• Last Reply
40 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Shocking.

Correct.

This had to be a wind up.

Typical Bris fare.

Wasn’t give a chance I suppose.

What were you thinking here?

Possibly true at the time. Completely wrong now.

You’ve had a nightmare there.

Bang on.

Wind up, surely.

Wrong, but had the potential to be right IMO.

Shocking from you lad.

Tbf that wasn’t really my opinion that was the opinion of someone else who would know more than me about the club day to day that I chose to believe. I now think, looking at the u23 results, that they were wrong. Although I still maintain he isn’t a good tactical and could never be our manager contrary to many on here, they can be no doubt that he must be a good coach, which at youth level, is what really really matters.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Is he? Is he willing to adapt to the Championship?

That is my biggest fear about him. That he doesn’t understand not the division itself, but the ability of players within it. Well never get players good enough as individuals to win enough through individual skill. I fear he thinks we can and focuses more on that than teamplau itself. We will see, it may just be naivety of a new manager and he will improve as time goes on.

That said, there’s no smoke without fire and I think this summer will be the biggest upheaval this club has seen on a long time, and I’d be surprised to see him in the dugout opening day in August.

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That is my biggest fear about him. That he doesn’t understand not the division itself, but the ability of players within it. Well never get players good enough as individuals to win enough through individual skill. I fear he thinks we can and focuses more on that than teamplau itself. We will see, it may just be naivety of a new manager and he will improve as time goes on.

That said, there’s no smoke without fire and I think this summer will be the biggest upheaval this club has seen on a long time, and I’d be surprised to see him in the dugout opening day in August.

After watching England play last night I thought exactly the same thing.....that's how Frank wants us to play but we just don't and probably wont get the players to do it....Frank will no doubt have realised that by now and has learned from it and will adapt.... hopefully.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well if we sack another manager for 'only' being in or around the play-off slots then we deserve everything we get. Been saying for years now that we need consistency and stability. The precedents for this thinking are everywhere not least in the recently promoted sides and those in pole position this season. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

We've all been wanting that - with Pearson, with Clement, with Snake?

We haven't though Roy. All of the aforementioned had 'Out' threads and demands for them to walk so no, we have not all been wanting that. The only manager I wanted gone is Pearson and that's because he's mad as a cat in a box and actually looked like he could get us relegated given enough rope. I don't accept your point I'm afraid.

9 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Well if we sack another manager for 'only' being in or around the play-off slots then we deserve everything we get. Been saying for years now that we need consistency and stability. The precedents for this thinking are everywhere not least in the recently promoted sides and those in pole position this season. 

I was on about resignation rather than sacking. New board and all that, it happens fairly often if you’ve been brought in under a past regime.

4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

We haven't though Roy. All of the aforementioned had 'Out' threads and demands for them to walk so no, we have not all been wanting that. The only manager I wanted gone is Pearson and that's because he's mad as a cat in a box and actually looked like he could get us relegated given enough rope. I don't accept your point I'm afraid.

There's been fans of all of those, saying 'not been given long enough', even Pearson.

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I was on about resignation rather than sacking. New board and all that, it happens fairly often if you’ve been brought in under a past regime.

I think that's unlikely myself. Not the new regime piece but more that they would dismiss Lampard. On the contrary, I'd think they'd back him to the hilt in an effort to keep him and review at end of season. From a commercial standpoint, he's very good for the club. Not sure that can be disputed. The only way I could see it would be if a Bielsa type of candidate was lined up.

There's been fans of all of those, saying 'not been given long enough', even Pearson.

I know. Think we might be talking at cross purposes here bud. The point is, none were and we are where we are. That's the point I'm making. Of course stability in itself is no guarantee, before you say as much. I do think that if a manager does a passable job in season one, he should be entitled to go again after the summer window though. It's hard to really effect significant change across a single summer window after all.

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

I do think that if a manager does a passable job in season one, he should be entitled to go again after the summer window though. It's hard to really effect significant change across a single summer window after all.

Maybe, maybe not. I guess that's down to the owner, and if the manager isn't successful it's harder to disagree. Football doesn't do 'entitled' where managers are concerned...

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Maybe, maybe not. I guess that's down to the owner, and if the manager isn't successful it's harder to disagree. Football doesn't do 'entitled' where managers are concerned...

Some clubs don't. I'll concede. For the sake of argument, it'd be grand if we tried just once at least. Hasn't happened since Nigel. Like I said, no guarantees available but I'd fancy Lampard will have a team more like that he wants and will be wiser too with a season behind him. I don't think these are outlandish propositions. I also think that assuming he can, Mel will give Lampard another season to put his stamp on the team. 

Like I said, no guarantees available but I'd fancy Lampard will have a team more like that he wants and will be wiser too with a season behind him. I don't think these are outlandish propositions. 

I'd like to agree but he hasn't really wowed me with his squad purchases and his constant 'team-tinkering', nor his inability to take any 'blame' for our failures.

I'd like to agree but he hasn't really wowed me with his squad purchases and his constant 'team-tinkering', nor his inability to take any 'blame' for our failures.

I get that and I understand why some fans are unsettled. I'm not 'wowed' either but I've seen enough in some of our performances to think he's worth another window. Without being in any way contrary, who would you look at to replace him. Jok is the only one I can think of off the top of my head whose style of football is similar to what Frank seems to be aiming for.

Jok is the only one I can think of off the top of my head whose style of football is similar to what Frank seems to be aiming for.

How would him and Mel get on? Dunno, I get disillusioned with our owner's choices, it started with him sacking Mac I suppose...

Archived