Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I don't suppose you are supposed to get likes for an unpopular opinion...…….?

I was expecting a few eye rolls tbh. I am sick of the moans and groans around the stadium when we actually keep the ball for longer than 10 seconds. It honestly doesn't make sense to me that people moan that we have possession of the football. Fans/supporters are meant to encourage the players. trying to play football at PP when your own fans are moaning and growning at you for simply keeping the ball definitely does not help you relax and play your game.

20 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

I was expecting a few eye rolls tbh. I am sick of the moans and groans around the stadium when we actually keep the ball for longer than 10 seconds. It honestly doesn't make sense to me that people moan that we have possession of the football. Fans/supporters are meant to encourage the players. trying to play football at PP when your own fans are moaning and growning at you for simply keeping the ball definitely does not help you relax and play your game.

I somewhat agree that the fans can be ridiculous sometimes, Tomori had the ball deep in our own half yesterday and there were groans because he wasn't doing something with it.

What do they expect him to do, skin 10 players and shoot? 

Anyway he subsequently gave the ball away and I feel it was partly due to the crowd influencing his decision.

4 hours ago, alanmarklewis said:

I somewhat agree that the fans can be ridiculous sometimes, Tomori had the ball deep in our own half yesterday and there were groans because he wasn't doing something with it.

Anyway he subsequently gave the ball away and I feel it was partly due to the crowd influencing his decision.

The FIFA generation. Hold down sprint and run down the wings. 

4 hours ago, alanmarklewis said:

There is an idiot behind me who keeps shouting 'run with it' or 'take them on' every time Timori gets the ball 30 yards out from his own goal. 

14 minutes ago, tinman said:

The FIFA generation. Hold down sprint and run down the wings. 

I don’t think it is the fifa generation. This generation has grown up watching and appreciating the Barcelona and spainish style of play. It’s more the older generation who used to watch (end to end football, with no tactics and 2 footed tackles to the chest being a fair challenge back in the 70s) that are the ones groaning.

(you lot don’t hurt me)?

5 hours ago, jimbobram said:

Unpopular opinion: We have some of the worst 'fans' in the league

That's quite a popular opinion actually, on here at least. I took quite a bit of flak for telling a Derby fan who described our fan base as toxic to sod off if he didn't like it. You can't say jack about Islam but yet you come on a Derby County fans forum, call the Derby County fan base toxic and people will rush to their defence when they get told to sling their hook.

14 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

That's quite a popular opinion actually, on here at least. I took quite a bit of flak for telling a Derby fan who described our fan base as toxic to sod off if he didn't like it. You can't say jack about Islam but yet you come on a Derby County fans forum, call the Derby County fan base toxic and people will rush to their defence when they get told to sling their hook.

I mean, I don't care to address the Islam part of your post, but I agree with the rest of it. Why is it the going thing now to slag our fans off? As I keep seeing it going around, I'll make the same point I've made before our fans aren't worse than anybody elses in this league some people get more passionate about hating our fans than they do for supporting the team...

28 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I mean, I don't care to address the Islam part of your post, but I agree with the rest of it. Why is it the going thing now to slag our fans off? As I keep seeing it going around, I'll make the same point I've made before our fans aren't worse than anybody elses in this league some people get more passionate about hating our fans than they do for supporting the team...

Maybe broadly speaking there are some sets of fans people could say are better than others. But unless people are consistently sitting in the crowd at other teams grounds how could they possibly say? And even if they were in a position to rank fanbases - 'toxic'? Really?

I'll wear my toxic profile pic with pride. Coming on this forum recently, makes me think 'ah so this is what Millwall and Leeds fans must feel like'. The thing is with Millwall and Leeds, it's everyone else badmouthing them. Perhaps there's a case for Derby having the most masochistic fan base.

• 7 months later...

Last season was the most exciting since Mac1. October-January 2017/18 was an unbelievable time to be a Derby fan and Rowett managed to do something that no other Derby manager since Nige has been able to do; turn around a terrible slump. That turnaround gave us some great times as well with the home wins against Cardiff and Fulham.

The football wasn’t anywhere near as bad as was made out, and people’s views are clouded by the manner in which he left.

