Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

7 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Admittedly they aren't good enough reasons but both Gazza and Collymore suffered mental breakdowns later in life. No excuse for what they both did but may in someway it explains their actions. Maybe, and I don't declare this as fact but possibly they took their own insecurities out on the ones they love. Not right in anyway but it does happen.

Their respective mental health issues certainly played a part and may even elicit a tiny bit of sympathy for them both, despite how disgusting their actions were. However, my condemnation wasn't aimed at either of them; rather the football fans (not just Derby) who despise Collymore whilst revering Gascoigne. Whilst it doesn't provide an accurate insight into the real world, Twitter really shows the abuse and servility Collymore and Gascoigne receive respectively.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Andicis said:

I hate Leeds more than Forest. This season have given me enough reasons to genuinely hate them as a club, whereas Forest is just close to Derby, where I don't even live anymore. I don't get the impression of Forest fans being genuinely awful people, whereas Leeds gives that off.

I hate Leeds more than Forest, for the reasons above about Leeds fans, plus it's a 1970s thing. The Forest rivalry is good fun, but Leeds? Genuinely cannot stand them, their arrogance, their shitty ground in the middle of nowhere or their ducking scarves.

Sith Happens
25 minutes ago, Ramos said:

I don’t get why they stopped at roast potatoes in the concourse, i hope you can get a full carvery from next season. Or at least some cauliflower cheese. 

What with people wanting to knock back pints in the stands, now a full Sunday roast is being suggested, can you imagine the atmosphere after half time as 30000 people settle down for an afternoon nap? 

We could always pipe in the sounds of the Amazon rain forest too and suggest to mel instead of flags he a puts a quilt on each seat.

Scott Malone - This will only be unpopular with some but he does seem to be a marmite player. 

I think Scotty might turn out to be a very good player for us. Lose limbed and seems, at first glance, to be ungainly but he comes out with the ball more often than not. Gets in good positions off the ball, can whip a cross at that dangerous knee level  oh and adds some height to our largely gnome like squad. 

4 hours ago, JG400 said:

The xxxxxxx Transfer Suggestion Thread is a waste of optimism 

I remember a time when we didn't have that thread and there would be 20 new threads in the transfer talk about player suggestions. 

10 minutes ago, jono said:

Scott Malone - This will only be unpopular with some but he does seem to be a marmite player. 

I think Scotty might turn out to be a very good player for us. Lose limbed and seems, at first glance, to be ungainly but he comes out with the ball more often than not. Gets in good positions off the ball, can whip a cross at that dangerous knee level  oh and adds some height to our largely gnome like squad. 

'Spaghetti Legs' Malone is still the best moniker I've ever heard.

8 minutes ago, jono said:

I'm not sure whether this constitutes an unpopular opinion or not, but I like Malone. I think he's been a good signing.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

What with people wanting to knock back pints in the stands, now a full Sunday roast is being suggested, can you imagine the atmosphere after half time as 30000 people settle down for an afternoon nap? 

We could always pipe in the sounds of the Amazon rain forest too and suggest to mel instead of flags he a puts a quilt on each seat.

Now that sounds like the kinda football match I want to go to 

6 hours ago, Rambam said:

That We Are Derby chant is embarrassing, especially when he came on the pitch and shouted it. 

I have no sense of rhythm or beat so can never get it right regardless of whether it’s good or bad or in our culture.

it doesn’t sound uplifting, encouraging or cheerful in any way. It’s not even angry and tough - it’s all a bit meh in my opinion 

(now he ducks and runs for cover ?)

Our fans are pretty poo with regards to atmosphere,  we only have one stand that makes any effort to generate any noise, and our songs are pretty poo, all nicked off other clubs....we desperately need somthing new to give us some identity!

Just now, Slim charles said:

Our fans are pretty poo with regards to atmosphere,  we only have one stand that makes any effort to generate any noise, and our songs are pretty poo, all nicked off other clubs....we desperately need somthing new to give us some identity!

"We are Derby"

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Agreed but is that specifically ours? "We are Derby" is left field and quintessentially ours.

I really wish we had an anthem that could shiver timbers for players and fans alike 

blowing bubbles, we are the Manchester boys,  and never walk alone and others for sure  ... so so special 

5 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

I'm not sure whether this constitutes an unpopular opinion or not, but I like Malone. I think he's been a good signing.

Yes and hopefully competing with Forsyth next season. Be nice to have two very decent players in the left back position. 

Archived