Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

When does pre-season start?

Training starts first week of July I believe. Probably see some players turning up early to work on fitness during last week of June.

19 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I can't wait to see the look on @BurtonRam7's face when he finds out Gary's gone and Lampard is the new boss! 

Can i be the one to tell him?

I don't know how to break this to you, but a @BurtonOatcake7 has just registered on the Stoke forum.

57 minutes ago, Sweetness34 said:

I think my unpopular Rams Opinion of recent years is that Daren Bent is better than most give him credit for. I thought he was capable of banging in 15 to 20 goals a season up until his injury last summer.

I think his goals were overshadowed by Ince's at the time - pretty sure he was our 2nd top scorer? 

4 hours ago, Sweetness34 said:

I think my unpopular Rams Opinion of recent years is that Daren Bent is better than most give him credit for. I thought he was capable of banging in 15 to 20 goals a season up until his injury last summer.

The goals weren't the issue... it was that half the time it was like having only 10 on the pitch. More goals, but at a cost, such was the system at the time.

In 15/16 we should have stuck with the diamond formation and we would have got promoted if we played this team:

Carson

Christie    Keogh        Buxton   Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes          Hendrick   

Ince

Bent         Martin

Of course that all went to pot when Hughes got injured but that team has everything. Christie and Forsyth with the legs to provide the width. The passing ability and the ability to control the game with the likes of Hughes, Keogh, Buxton, Thorne and Martin. The running ability of Hendrick. It would have got the best out of Ince as it would have got him on the field with Bent, whom he formed the best partnership with, whilst also retaining Martin’s ability to retain possession. Bent wouldn’t have had to contribute to the general play, only to focus on being a goalscorer.

On 07/06/2018 at 03:42, Sweetness34 said:

100% agree. I could never figure out why he wasn't more popular - all he did was score goals on a regular basis.

Archived