Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/03/2019 at 06:12, AndyinLiverpool said:

I don't really care about any of the individuals involved in the club any more. Managers don't stick around (for one reason or another), players come and go quickly and the owner doesn't want the club.

Meh.

Got to agree with this. I haven’t felt a good connection to the club and it’s players since Stevie Mac’s first stint.

1 hour ago, GeneralRam said:

Got to agree with this. I haven’t felt a good connection to the club and it’s players since Stevie Mac’s first stint.

Just amazed that people feel like this after the season we've had.  There's been a feelgood factor from the under 18s up all season. Lots of heartwarming stories of fan engagement. A bright young manager who is giving youth a go.

I too had struggled to let go of the 13/14 squad and football but this year I have done it easily.

I do hope we build on this next year and get even further than this. But even if we don't, I  will still be grateful for this season. 

3 hours ago, Gritters said:

Believe me pal the booze in the ground will not get you pissed. It may make you need a piss before half time but it will sober most people up.

Believe me you’re talking out of your arse 

Everyone overlooks Efe Ambrose as our star player this year. Some even said Wilson and Mount were Better? His impact since he joined in January as been instrumental. Hope we sign him permanently. I reckon we could get him for 5 mill if we ask nicely 

27 minutes ago, angieram said:

Just amazed that people feel like this after the season we've had...

I too had struggled to let go of the 13/14 squad and football but this year I have done it easily.

It's too much like a holiday romance, the lookers have all gone home leaving the fans stuck with the (mostly) average locals! ??

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's too much like a holiday romance, the lookers have all gone home leaving the fans stuck with the (mostly) average locals! ??

Yes, but the holiday romances are just for fun - you always marry a local lad in the end! 

Anyway, what's to say next season's tourists won't be even better? 

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes, but the holiday romances are just for fun - you always marry a local lad in the end! 

Anyway, what's to say next season's tourists won't be even better? 

Lol. Just got to wait for some stunning locals to move here! ? I think Jack might be a bit of a lad! ?

Allow people to drink in their seats and have people like they do at concerts walk round with portable beer dispensers, which will prevent the half time queues and therefore prevent the stadium half emptying 5 mins before the break and people being late back.

6 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Allow people to drink in their seats and have people like they do at concerts walk round with portable beer dispensers, which will prevent the half time queues and therefore prevent the stadium half emptying 5 mins before the break and people being late back.

Just the thought of this at English Football matches makes me glad I don't sit in the South Stand any more!

*Actually, I moved from the SE corner, but that was before the South Stand became the new SE corner!

EDIT:

I've seen the yootoob vids... our away fans buy a lot more beer than they actually drink!  

15 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I like the idea but surely, in England at least, pints would fly everywhere whenever a goal was scored.

No doubt if people complained about being soaked in beer they’d be accused of not being proper fans, ‘cos proper fans don’t mind getting soaked in beer, and the soakee is the villain rather than the soaker.  

(This probably constitutes an unpopular opinion of my own...)

Unpopular opinions?

Steve Bloomers Watching is terrible, like some Chas and Dave happy clappy sing-a-long.

Nothing happens after it, just a few der der der Derby.

We need something simple, has few words and a memorable angry defiant chorus that everyone can join in with.

Archived