Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

57 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

If we'd signed Tammy Abraham on loan, we'd be top of the league and Frank would be being talked of as the English Guardiola.

And we'd be completely ducked for FFP - £60,000 per week he allegedly signed for. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/03/2019 at 19:52, AlfonzoBurlonzo said:

Scott Carson is used as a scapegoat for our recent lack of form just because he made two or three errors when he has been absolutely outstanding for 2 seasons for us. Kelle Roos meanwhile made two mistakes in a handful of starts with a truly awful attempt to try and parry the shot that resulted in Jed Wallace scoring for Millwall yet is excused because he's a "youngster" when he's flipping twenty-six.

As a counter argument:-

Carson looked good under Rowett because we were a defensive team and the main focus was on his shot stopping. 

Playing under FL in a more attacking team has highlighted the flaws in his game, namely distribution and dealing with crosses.

FWIW I don't scapegoat him, just don't think he's as good as some would have you believe.

21 hours ago, Parsnip said:

If we'd signed Tammy Abraham on loan, we'd be top of the league and Frank would be being talked of as the English Guardiola.

Interested in your logic behind this. 

I don't think it's a goalscorer we are missing but someone to create chances.

22 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Interested in your logic behind this. 

I don't think it's a goalscorer we are missing but someone to create chances.

For me one area where we have struggled is that player up top, who holds up the ball and bring others into play and can also run into the channels. He would have been in a perfect fit imo in some of these away games where we are under the cosh.

However your point is valid, Villa struggled without Grealish, doesn’t matter how good your goalscorer is, if no chances are being created.

Therefore for me, impossible to say if we’d be better or worse in the league.

3 hours ago, AdamRam said:

For me one area where we have struggled is that player up top, who holds up the ball and bring others into play and can also run into the channels. He would have been in a perfect fit imo in some of these away games where we are under the cosh.

However your point is valid, Villa struggled without Grealish, doesn’t matter how good your goalscorer is, if no chances are being created.

Therefore for me, impossible to say if we’d be better or worse in the league.

Think I would agree with that to an extent.

Neither Marriott or Waghorn have a good first touch in my opinion. But therefore I don't think we should be looking to be giving either player the ball with their back to goal.

But likewise this may be down to the fact that they are starved of real service and may be rusty when they actually do receive a ball to feet as opposed to chasing lost causes! 

55 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Think I would agree with that to an extent.

Neither Marriott or Waghorn have a good first touch in my opinion. But therefore I don't think we should be looking to be giving either player the ball with their back to goal.

But likewise this may be down to the fact that they are starved of real service and may be rusty when they actually do receive a ball to feet as opposed to chasing lost causes! 

They certainly can become isolated, next season (not writing this off yet) will be interesting to see who FL brings in for midfield, for me that’s the area we have struggled with. 

I believe that the transition into a high pressing team which FL wants will take time and certain players, not that I’m not saying he hasn’t made mistakes in ones he has brought in, but even City in their first season struggled at times and needed time to implement. 

55 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm fed up with being 'Frank Lampard's' Derby County.

I still quite like it! In fact, I probably like it more now than I did to start with.

I like that Derby County are newsworthy again and think that the more a feelgood factor exists around the club, the more it will rub off on the players.

We've had loads of grumpy seasons recently. Can we be happy for once? 

Please? 

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

I like that Derby County are newsworthy again and think that the more a feelgood factor exists around the club, the more it will rub off on the players.

I get it. I do. But this is 'unpopular opinions' and so I'm fed up with it being firstly about Frank and not about Derby. #COYR

I’d rather we were about anything that relates to on the pitch matters, rather than off.

We are still a media circus based upon some of our previous actions and my unpopular opinion is that had we not created this environment in the first place we wouldn’t be subject to such stories in the first place.  I also don’t get the constant back patting that happens at every opportunity for these individuals at the club because they have addressed issues they are partly responsible for creating in the first instance.  I get it, MM has and is still driving this club forward, we are under FFP, he was honest telling us this, kudos to the man, now can I please get back to what the team is doing.

Let’s focus on the football on the field, let FL concentrate on that and run the clubs off field matters as it should be, in the background.

ill put my tin hat on now, but hope the rest of the season is dominated by wins and a trip to Wembley.

14 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I’d rather we were about anything that relates to on the pitch matters, rather than off.

We are still a media circus based upon some of our previous actions and my unpopular opinion is that had we not created this environment in the first place we wouldn’t be subject to such stories in the first place.  I also don’t get the constant back patting that happens at every opportunity for these individuals at the club because they have addressed issues they are partly responsible for creating in the first instance.  I get it, MM has and is still driving this club forward, we are under FFP, he was honest telling us this, kudos to the man, now can I please get back to what the team is doing.

Let’s focus on the football on the field, let FL concentrate on that and run the clubs off field matters as it should be, in the background.

ill put my tin hat on now, but hope the rest of the season is dominated by wins and a trip to Wembley.

Pretty much agree with this. Preferred it when I didn't know who the chairman/CFO/CEO was. Too much talk about off field matters for my liking.

17 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

2 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Pretty much agree with this. Preferred it when I didn't know who the chairman/CFO/CEO was. Too much talk about off field matters for my liking.

Up until 24 hours ago, I'd have totally agreed, but once you get into that inner circle, it turns your head! 

Turnovers.  Percentages.  Profitability.  Sustainability.  Income.  Outgoings...

It's all the rage.  It's the now, and the future.

I'm thinking Pay-Offs before Play-Offs.  Saving ain't just for Carson!  Moneybags, not onion bags.  Nett, not net! Financial Secretary, not Unclearry!  

All I'm looking for now, come Satdeh, is a good performance on the pitch (win, lose or draw), and record sales of Bovril and pies.

This time next year, Rodders...

That I support my local team in its highs and lows. I like that it has some triumph in its history but I am resigned to the fact that we will be forever a average middle sized club from a provincial city. They give me some pleasure, something to belong to, but I know deep down with the way the game and industry is now, they will never make the football world tremble with delight at the mention of their name. 

Before kick off on every matchday I dream, but I know I will wake up to the world of high finance and TV rights 

15 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Stuart Webb doesn't deserve the hero status so many older fans on here accord him.

I think I count as one of the older fans on here. I always thought that he was a bit shifty, don't know why but something similar to Sam Rush (football is money lead and to get all the deals through was great, but deep down there had to be a reason for him always getting his man). I will however always be grateful for his role in saving the club from being wound up.

I come at this from the view that as a small club we have always needed uniqueness in achieving anything. We used to say the pitch was a factor we also said the proximity of he crowd to the pitch was a factor. We had non repeatable factors such as BC which we can forget. We should look at ways to make us different again and get an edge. We have an academy this could yet be an edge but  we really need the environment at the stadium to be unique. We need to get the crowd closer to the players and influence matches, since PP came (overall good) I have not once felt the same ability to influence the game from the stand that I did at BG. Please can the club set up a fan and club group to come up with ideas. I would like to see a lot more stadium deco such as player murals on the back walls, black and white everywhere, inside stadium bars and walkways, a marching band on before and mid match, give it a cup feel.  The kind of thing theatre production staff can come up. I would also put a roof on so the noise becomes a factor, this is truly unique and oppo teams would always come fearing the derby roar again. 

Archived