James McClean

Andrew3000

16 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

We are now in 2018..... not 1988. Think some views are back in that time.

Funniest argument I’ve heard about him, is that he’s ok to take the money with Queens Head on it.

I can’t be doing with royalty one bit, but I have to accept it, I have to accept paying for the upkeep of them and Buck House..... Accept he has differing views, it’s not as if he’s asking for folk to be killed. Not as if he’s enticing hatred, not as if he’s looking to force his beliefs on anyone. 

For those who moan, come into 2018..... it is safe to have a differing opinion, it is ok to live in a world of change.....

Its in your head...... they’re still fighting.....

Stating that it’s the current year has always been one of the most compelling arguments anyone could ever make. 

2hdb2o5.jpg

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Funniest argument I’ve heard about him, is that he’s ok to take the money with Queens Head on it.

I can’t be doing with royalty one bit, but I have to accept it, I have to accept paying for the upkeep of them and Buck House..... Accept he has differing views, it’s not as if he’s asking for folk to be killed. Not as if he’s enticing hatred, not as if he’s looking to force his beliefs on anyone. 

For those who moan, come into 2018..... it is safe to have a differing opinion, it is ok to live in a world of change.....

May be 2018 but being from a military family I couldn't support him in a derby shirt. Not now not ever. 

Doesn't worry me he doesn't wear the poppy, surely its personal choice.

Think turning his back on the anthem was foolish, he only succeeded in bringing attention to himself, all he needed to do was lower his head or whatever, you can understand why people think he has anti British views because of those actions.

Would it bother me if he signed for us? No.

Good player. Not coming anyway.

19 minutes ago, Slim charles said:

Bob Malcolm never played for us after that incident,

Stefano Eranio was long retired after his sacking comments.

Russell Hoult I thought had moved on somewhere else when that story broke? (could be wrong though)

The Brain Clough comments on justin Fashunu......pretty sure that is speculation and completey unconfirmed!  That allegation is poor taste!  Ask forest fans and they will tell you he was left out for being absolutely useless!

Regarding the Clough one, I apologise. I got my timelines mixed up (I'm not sure how) and thought his suicide was much closer to his time at Forest than it actually was. However, the fact he came out as gay was part of Clough's reasoning for dropping him. He even suspended him:

His manager at Nottingham Forest, Brian Clough, suspended him at the time and told The Observer last week: 'I paid a million quid for him. He couldn't score goals and he was a bit dodgy off the field.'

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2003/aug/03/sport.comment3

As long as McLean isn't hurting anyone or advocating  for hurting anyone I don't see what the problem is to be honest. People have differing opinions on things all the time. Doesn't mean he can't do the job that's being asked of him.

1 hour ago, Posh Ram said:

The Kaiser wanted to greatly expand the German Empire, we fought him to restrain the growth of said empire. Just because they weren't evil like the Nazis doesn't mean they didn't pose a threat to freedom of speech and a desire to conquer other peoples.

We had freedom of speech here? At that time? To a greater degree than Germany?.

This desire to conquer other peoples, is that the same desire we had in our empire to, err, conquer other peoples?

12 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

We had freedom of speech here? At that time? To a greater degree than Germany?.

This desire to conquer other peoples, is that the same desire we had in our empire to, err, conquer other peoples?

We produced propaganda leaflets showing the Bosch bayonetting babies.

His record isn't that great.

47 starts for west brom plus 42 appearances as sub - 4 goals

his tweet doesn't show him in the best of lights.

Plus I find him utterly loathesome

7 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Good interview. Thanks. 

Seems like a decent bloke (except for his reaction to that tackle TBH).

As for his politics, they could scarcely be more different from mine from the looks of things...but part of my politics is that he's entitled to his views and I'd debate them with him any day...and defend him against the abuse or potential discrimination as a result of his views.

Seems a strong character, good on him.

41 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Sorry mafia, This is very personal to some of us and the support of any terrorist organisation that has killed and maimed your friends and in the Derby support, their family is still unacceptable.

To be honest I don't really give a stuff that he won't wear a poppy, i'd rather he wouldn't if he doesn't believe in it.

What I absolutely object to is the hate and vitriol he spouts and because he is in the public eye it gets listened to.

The army were sent into Ulster in 1969 to protect McClean types and their beliefs.

They were repaid for their protection by being shot at and blown to pieces.

If this story is remotely true then our great football club which traditionally has had close links to the army will have gone backwards in my eyes.

I have 50 year love of Derby County and this will be greatly diminished by employing the person we are talking about.

Took about 7/8 posts of this thread to realise just how many Neanderthals support our club. 

The same people who (rightly) won’t let you forget about those who lost their lives for us to live in a free country are the same who jump on anyone who dares exercise that freedom! 

The guy would be an excellent addition if we get him in on the right deal... offers something different to what we have on the wings at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Wild flight of imagination, based on Russian mobilization threatening invasion from the East. 

To be fair, the Germans/Austria-Hungary were well up for it anyway.

Have a read, think you are getting a tad muddled. Wasn't a big part of my history degree but know enough to know that interpretation is incorrect. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26048324

28 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Regarding the Clough one, I apologise. I got my timelines mixed up (I'm not sure how) and thought his suicide was much closer to his time at Forest than it actually was. However, the fact he came out as gay was part of Clough's reasoning for dropping him. He even suspended him:

His manager at Nottingham Forest, Brian Clough, suspended him at the time and told The Observer last week: 'I paid a million quid for him. He couldn't score goals and he was a bit dodgy off the field.'

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2003/aug/03/sport.comment3

As long as McLean isn't hurting anyone or advocating  for hurting anyone I don't see what the problem is to be honest. People have differing opinions on things all the time. Doesn't mean he can't do the job that's being asked of him.

Fashanus problems off the field weren't to do with him beng gay. He was out clubbing a lot.. It was a very sad case but not all Brian cloughs fault by any means. 

Archived