Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, sage said:

If anyone offers what we paid for Lawrence and Malone I would sell.

As much as I want him to succeed and I really do cos there’s a v talented player in there somewhere I would with Lawrence in a heartbeat 

We paid v good money for a wildly inconsistent player 

Just now, Millenniumram said:

The bounce is a bit cringeworthy and we should have a Chant that focuses on ourselves that’s easy enough to get everyone chanting in unison in a similar way to the bounce but is more intimidating. Focusing on our rivals makes us look a bit tinpot imo

Agreed. This year’s bounce has nothing on 13/14’s ‘Since I Was Young’.

While he was a great goalscorer I never really enjoyed watching Chris Martin play. All the moaning, falling over and general whining was not really the sort of play I want to see from my team. My love for that Mac-1 team was the midfield - with a perm out of Hughes, Hendrick, Bryson, Thorne, Eustace and Russell it was the beating heart of our side.

I also admit that the rampant belief by some that Martin can still have a place in our side has taken any affection I might have had for him in our history and mashed it to a pulp. I now just want to close the book on the whole Chris Martin chapter.

I was totally over the Villa wembley defeat in about 30 seconds....but I’m still not over thr QPR one.

The bounce is embarrassing. 

The Mason bennett chant is too. 

Steve Bloomers Watching is great. 

I think Forest embracing the 40 years since they won the European Cup is pretty cool. 

I have nothing against Leeds, in fact I kind of like them. 

I hate Leeds more than Forest. This season have given me enough reasons to genuinely hate them as a club, whereas Forest is just close to Derby, where I don't even live anymore. I don't get the impression of Forest fans being genuinely awful people, whereas Leeds gives that off.

34 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I hate Leeds more than Forest. This season have given me enough reasons to genuinely hate them as a club, whereas Forest is just close to Derby, where I don't even live anymore. I don't get the impression of Forest fans being genuinely awful people, whereas Leeds gives that off.

I hate Leicester and Norwich ...... crisp bakers and carrot crunchers

32 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Aaaaagh ... you've mentioned it .... my wound has re-opened (cough, splutter)

I’m sorry....I still have never seen the goal from that day...and I have watched the Villa game from start to finish 3 times already. (We still don’t win that by the way)

another few.

we should play in Blue and White. 

Pride park is the most boring stadium design ever 

I don’t think (and I’m not sure about this) that I ever want us to go up. 

I suppose this is somewhat Derby-related due to one of our songs. People despise Stan Collymore for hitting Ulrika yet treat Paul Gascoigne, who put his wife through 'years of physical and mental abuse' and has been accused of sexual assault, as some sort of national treasure.

Ridiculous double standards.

26 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I suppose this is somewhat Derby-related due to one of our songs. People despise Stan Collymore for hitting Ulrika yet treat Paul Gascoigne, who put his wife through 'years of physical and mental abuse' and has been accused of sexual assault, as some sort of national treasure.

Ridiculous double standards.

It's a very fair point but there are 3 mitigating factors. 

1. Gazza was footballing genius

2. He didn't play for Forest.

3. He didn't play for Fester.

Admittedly they aren't good enough reasons but both Gazza and Collymore suffered mental breakdowns later in life. No excuse for what they both did but it may in someway explain their actions. Maybe, and I don't declare this as fact but possibly they took their own insecurities out on the ones they love. Not right in anyway but it does happen.

Archived