Fight me.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Last season was the most exciting since Mac1. October-January 2017/18 was an unbelievable time to be a Derby fan and Rowett managed to do something that no other Derby manager since Nige has been able to do; turn around a terrible slump. That turnaround gave us some great times as well with the home wins against Cardiff and Fulham.

The football wasn’t anywhere near as bad as was made out, and people’s views are clouded by the manner in which he left.

Fight me.

No the football wasn't as bad as made out. At times it was very exciting. He just seemed to make the same mistake as every derby manager before and make crap signings in January.

I was pro Rowett until the Sunderland defeat at home and then he threw Thorne under the bus and tried to do the same to keogh.

10 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Fight me.

If Snake had been more flexible in his approach then we might be having a different conversation, but he wasn't and so in my opinion he was doomed to crash and burn. Glad you enjoyed it while we were winning.

4 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Fight me.

I'm giving you the angry face as a holder, while I formulate the words to show why you're so so wrong. 

I'm not even sure I can do that, so your last two words might be prophetic.

Not the face mind! (Or the balls, wouldn't argue if we left stomach out of bounds either).

Rock, paper, scissors it is then.

On 09/08/2017 at 14:27, Penelope Pendrex said:

Vydra is not a 10 and is doomed to failure at Derby as we have no system to accommodate his limited skillset.

Shocking.

On 09/08/2017 at 12:35, rammieib said:

Rowett will not be the manager at the start of next season.

Correct.

On 09/08/2017 at 15:11, deano180 said:

Farrend Rawson will be Derby's next England cap

This had to be a wind up.

On 09/08/2017 at 16:10, Bris Vegas said:

Vydra will go down as one of our worst ever signings when considering his value and output.

Typical Bris fare.

On 10/08/2017 at 09:33, FunkyRam said:

In 46 games Blackman can easily score 10+ goals if given a chance

Wasn’t give a chance I suppose.

On 12/08/2017 at 19:21, Mafiabob said:

Paul Simpson will be next Derby manager before New Year

What were you thinking here?

On 13/08/2017 at 08:11, TroyDyer said:

Our "great academy" is a myth. 

Possibly true at the time. Completely wrong now.

On 14/08/2017 at 14:05, Sweetness34 said:

Mine is that Darren Bent could easily be the best striker we have at the club. 

You’ve had a nightmare there.

On 03/01/2018 at 10:22, Whitefield said:

Kelle Roos is better than Mitchell.

Bang on.

On 29/05/2018 at 21:28, Waffle said:

Conor Doyle was the greatest youth prospect to come out of Nigel Clough’s era and should never have been sold.

Wind up, surely.

On 31/05/2018 at 18:44, Warren Hobhead said:

Jacob Butterfield could be our key player next season.

Wrong, but had the potential to be right IMO.

On 01/06/2018 at 20:13, Millenniumram said:

I’ll counter that with my own unpopular opinion- Darren Wassall is a poor manager/coach and is holding back our academy 

Shocking from you lad.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

If Snake had been more flexible in his approach then we might be having a different conversation, but he wasn't and so in my opinion he was doomed to crash and burn. Glad you enjoyed it while we were winning.

I'm sorry you didn't

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Fight me.

Correct in the main. I enjoyed last season more than this one, we scored more goals, had more threatening attacks and were soooo much more consistent. And we weren’t playing hoofball either (to start) , we just played counterattacking and frankly I enjoyed watching Huddlestone tear teams apart from the centre circle. The fact we were “poor to watch” was a myth imo, up until the new year when we actually did start just panicking and lumping it with no purpose, and sadly I think that’s exactly where we were further headed looking at our January business.

The big issue with Rowett for me that made me want him out wasn’t the style persay, it was the mentality. It was always let the team come on us, never go at them. That’s not sustainable, and would never work long term for a club like us. It’s not the way football should be either. And that is why he had to go, simple as that. The fact the man didn’t see will Hughes in his future plans as well just compounds the sort of mentality he has.

But I have to agree that he was the best manager since Mac, and has been far better thus far at implementing what he was trying to than Lampard has. Big difference is tho, Lampard is trying to do the right things, Rowett wasn’t. 

Archived