Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

2 hours ago, mossjram said:

I come at this from the view that as a small club we have always needed uniqueness in achieving anything. We used to say the pitch was a factor we also said the proximity of he crowd to the pitch was a factor. We had non repeatable factors such as BC which we can forget. We should look at ways to make us different again and get an edge. We have an academy this could yet be an edge but  we really need the environment at the stadium to be unique. We need to get the crowd closer to the players and influence matches, since PP came (overall good) I have not once felt the same ability to influence the game from the stand that I did at BG. Please can the club set up a fan and club group to come up with ideas. I would like to see a lot more stadium deco such as player murals on the back walls, black and white everywhere, inside stadium bars and walkways, a marching band on before and mid match, give it a cup feel.  The kind of thing theatre production staff can come up. I would also put a roof on so the noise becomes a factor, this is truly unique and oppo teams would always come fearing the derby roar again. 

You're the guy from the roof company Mel's been talking to, ain't yer?

Very subtle that, leaving it until the last line... almost as an afterthought.  Well done.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, mossjram said:

Thank you for reading my post 

I don’t work for a roofing company 

Do you agree a roof is a good idea and could support a better atmosphere which could support our team getting better results ? 

You're very welcome.

Oh!

Depends on the roof style.  Last thing I need is echo, what with the tinnitus an' all that!

1 hour ago, mossjram said:

Do you agree a roof is a good idea and could support a better atmosphere which could support our team getting better results ? 

Question was not put to me but FWIW, my opinion is yes, definitely. Anyone who has ever been to the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff can confirm just how great an edge it can offer. Opposition players come out into a cauldron of baying home fans and even the hardiest can freeze. Huge advantage and an amazing atmosphere for sure. 

Sam Longson was a perfect chairman.

If he had actually known more than a goldfish about the beautiful game Cloughie might have discussed how he wanted to spend his (Longson’s) cash before agreeing terms.

This delay could have prevented him from signing :- Todd, MacFarland,  Gemmill,Mackay, et al and led to a few years of mediocrity.

It’s an ill wind.

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Harry Wilson is a good player.

Harry Wilson is a very good player but he falls over to much and much too easily. 

Even if we get an advantage of some sort, I really hate it when our players dive. It’s ok when it’s the opposition does it because I can slag them off,  but I’m off kilter when it’s one of ours. I could do a wry smirk but it hurts my Rams should be in shining armour dream.

29 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Damage usually done before mate!! 1730 kick off against Leeds !! Plenty of time 

Then in that case banning alcohol in the stadium shouldn't be a problem!

Might stop a few dashing off five minutes before half-time and blocking everyone else's view.

32 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Might stop a few dashing off five minutes before half-time and blocking everyone else's view.

Don’t get it. Why ban booze for 95% of sensible drinkers to control 5% of idiots. Blanket law like this is bad law. Punish the whole class because there was one nob ? Didn’t you hate that sort of stuff at school ? 

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Judging by the queue for alcohol Derby make quite a bit of money at the bars. 

Would be nice to  swan down after the whistle, quick wee, chips for the lad and enjoy a half time beer discussing the half with peers before swanning back up being seated before kick off. Perfect. 

Unfortunately, half time would have to be extended to about 45 mins.

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Believe me pal the booze in the ground will not get you pissed. It may make you need a piss before half time but it will sober most people up.

Archived