,back to matters football!! I think that McLean is an upgrade on Weimann and Russell but think he carries too much “baggage”.He’s perfectly entitled to his views but I think he’d be an unsettling influence in the squad and alienate parts of the crowd.Besides,I couldn’t see him having a few beers in the Neptune!!?

6 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

Sorry,but if you’re using the Guardian or any other left leaning rag as reference points then you won’t be getting a politically balanced viewpoint.

Anyway,back to matters football!! I think that McLean is an upgrade on Weimann and Russell but think he carries too much “baggage”.He’s perfectly entitled to his views but I think he’d be an unsettling influence in the squad and alienate parts of the crowd.Besides,I couldn’t see him having a few beers in the Neptune!!?

I think parts of the crowd alienate themselves tbh. 

1 hour ago, rcarso1 said:

Yea, you need to have the sensible balanced view of the Daily Fail, Sun and Express, quality publications!!!!

2 hours ago, Mr Giggles said:

What's one of those? I only know of attention seekers - not these people that belie in something that bothers them personally due to their families being involved in tragedies, oh wait that's not allowed is it

Oops!! that is what comes of typing something in a hurry. My apologies for my typo. x

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yea, you need to have the sensible balanced view of the Daily Fail, Sun and Express, quality publications!!!!

Just shows you how crap our news outlets are.The only thing I believe in any paper is the date and,even then,I double check! 

Anyway,back to the football!?

Archived